Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Pathfinder

Why are all my astral projections super dreamy?

Hi guys!
I have been intensively trying to have astral projections for the past two months now and have had two of them during that time.
But both are super dreamlike and both come out of lucid dreams I had. So I am wondering what consciousness is like on the other side. Is it super dreamy or it 'realistic' like in waking life? I have had three out of body experiences, one of which felt very real but it was many years ago and I become conscious in it on accident, only towards the end. Why is my consciousness dreamy? Is it becuase I am incarnated in a human body and my soul first has to download the memories into the brain and because I am projecting from a sleep state, where I am not very conscious anyway? I was kind of expecting a very realistic experience and was very disappointed to have a dreamy consciousness like that, even though I am grateful I left my body at all.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Master

It is normal to be dreamy when you ap. At times when you ap you are not dreamy. It does not always happen. When you are dreamy get yourself alert and demand awareness now or I am alert now and keep saying it until you are very alert.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Pathfinder

But is our consciousness like this after death as well?
I always thougth AP was supposed to feel much more real than life here and not so dreamy. Maybe astral projection is dreamy, but an NDE isn't?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:21 PM
Master

Ap can feel just like physical. A lot of times it feels like I am physically in the astral but I am spiritually in the astral. I think it depends on how tired you are. If you are tired it is likely that you will feel dreamy. To overcome the problem get awareness by feeling the walls, your face or whatever and saying I am aware now.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:33 AM
Newbie ;)

It seems like there are different levels of awareness you can have while in the astral. Very dreamy all the way to very alert and your level of awareness seems to be affected by many things. Physical tiredness, level of lucidity, emotional state, and many others I have read. But one of my personal thoughts is that maybe with a NDE your spirit body is more prepared for the experience rather than with a personally induced AP, so therefore it naturally perceives the experience more cleaely. I think death is more natural than conscious astral projection so maybe our spirits accept the experience more.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Master

if its dreamy u may in fact be rather lucid dreaming esp if you came out of dream it is even more likely you could still be dreaming.

Its easy for an astral projection to start slipping to a dream state if you are tired and not really with it well.

both lucid dreaming and astral projection can feel just like the physical so one cant really tell via that either.