Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-06-2016, 02:29 AM
Experiencer
Perhaps drugs act like applying a coating to a guitar string, thus limiting its vibrational frequency, or reducing it, hence reducing ones awareness.

In other words, a guitar string in its original natural and finely tuned and taught state, when strummed gives a sound/vibration that is "perfectly pitched" for its size/length, yet if we apply a coating to the guitar string and strum it it cannot reach this perfect pitch and give its highest vibrational sound/frequency anymore until the coating is removed. So, perhaps drugs act as a coating on whatever it is that generates the rate/frequency of vibration we are at when on drugs. Then eventually they wear-off and we're back to that heightened state of awareness because we're vibrating at our original frequency again.

I mean drugs do alter consciousness, hence altered states of consciousness, are they not called mind altering, and is not the mind conscious?
Old 22-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Ascender

I tuned out of this when I was falsely accused of breaking forum rules; I didn't shut down any discussion nor did I attempt to do so. I merely offered an opinion.

I stand by what I said though; the readiness to immediately take the supernatural highway for every malady known to man goes against all common sense. Its like suggesting the common cold is really down to demonic possession. its not negating the possibility of the supernatural though just using judgement on the issue. Thankfully, established posters like Tobi & Astralsuzy understood what I said & why I said it. They didn't see it as a personal or vindictive attack. A casual browse through the death & afterlife forum would have revealed my open minded but grounded stance on matters. Instead I have to find myself defending against ill informed prejudice that surely is a violation of forum rules for an unnecessary attack on an individual merely for displaying an alternative view.
Old 23-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I tuned out of this when I was falsely accused of breaking forum rules; I didn't shut down any discussion nor did I attempt to do so. I merely offered an opinion.

I stand by what I said though; the readiness to immediately take the supernatural highway for every malady known to man goes against all common sense. Its like suggesting the common cold is really down to demonic possession. its not negating the possibility of the supernatural though just using judgement on the issue. Thankfully, established posters like Tobi & Astralsuzy understood what I said & why I said it. They didn't see it as a personal or vindictive attack. A casual browse through the death & afterlife forum would have revealed my open minded but grounded stance on matters. Instead I have to find myself defending against ill informed prejudice that surely is a violation of forum rules for an unnecessary attack on an individual merely for displaying an alternative view.

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” — Albert Einstein
Old 26-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

I like your groundness on subjects personally, its a good way to be, but not always indulged, that's part and parcel tho right? in a forum?

Don't sweat it

loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis 33 33 33
I just got out of rehab. Something another client told me in treatment was that your spirit leaves you while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and won't return to you for several days sober. Anyone have knowledge on this? Many addicts including myself describe a feeling of not being present. Could this be the absence of the spirit from the physical body?

Hi Curtis 33 33 33, I think this is a great question! I was just discussing this with a friend.

There's actually a spiritual explanation for blackouts. I will simplify my explanation as much as possible, as spiritual matters can be quite complicated.

People who use drugs or alcohol excessively are, on a spiritual level, attempting to leave their physical bodies for various reasons. Some reasons that stand out are, for example, to not deal with overwhelming emotions, or to allow themselves to access emotions that they don't know how to access in a sober state (think Angry drunks), etc.

Now, the drug/alcohol are tools for this purpose because the person has not developed a different, sober tool to use. That's all. Each and everyone of us exudes a frequency or vibration at all times. When we are happy, its a higher vibration, when we are sad, it's a lower vibration, etc.

The drugs/alcohol allow the person to escape the lower vibrations. The drugs/alcohol let the person check out for a while. Hence, the blackouts. Now, who checks in when the person checks out? Not sure, it's hard to say, depending upon circumstances, environments, etc. The person who owns the body is somewhere, recovering from this difficult experience called Life.

But at some point, one has to accept this decision to own this body 100%. With all its emotions and responsibilities. Once that decision is accepted, the person is on the road to recovery, permanently. Prior to this, it's a hit-and-miss if they will stay sober or find better tools to stay in the body. Most success stories find better outlets to stay in the body, like meditation, exercise, etc. which are all activities that require the person to utilize and improve their connection with the PHYSICAL body.

The bottom line is once a person discovers, explores and accepts ALL emotions, good, bad and ugly, in a sober, conscientious state, it's all a cakewalk after that!

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella