Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 16-04-2011, 04:04 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel

Saw the word Lizard in my mind then immediately saw a light green lizard. At this point I felta crystal resting on my forehead although there wasn't one physically there. Maybe Iolite? Whatever it was, I absorbed the crystal and it's energies.

kind of off topic, but my name for spiritual forums comes from a song by phish, called lizards. pretty crazy song, but there is a spiritual message there. just thought i would share!

peace, love, and light
Old 16-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Moonkestrel

First of all hope you're too sick little ones get better - sending love and light over for them. Hope they get better soon.

And nope don't think you're way off at all - I think you're spot on! Shapeshifting for me is at the moment mostly related to the spiritual changes I am experiencing...but I also think it's about using animal characteristics and taking on their personas in certain situations...for example, one of my guides is a hedgehog and we all know they roll up in a ball and show their spines to deter predators...well I use this behaviour if I am ever say, walking home alone (not that I do that often), if I feel threatened in the city where I work or even if I feel unwanted energies coming my way. I visualise myself putting my spines up and becoming invisible to whatever I want to avoid...so I go unoticed and whatever it is passes me by. That's just one example but hope it makes sense? So, Lizard, for me and maybe for you too maybe all about the transformation and opening of our third eye...he may also be saying that we need to let go of a certain aspect of ourselves or a particular pattern of behaviour (like he detaches his tail if necessary)....He is also saying to pay attention to our dreams - which is funny because I have been having wild dreams recently...I never remember them but always end up having a fight with the bed sheets so that they are all over the place when I wake up! (much to my other half's annoyance ). So, Lizard seems to be related to the third eye because he represents dreamtime....

I find it really useful to study the behaviour of the animal in question, look at pictures of it, explore it's habitat.....you think you are learning lots about the animal itself but what you always find is that you are reading about some part of yourself that you either need to discard or develop. The challange is knowing which to do when Might also be worth looking at the prey of Lizard and Fox as it's interesting to explore whether they have any relevance...

Thanks Earthmamma - this is a very interesting discussion and it's certainly making me think

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
Hello, Moonkestrel!

I'm stopping by at nearly midnight (because I have two sick little guys who keep waking) to let you know I'd be responding to your lovely post...

Also, before I headed back to bed, I wanted to pull up the symbology for 'ship' as I started to remember more of a dream I had last night (I think?) and accidentally (yeah, right! ) came across this while scrolling down the list:

Shape Shifting
*Please see Metamorphosis, Morph or Zoomorphism.

Well, I'm not sure if this will resonate with you or not, but because of what I see above, it made me realize that Fox, or Lizard or any other creature that specifically brings the gift of shapeshifting, may in other words, be assisting in a metamorphosis or transformation!

I'm not sure about you, but I've been getting butterflies also & of course they are symbolic & actually go thru metamorphosis...

And taking this a step further, I liked how you made a distinction between Fox & Lizard in terms of their types of energy ... What chakras/energies you feel they are mostly associated with...

So what I'm getting at is that in making this connection of 'shapeshifting' being not so literal in terms of the physical, I think it's symbolic of 'transformation' -- and in the particular area of life, or in area that would be linked to a certain chakra..

Lizard would then be possibly symbolic of transformation of the 3rd eye...

Wow I may be way off.. I'm dilerious with fatigue!
Old 16-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy
When I use my crystals I feel my third eye clearing. I have had some really weird experiences like I can see weird faces sometimes almost like my Spirit Guide or people who have passed. I love my crystals and don't think I could have got through certain things without them!!!!!

Hi Sindy,

Sounds interesting....do you know who they are - do they give you messages?

Re crystals, I know EXACTLY how you feel...would certainly be a duller world without them
Old 17-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Master
Hi, Moonkestrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
First of all hope you're too sick little ones get better - sending love and light over for them. Hope they get better soon.

Aw.. You are so sweet.. Thank you so much.. The really need it . They are like little slugs on the couch watching the animated 'Last Avatar' which seems to be distracting them from their condition...

And nope don't think you're way off at all - I think you're spot on! Shapeshifting for me is at the moment mostly related to the spiritual changes I am experiencing...

I really wondered if what I wrote would make sense later on in the day lol! It does seem to make sense in light of your changes (mine included)...

but I also think it's about using animal characteristics and taking on their personas in certain situations...for example, one of my guides is a hedgehog and we all know they roll up in a ball and show their spines to deter predators...well I use this behaviour if I am ever say, walking home alone (not that I do that often), if I feel threatened in the city where I work or even if I feel unwanted energies coming my way. I visualise myself putting my spines up and becoming invisible to whatever I want to avoid...so I go unoticed and whatever it is passes me by. That's just one example but hope it makes sense?

Absolutely makes sense! And thank you for sharing your experience with this..

I had started to really wonder how to make USE of Lizard & Fox's energies...

I feel I've finally come to understand why they are here for me and it has to do with how I've been feeling a the Kindergarten yard when I pick up & drop off my son... I've actually described it as feeling like the othe mom's are looking at me like I have a 3rd eye on my head (WHOA! didn't even realize what I was saying there... That's a Lizard reference now isn't it! )....

I think Lizard and Fox are here to help me not feel like I'm standing out.. To help me camoflage myself and feel more comfortable...

I wondered about ME 'creating' this scenario (and thus be responsible for all other's reactions towards me) and why I would need this 'protection'...

But I suppose as you illustrated, you can be in danger at times... Even if you created the situation, it would be out of ignorance as no one wants to be hurt or suffer... So at times it makes sense that we need to be protected from our own creating & I suppose that's why totems come to our aid (not really sure if that made sense)..

And in my case, I don't think some of the moms have the best of intentions (because I'm not affluent) so they have snubbed me, aren't interested in getting to know me, staring at me... etc...

Gosh, sorry to go on like that, but what I'm trying to get at is I was wondering if when a totem appears, do we use their energy more metaphysically -- as you describe -- or are they a messenger to say "Cam... Don't wear black.. Change your clothes so you don't stick out so much" LOL!! Sounds ridiculous I know..

You have helped me see that I can in fact use visualizing to tap into that energy but what do you think about the more physical aspects of using Lizards energy... Is that part of using their medicine??

So, Lizard, for me and maybe for you too maybe all about the transformation and opening of our third eye...

It seems like it, but I'm not so sure about me (?)... I think it's pretty clear your 3rd eye is being strengthened/opened more.. For me, I think Lizzy is just here to help comfort me w/my emotional issues.... But I could be wrong..

he may also be saying that we need to let go of a certain aspect of ourselves or a particular pattern of behaviour (like he detaches his tail if necessary)....

I'm definitely open to this... That aspect for me, would probably be control & fear... Really rare things for humans to experience, huh? LOL!

He is also saying to pay attention to our dreams -

Yes... This makes a LOT of sense!

which is funny because I have been having wild dreams recently...I never remember them but always end up having a fight with the bed sheets so that they are all over the place when I wake up! (much to my other half's annoyance ). So, Lizard seems to be related to the third eye because he represents dreamtime....

Wow, those are wild dreams!! You don't recall anything?? Do you want to?? They say that if you affirm to yourself -- make it your intent to remember -- that you will... I can't say I've actually tried that, but now I might!

My dreams have been not so much craaazy (like most of my clearing dreams that I've seemed to run low on these days) but lately they have been more symbolic of what I'm going thru & where I am in my journey... It seems (per my YourSpace notes) that I'm in the process of balancing ....My masculine/feminine, my consciousness/subconsciousness.... Starting to accept my Whole Self.....

And they have messages the reflect my need for releasing control.... My insecurities..

I find it really useful to study the behaviour of the animal in question, look at pictures of it, explore it's habitat.....you think you are learning lots about the animal itself but what you always find is that you are reading about some part of yourself that you either need to discard or develop.

I love how you put that..... And I agree... Very insightful, Moon..

The challange is knowing which to do when

No Kidding! LOL!

Might also be worth looking at the prey of Lizard and Fox as it's interesting to explore whether they have any relevance...

Oo! I like that idea & it makes sense there would be some connection as all things are connected... Off the top of my head I'm not sure what to look for tho'.. How would you look at their prey to ascertain some relevance (sorry, I'm still tired...)

Thanks Earthmamma - this is a very interesting discussion and it's certainly making me think

You're so very welcome... I am blessed by your sharing as well & I too am doing a lot of thinking and meditating on these things!

Thank you again for sharing... I look forward to reading more about your journey in the coming days..... Hope you don't mind my questions...Answer at your will and whenver you have time...

Love, Cam/EM
Old 18-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Moonkestrel

I've actually described it as feeling like the othe mom's are looking at me like I have a 3rd eye on my head (WHOA! didn't even realize what I was saying there... That's a Lizard reference now isn't it! )....

LOL

Gosh, sorry to go on like that, but what I'm trying to get at is I was wondering if when a totem appears, do we use their energy more metaphysically -- as you describe -- or are they a messenger to say "Cam... Don't wear black.. Change your clothes so you don't stick out so much" LOL!! Sounds ridiculous I know..

Absolutely right and not ridiculous at all - trust your intuition! Totems can appear for all manner of reasons, metaphysical (as they tend to do with me at the moment) or as a more 'eartly' message such as "Change your clothes today" (lol). (However, doubt any totem would tell you to alter the way you want to look just to avoid the judgements of others ). Think it's a great idea to ask for Lizard's help in a more practical way - what are you thinking of? (kind of like I use Hedgehog to help me protect myself when walking home in the evening?). I use Hawk (one of my main totems) at work a lot to help me get a hawk's eye view of what I am working on - not letting myself get too enmeshed in the situation. He could also say one day - 'For goodness sake, watch where you are going or you will step in something none too pleasant . Well not exactly I hope but you get what I mean!

Wow, those are wild dreams!! You don't recall anything?? Do you want to?? They say that if you affirm to yourself -- make it your intent to remember -- that you will... I can't say I've actually tried that, but now I might!

Nope, never remember a thing (except a recent sad dream about my Gran who passed away years ago.). May try the affirmation...I always keep a pad and pen by my bed but even before my hand touches the pen I forget what I was goinmg to write down..lol. Will give the affirmation/intent a go, let me know if you do too as would be interesting to compare notes.

Might also be worth looking at the prey of Lizard and Fox as it's interesting to explore whether they have any relevance...

Oo! I like that idea & it makes sense there would be some connection as all things are connected... Off the top of my head I'm not sure what to look for tho'.. How would you look at their prey to ascertain some relevance (sorry, I'm still tired...)

Look at the prey animal as a totem in their own right, see what they represent and what their behaviour is and see if you can relate it to yourself - for example, I always used to go for the same type of characteristics when looking for a partner - and always ended up in unhappy relationships where which, if I had carried on for much longer I would have become a real 'victim'. I look back and saw myself as their 'prey' BUT realised that I was my own prey because I created (rather than avoided) those situations for myself. So, maybe your totems prey animal if it has one is representative of that which you need to release (or that which you need to develop - here we go again ). So, just off the top of my head, think of the Fox who eats rabbits. Maybe the rabbit represents that you can be timid in certain situations and, when Fox turns up that timid part of yourself needs to stand up and be strong, fight back? Not sure as only just exploring this aspect of totems myself, but it's interesting to think that totem and it's prey are two halves of the same.

Thank you again for sharing... I look forward to reading more about your journey in the coming days..... Hope you don't mind my questions

My pleasure and thanks to you - it is really interesting to discuss things like this. And no problem at all re any questions, am always happy to help in whatever (allbeit) small way.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:43 PM
CJ82Sky

very interesting - thank you both moonkestrel and earth mamma for sharing!
Old 19-04-2011, 02:47 PM
CJ82Sky

hmm im not sure that i'd call it shapeshifting what i have felt, but there have been times that my reaction to things/situations is absolutely animal. i growl when angered or threatened, and sometimes when im hungry and see deer or cows i just want to bite into the flesh - clearly (for me) memories of life as a wolf, who is also one of my main guides this life. i can feel how they run, move, stalk, hunt, kill, etc.

occasionally i can also feel equine movement - since i was a small child i knew the footfall of all of the gaits by heart and knew what certain feelings of theirs are like - though not as close/in depth or intense as the wolf feelings.

this is such a great thread!