Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-08-2011, 02:03 AM
angel6m2000

I meant how haha. I know that you can be aware while projecting I just don't know how people can recall their experiences in the astral. They all seem so beautiful.
Old 24-08-2011, 05:11 AM
River Morrison

First of all, do you understand what sleep paralysis is from a scientific point of view? When we sleep, our body releases chemicals which paralyze our muscles. Otherwise, we would act out all of our dreams and could really injure ourselves.

Sometimes, we awaken while this paralysis is still in effect.

Now to ancient man, sleep paralysis was scary as ****. There is a long running mythology about it. They thought a demon was on their chest, crushing them. I myself, have experienced sleep paralysis several times, and sometimes, I do feel a VERY evil presense in the room, and sometimes it feels like a force is squishing me.

But I think these are hallucinations of a half-awake mind. I really don't think there is anything paranormal about sleep paralysis, even though it is a trippy experience.
Old 24-08-2011, 07:00 AM
thunderseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000
Can someone explain astral awareness? I tend to have episodes every couple months where I get sleep paralysis and while at first I didn't know what was going on I now know how to wake myself from this. It's a strange experience and want to know more about it.

When we sleep, or enter different stages of sleep and dream patterns, our astral bodies always exit our physical bodies and go into the astral realms. This happens whether or not you remember it, or are aware of it. In light sleeps, our astral bodies can be still connected to us, but in deep sleeps, we can be far across realms.
Lucid dreaming, simply means being awake while dreaming, which means being aware (awake) throughout the experience of astral travel. Lucidity can be achieved by falling asleep awake (WILD), or by waking up in a dream.
Out of body experience / Astral Travel / Astral Projection, are exactly the same thing, except for the falling asleep process happens rapidly, thus can be achieved when one is fully awake, anywhere.

The whole process of OBE is basically the body falling asleep on you, while you remain awake. The vibrations and odd physical sensations are also induced by the body and brain functions falling into a sleep state, (as we are not normally awake to experience this) as well as our consciousness expanding into the astral body.

So, sleep paralysis is all entwined with being out of body. Basically, what sleep paralysis is: it is being awake and aware while the body is asleep. This is natural and happens all the time. We are always in a state of sleep paralysis, but we are just not aware of it and awake to experience it.

That's why sleep paralysis is the exact same thing as OBE, or Lucid Dreaming.
Dream states are just odd. Sleep paralysis is famous for being lucid and in dream fiction at the same time, what happens, is people move from awareness to non awareness, that state can switch back and forth or even exist at the same time. Subconscious fears are known to famously come up easily during this very vulnerable state, and can really mess up the reality of what is really happening. It scares people to death, therefore so many reports of negative experiences, when those experiences are most times self conjured.
It is important to relax. Sleep paralysis happens the same as lucid dreaming happens, like a trigger symbol in a dream wakes the person up rapidly, that sudden realization which comes from many things that we know we are just dreaming, or a visitation from spirit, whatever the many causes the person becomes alert and aware, fully becoming awake. Most times sleep paralysis even starts out as a lucid dream, giving the person a shock of the senses, and then the person wakes up into the paralysis, and then fades in and out of the lucid dream again. There are also times the paralysis happens by itself. It happens too, if a person's astral body is trying to leave. Sometimes some issues happen in the process, sometimes you just wake up in the middle of it. If relaxed, and telling yourself it is okay to stick through with it, you can easily obtain astral travel through sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis can also be annoying, plain and simple, because of the lack of warning (and lack of sleep) of being suddenly pushed into a state of vulnerability, it induces emotional and physical shock or disassociation on the body and mind, causing the muscles to tense, anxiety, fear. The best way to stop sleep paralysis, is going to bed with positive affirmations, having read positive books, or watching happy movies, and stating intentions of having a peaceful restful and undisturbed sleep. Intention does it all. Sleep paralysis also happens to latch on for a long time, thus after having an episode, stay awake until completely awake before falling back asleep.
But it can be a great tool to use, with relaxation, to get into drifting (ap).
Old 24-08-2011, 08:15 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Morrison
First of all, do you understand what sleep paralysis is from a scientific point of view? When we sleep, our body releases chemicals which paralyze our muscles. Otherwise, we would act out all of our dreams and could really injure ourselves.

Name the chemicals, if you don't mind.

It's funny, because they're only able to detect brain activity and not the actual chemicals being released in the brain (if there are any). It's a scientific conjecture.
Old 24-08-2011, 11:28 PM
angel6m2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderseed
When we sleep, or enter different stages of sleep and dream patterns, our astral bodies always exit our physical bodies and go into the astral realms. This happens whether or not you remember it, or are aware of it. In light sleeps, our astral bodies can be still connected to us, but in deep sleeps, we can be far across realms.
Lucid dreaming, simply means being awake while dreaming, which means being aware (awake) throughout the experience of astral travel. Lucidity can be achieved by falling asleep awake (WILD), or by waking up in a dream.
Out of body experience / Astral Travel / Astral Projection, are exactly the same thing, except for the falling asleep process happens rapidly, thus can be achieved when one is fully awake, anywhere.

The whole process of OBE is basically the body falling asleep on you, while you remain awake. The vibrations and odd physical sensations are also induced by the body and brain functions falling into a sleep state, (as we are not normally awake to experience this) as well as our consciousness expanding into the astral body.

So, sleep paralysis is all entwined with being out of body. Basically, what sleep paralysis is: it is being awake and aware while the body is asleep. This is natural and happens all the time. We are always in a state of sleep paralysis, but we are just not aware of it and awake to experience it.

That's why sleep paralysis is the exact same thing as OBE, or Lucid Dreaming.
Dream states are just odd. Sleep paralysis is famous for being lucid and in dream fiction at the same time, what happens, is people move from awareness to non awareness, that state can switch back and forth or even exist at the same time. Subconscious fears are known to famously come up easily during this very vulnerable state, and can really mess up the reality of what is really happening. It scares people to death, therefore so many reports of negative experiences, when those experiences are most times self conjured.
It is important to relax. Sleep paralysis happens the same as lucid dreaming happens, like a trigger symbol in a dream wakes the person up rapidly, that sudden realization which comes from many things that we know we are just dreaming, or a visitation from spirit, whatever the many causes the person becomes alert and aware, fully becoming awake. Most times sleep paralysis even starts out as a lucid dream, giving the person a shock of the senses, and then the person wakes up into the paralysis, and then fades in and out of the lucid dream again. There are also times the paralysis happens by itself. It happens too, if a person's astral body is trying to leave. Sometimes some issues happen in the process, sometimes you just wake up in the middle of it. If relaxed, and telling yourself it is okay to stick through with it, you can easily obtain astral travel through sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis can also be annoying, plain and simple, because of the lack of warning (and lack of sleep) of being suddenly pushed into a state of vulnerability, it induces emotional and physical shock or disassociation on the body and mind, causing the muscles to tense, anxiety, fear. The best way to stop sleep paralysis, is going to bed with positive affirmations, having read positive books, or watching happy movies, and stating intentions of having a peaceful restful and undisturbed sleep. Intention does it all. Sleep paralysis also happens to latch on for a long time, thus after having an episode, stay awake until completely awake before falling back asleep.
But it can be a great tool to use, with relaxation, to get into drifting (ap).

If that's really the case, I've had many OOBE's. I never remember one though. Although I remember my dreams, but it's hard to say that they are all in some way, real.

Thank you btw.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:56 AM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000
If that's really the case, I've had many OOBE's. I never remember one though. Although I remember my dreams, but it's hard to say that they are all in some way, real.

Thank you btw.

Do you mind sharing some of the dreams you've had accompanied with sleep paralysis.
Old 25-08-2011, 08:09 PM
River Morrison

I don't know the name of the chemical. I saw it on a documentary once. But there probably is a physical reason for it, rather than paranormal. But during sleep we do move around, but during sleep paralysis, we are literally frozen.

Here is an interesting little interview of a doctor who has researched sleep paralysis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDpA0MJx780 He describes it really well. I've felt most of the things he felt.
Old 25-08-2011, 09:04 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Morrison
I don't know the name of the chemical. I saw it on a documentary once. But there probably is a physical reason for it, rather than paranormal. But during sleep we do move around, but during sleep paralysis, we are literally frozen.

Here is an interesting little interview of a doctor who has researched sleep paralysis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDpA0MJx780 He describes it really well. I've felt most of the things he felt.

I've seen this before, and many other videos on it. Like I said, they can only detect brain activity, and there is no evidence for any chemicals being released causing atonicity. They still don't know what it sleep paralysis really is, or even dreams for that matter. There is a lot we don't know about the human brain.
The "chemical release" causing it, is just a scientific theory.

Whether it is physical or paranormal, you can use it as opportunity to astral project. While consciously projecting, you will come across the exact same beings encountered during sleep paralysis.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:59 PM
angel6m2000

Well this actually happened last night. I was asleep for about an hour. Then I woke from a dream, but didn't actually wake up. I realized I was having sleep paralysis, and tried to remain calm. My astral body kept moving around trying to fall back asleep, I thought it was me, but kept getting sucked back into my physical body. I got "sucked back" about 3 times before something outrageous happened. I turned over, and saw a huge white dog sitting down facing my closet. I was not in my room. It shocked me and so I turned over and put my hand on my mouth (astrally) and was like omg was that real? I knew it wasn't harmful because I just got done calling for only my spirit guides and angels to be there. I woke up completely about a minute or so later (i think) and laid in my bed for like 5 minutes thinking about what had just happened. It was the most bizarre experience I had ever had. I felt like I had jet lag or something, like I was completely disoriented for a second, even though I knew where I was. I knew this dog was my gatekeeper.

Also, when I called for my spirit guides and angels, I saw 5 colored orbs floating in a circle around me, with my being part of the circle, and I knew these were my guides.

Alot more happened that I can't even begin to explain. I couldn't tell you how long this lasted as while I was trying to project time was completely irrelevant. But now I know SOOO much more about my spiritual self and how to astral project, I might be willing to try it more.
Old 26-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Master
angel... There are techniques for developing better recall of our dream and out of body experiences.

* One is to keep a dream journal by your bed, and whatever bits of image or feeling you remember, briefly jot them down before going back to sleep or getting up. This trains your subconscious mind to remember more.

* When you're going to sleep or into ap affirm over and over something like, "I easily remember my dreams".

* I find this technique very effective: When you first begin to wake up, don't move... especially Don't Move Your Head... until you've begun to remember some fragments at least, then note them in your journal.

Xan