Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 14-04-2011, 04:04 PM
mashpashable

Can any crystal/stone be used for any purpose?

Can any crystal or stone be used for any purpose? I have a couple that were given to me but I'm unsure of what type they are and how to use them. I was told that I should cleanse them and that I can use them for whatever purpose I'd like but that each crystal or stone has it's own healing ability and would work best if used for it's original healing ability. I know one of the stones is jasper. I have an amethyst necklace and I also have a necklace with turquoise, quartz and what looks to be jasper..any thoughts, advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 14-04-2011, 04:11 PM
star-child

First I would cleanse them by either washing them in water, imagining white light pouring into them or placing in your garden (in contact with the earth) or all of them.

Then use your intuition and note on paper how each crystal makes you feel and whether you would like to place them on certain chakras. There are so many sources of information that say 'this crystal is good for this' but your intuition is the best way to tell you which crystal is good for you and what they will help you with.

So in answer to your question, IMO, yes they can be.
Old 14-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Lady Valkyrie

Yes, you can programme stones for different purposes, but stones which are not essentially a "blank canvas" and which carry their own initial "programme" will colour your intentions with their own vibration as well.

Clear quartz is the ultimate blank canvas; rose quartz and amethyst come close and are very versatile stones.

Jasper will colour your intentions with a powerful manifesting ability bringing your programme to life speedily, so (it's a cliche but...) be careful what you wish for. It is also a grounding stone so will help you notice opportunities in the physical plane to follow through on your intentions.

Turquoise will colour your intentions with the ability to communicate well and speak your truth. It is also a stone of angelic connection.

To programme a crystal, do the above cleansing and charging as described by star-child. Then dedicate the crystal to love and light with whatever words you choose. Finally, hold it to your heart and focus on a very clear phrase which is the programme you particularly want it to take on. When the programme has worked or your intentions have changed, repeat the cleansing and charging before using it again for another purpose.

Hope this helps.
Old 16-04-2011, 01:07 AM
surrendertotheflow

Old 16-04-2011, 01:57 AM
mashpashable

Yes, thank you both! star-child -I feel strongly about one of my crystals..it was given to me by my aunt and I'm unsure of the name but I get great vibes from it and feel the strongest connection to it. I feel like it suits me well..almost like it holds great power to help me enhance the positive in myself, the things I love about myself, my true self. It's rather large, shaped like a pyramid and I kind of wish it wasn't so big so I could wear it on a necklace! Lady Valkyrie- That's so cool that you said to hold it close to my heart after cleansing because that's exactly what I would think to do..seems to feel right. I'm new to crystals and stones but I think I'm going to fall in love with them in no time! Thanks again!
Old 19-04-2011, 04:02 PM
LaurenAus

is it necessary to program for specific uses?
Old 19-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Thirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie
Yes, you can programme stones for different purposes, but stones which are not essentially a "blank canvas" and which carry their own initial "programme" will colour your intentions with their own vibration as well.

Clear quartz is the ultimate blank canvas; rose quartz and amethyst come close and are very versatile stones.

Jasper will colour your intentions with a powerful manifesting ability bringing your programme to life speedily, so (it's a cliche but...) be careful what you wish for. It is also a grounding stone so will help you notice opportunities in the physical plane to follow through on your intentions.

Turquoise will colour your intentions with the ability to communicate well and speak your truth. It is also a stone of angelic connection.

To programme a crystal, do the above cleansing and charging as described by star-child. Then dedicate the crystal to love and light with whatever words you choose. Finally, hold it to your heart and focus on a very clear phrase which is the programme you particularly want it to take on. When the programme has worked or your intentions have changed, repeat the cleansing and charging before using it again for another purpose.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this Lady Valkyrie!! Something I was looking for.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAus
is it necessary to program for specific uses?

No, you are better listening to the stone and finding out what it wants to work on with you rather than try to force it to do something else.

The stones have come to you for a reason, learn what that reason is.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:27 PM
LaurenAus

shoot. I bought my labradorite because I thought it would help me connect with my guides so I tried to program it to do that.
Old 19-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Sungirl

ah but... is it possible that it might do that anyway

Spend some time with it, meditate with it, and see where it leads you.

Why were you drawn to it? What made you choose labradorite? It's not a case of thinking you have the wrong crystal, it's more a case of working out why it is the right crystal