Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Master

ShawnScot I wouldnt try to judge if your experience was a lucid dream or an astral projection one but it may of been a lucid dream seeing you werent aware of the astral bodies exit and you dont mention common OBE signs which would of helped to have supported more along the lines of an astral projection there with your experience.

When I lucid dream I commonly just suddenly find myself in a dream setting. When Im heading to a AP state, I usually get vibrations or other signs.

Does it truely matter which it was? Next time you could try to go to somewhere you know and look to see what is there (and then vertify this once you get out of bed) to try to find out if you are really were astrally projected or if your mind was just making it all up.

I had quite a few experiences which proved to me that what I was doing was more then lucid dreaming (and its only with some experience of the two that I can usually tell which is which).
Old 08-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
when your dreaming, your not conscience, thus, you wont be in your right mind set to test your reality, there would be no way for you to tell the difference, unless you begin to lucid dream during your normal dream.if you lucid dream, you can easily find out if your in a world that you created, you can try to enforce your will upon others, turn them into animals, dust, flowers, what ever u want lol, you can even try to make them do or say silly things, bassicly, if you have full control over the world your in, its safe to assume that you created the world.how ever, sometimes your guides or astral homies will act out your dream with you, they will follow your intent and play along lol, this might things a bit tricky.if u think this is the case, simply try to speak to them and try to pick up on there vibes, this should give them away even if they are acting out your dream with you.
I've lucid dreamed before, but I avoid it because it freaks me out. It just makes the environment too unstable for me. I'd rather not be lucid. When I did lucid dream I noticed that in some dreams I couldn't control things as well. Could that mean I'm interacting with real beings? I also notice gibberish in some dreams. I also notice that I revisit some places. They're usually cities, houses or libraries. Could that be part of the astral world? I think when I have premonitions of real locations in my dreams I'm probably in a real astral place. There was once this dream where I was more formless and my dream narrator was giving me a lot of information about a place. The details were too dry for me to remember. I later drove by that place, but I couldn't ask any questions about it.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
I've lucid dreamed before, but I avoid it because it freaks me out. It just makes the environment too unstable for me. I'd rather not be lucid. When I did lucid dream I noticed that in some dreams I couldn't control things as well. Could that mean I'm interacting with real beings? I also notice gibberish in some dreams. I also notice that I revisit some places. They're usually cities, houses or libraries. Could that be part of the astral world? I think when I have premonitions of real locations in my dreams I'm probably in a real astral place. There was once this dream where I was more formless and my dream narrator was giving me a lot of information about a place. The details were too dry for me to remember. I later drove by that place, but I couldn't ask any questions about it.

i see, when i first began to lucid dream as a child, it was a bit hard to master it, i found that if i try to hard to do anything, i would feel myself start to wake up, example, i once had a dream that i was driving a 4 wheeler on a dirt road, i was going slow, which was no fun at all, i then relized i was dreaming and it became a lucid dream, i then tried to speed up, the more i hit the throttle, the more i began to wake up, i had to end up stopping the 4 wheeler completly and begin to focus on my enviorment, this made me get back deeper into my lucid dream state.

as for telling if a being is real or not it really hard at times, a few months ago i had this awsome lucid dream, i made this huge city manafest infront of me, after a while i had my fun and got board, so i erased the city and created a large white room (like off the matrix movie lol,i find its easier to focus on creating things in a blank room, less distractions) anyway, as i made this room, 2 beings poped up, a male and a female, they were just staring at me, then the female said "hey! your dreaming right now" i replied "i know" and went on about my buisiness, i thought it was odd these two people were in my dream, because i did not put them there.(this dream happend before i even knew hat astral projection was) so, these beings didnt leave, they just sat there watching me, i got frustrated by them and tried to make them vanish, nothing happend, i then tried to make them do a silly dance, again, nothing happend, i was stumped, i had no idea why i couldnt manipulate them, usually in lucid dreams, i would have full control over every little thing. at that moment the female laughed at me and said " you know, thats not gonna work on us" i didnt understand none of it so i just flew through the wall and started a brand new dream.

the best i found to tell the difference from collective astral from dream astral is interacting with beings u find, you will be able to pick up vibes from real beings, you will be able to sense if this being is conscience, you will feel what the being is thinking, like, you will just know its intent and thoughts.
if u get nothing from a being, its probly something u created, another way is the project into this 3d reality from your dream, this would be the most sure fire way to find out, whether if your in the collective astral or dream astral, if you project yourself into your physical bedroom or house, you will be there, test your surroundings, try to move stuff, try to manipulate the walls around you, make them crumble or something, if you cant do it, you probaly projected into this world, sometimes though, your imagination will create a replica of your surroundings when u try to manipulate them, you might not even notice it happening, so try to avoid doing that, that will take some practice to master.

if you dont like lucid dreaming, then you probaly wont like astral projection very much lol, they are virtually one in the same, i kinda know how u feel though, the first time i projected from a dream, i started feeling really guilty of something, like i was cheating, i just got this over whelming feeling that i shouldnt be doing this, i have no idea why i feel this way, even now, when i project, i feel this guilt so much, sometimes it makes me just stop projecting and return to my body.maybe its just me though, but the guilt is real lol.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
I've lucid dreamed before, but I avoid it because it freaks me out. It just makes the environment too unstable for me. I'd rather not be lucid. When I did lucid dream I noticed that in some dreams I couldn't control things as well. Could that mean I'm interacting with real beings?.

Lucid dreams cant always be controlled as lucid dreams have your subconsciousness manifesting too into your experience and sometimes that may be manifesting stronger then what you can consciously manifest in the dream eg many people cant fly in a lucid dream though they try to do so.

Flying to the subconsciousness can represent life success.. hence flying may be going completely against what the subconciousness would choose to create if someone is going through a hard time in their and it could cause them not to be able to fly i the dream.

So an experience you cant control, could either be a lucid or an astral projection, you cant tell by a lack of control.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
the best i found to tell the difference from collective astral from dream astral is interacting with beings u find, you will be able to pick up vibes from real beings, you will be able to sense if this being is conscience, you will feel what the being is thinking, like, you will just know its intent and thoughts.
if u get nothing from a being, its probly something u created

unfortunately its possible to dream anything and one can easily dream they are mind reading other beings. In the astral it is possible for other beings to shield their thoughts etc so you may not necessarily pick those up if a being is doing that.

Quote:
another way is the project into this 3d reality from your dream, this would be the most sure fire way to find out, whether if your in the collective astral or dream astral, if you project yourself into your physical bedroom or house, you will be there, test your surroundings, try to move stuff, try to manipulate the walls around you, make them crumble or something, if you cant do it, you probaly projected into this world,

unfortunately for many if they want to experience a OBE rather then be just lucid dreaming and are trying to test, dreams often comply with a persons desires so this test isnt a good one as you may create a dream in which you think you are then astral and have it comply with your thoughts around this.

The best test I personally believe is trying to check out the astral of somewhere you know and then once you come out of the OBE state go to the place and see if what you did see was right. eg did your neighbour really have a green car you hadnt seen before in the driveway?

Quote:
if you dont like lucid dreaming, then you probaly wont like astral projection very much lol,

I much prefer when Im lucid dreaming over astral projection. Some people do have a preference due to experiencing these differently. eg I often get bored with my astral projections as I need to then act or be more responsible when dealing with others in the experience or it could cause real trouble eg lack of respect during one OBE had me later on being psychically attacked in real life.

My dream mind can be very creative and I enjoy that too which is something I do not get in my astral projections which sometimes can be boring! Emotions are also more stimulated in dreaming then during astral projection when Im just normal me (I can be quite normal in my dreams too but I just think I get extra there being more aware of my subconsciousness during dream state).

To me they are very different things in some ways and some will like one thing over the other thing for whatever reasons.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
unfortunately its possible to dream anything and one can easily dream they are mind reading other beings. In the astral it is possible for other beings to shield their thoughts etc so you may not necessarily pick those up if a being is doing that.

unfortunately for many if they want to experience a OBE rather then be just lucid dreaming and are trying to test, dreams often comply with a persons desires so this test isnt a good one as you may create a dream in which you think you are then astral and have it comply with your thoughts around this.

The best test I personally believe is trying to check out the astral of somewhere you know and then once you come out of the OBE state go to the place and see if what you did see was right. eg did your neighbour really have a green car you hadnt seen before in the driveway?

I much prefer when Im lucid dreaming over astral projection. Some people do have a preference due to experiencing these differently. eg I often get bored with my astral projections as I need to then act or be more responsible when dealing with others in the experience or it could cause real trouble eg lack of respect during one OBE had me later on being psychically attacked in real life.

My dream mind can be very creative and I enjoy that too which is something I do not get in my astral projections which sometimes can be boring! Emotions are also more stimulated in dreaming then during astral projection when Im just normal me (I can be quite normal in my dreams too but I just think I get extra there being more aware of my subconsciousness during dream state).

To me they are very different things in some ways and some will like one thing over the other thing for whatever reasons.
The idea of astral projection sounds neat, but I'm too scared to do it. I'm probably not spiritually ready. I think I once astral projected after an exhausting day at work. I pretty much flew around someone's house. It eventually turned into a weird dream. There was some people wearing weird clothes. I tried to interact with them, but they wouldn't respond coherently. I also had a physical form and I was mostly walking. It was neat how realistic things looked, but I still woke up feeling extremely weird. I think I've also astrally projected with the protection and guidance of my spirit guide.
I've noticed that when I attempted to astral project I can look around the room and listen to spirits but not actually leave my body, things look too dreamlike or my field of vision is tiny.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove

unfortunately, lucid dreaming is the same thing as projection, only awarness and method is different between them, if one lucid dreams, that person has complete control over there dream, even if they do dream and create other entities, they will be lucid and have the ability to test if these entities are real or not, just like i stated before....

just like i just said before, if a person is dreaming, not lucid dreaming, just normal dreaming, and there happens to be a entity in the dream, you wont be able to find out if its real or not....unless you relize your dreaming and it becomes a lucid dream, whith this, as i said before, there are ways to find out......

but hey, i wouldnt know right? i only been lucid dreaming almost every single night since childhood, about 20 years now i have had lucid dreams almost every single night....