Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I am wondering why does it seem so important to feel like someone will save you? Being god, or some religious figure. I also wonder why some people seem to wait for or depend on someone to swoop in there lives and save them when everything you need comes from within.

Because we are all designed as unique pieces of a greater puzzle and our human needs and desires seek outside of ourselves to source those human needs. The feelings of being incomplete within often seek outside to build those feelings. We project ourselves into life to gain something.At the spiritual level of awareness, yes we find ourselves going within to resolve this puzzle deeper beyond human design. Some get caught up in the idea everything is outside of themselves, to fulfill the mind/body capacity. Once aware they can resolve from within and without as one source aligned it reveals how they can save themselves in various ways. We need each other, but in helping yourself you can be less enabled and more empowered with other life. It all works through the design of life as one. Starving children need help outside if themselves to survive and thrive. It’s not one size fits all world. The world is everything created. Some people do need help to be saved. Some people do need others to change their lives. Change their ideas about themselves. Understanding the difference between enabling and empowering the self goes a long way.
Old 30-10-2019, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
I am wondering why does it seem so important to feel like someone will save you? Being god, or some religious figure. I also wonder why some people seem to wait for or depend on someone to swoop in there lives and save them when everything you need comes from within.
I got saved when I was about 8-9 years old.

My saviour was a life guard.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-10-2019, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
When someone has no chance (like being terminally ill or disabled) and is totally desperate, it's only natural that they turn their attention towards something higher. Not that any deity would help them in the first place, but powerlessness is unfortunately a real thing.
I know very well what your saying but because of my job I see people like you mentioned do some wonderful things. Most don't really understand who religious figures are. But with some help they buy there own will succeed. Just recently there was there was a lady of right mind who was terminally ill she was in rough shape. Then seemingly out of nowhere she started to walk, do more for herself and improve. She will be going home soon. You know why? She simply got sick of being there. She was done with it and wanted to go home. That's what I mean what you need is already there. Sometimes you just have to dig for it. She didn't do it alone she got help, but she saved herself.
Old 30-10-2019, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I got saved when I was about 8-9 years old.

My saviour was a life guard.
angles are everywhere! Why not be someone's angle?
Old 30-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Master
Was a repost
Old 30-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
In a religious context it comes from the control mechanism of Christianity where believers were told that God would deliver them from evil, sinners all for having been born in the first place and only God could provide salvation. For others the lack of self esteem that comes from their self-perceptions means that they look externally for answers or a 'deliverance from their 'bondage'.

I wonder how many people think Spirituality can save them, and from what.

One of the reasons people don't look within is their own self-perceptions, often it's not easy to have healthy perceptions of yourself when your personal history has been a long way from perfection. When people feel broken they can see themselves as the last person that's going to help them. Often when people express this kind of sentiment there are some pretty deep-rooted issues that can start in childhood and carry on through adult life, and it's not a very nice place to be. For me, this is the Spirituality beyond the ideologies and the theologies.
I agree to the first 2 paragraphs. For the last one, as we experience life we all get some battle wounds along the way physical or emotional. If you don't you didn't live. I agree it's hard to let go of some of those but the strength comes from within
Old 30-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Master

From my own perspective, we are stuck in matter and long for escape to the realm of spirit.

If you think back to the last time you had a really vivid dream, where you were flying or floating around, that was you in spirit. Remember, how free and happy you felt, free of your material prison and your everyday worries and concerns. You probably didn't even remember this life you're living, you were just "You" without all the insecurities and bonds that tie you down in this life.

That is the state we all wish to return to and remember it instinctively, since we existed in spirit before this incarnation. This is also where the longing for Death, the so-called Death Wish comes from.

There are different levels, or densities of the Spirit World, and we of course would like to go to the highest possible one, which we collectively refer to as heaven, or the realm of the gods, depending on cultural and religious background. Based on stories that have been passed on for millennia, we are subconsciously aware, that beings who inhabit these higher realms have the capacity to lift us out of our material misery and into heaven, which we refer to as ascension. Deep in our hearts we all long to be saved and to be lifted up into this higher reality, which we instinctively know is real, but cannot prove through empirical means. That is the basis of most religions and spiritual traditions.
Old 30-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I agree to the first 2 paragraphs. For the last one, as we experience life we all get some battle wounds along the way physical or emotional. If you don't you didn't live. I agree it's hard to let go of some of those but the strength comes from within
Yes the strength does come from within and sometimes you can help people find their own strength, and sometimes not. It depends on the person. I don't think that's the answer though, the answer for me lies more in the interaction. What do you take from an interaction with someone who is convinced that they need someone to save them? Or if you save somebody? What do you feel for them?Do you take everything at face value or do you see a person with a sad personal history that can't find their own way out?
Old 30-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Yes the strength does come from within and sometimes you can help people find their own strength, and sometimes not. It depends on the person. I don't think that's the answer though, the answer for me lies more in the interaction. What do you take from an interaction with someone who is convinced that they need someone to save them? Or if you save somebody? What do you feel for them?Do you take everything at face value or do you see a person with a sad personal history that can't find their own way out?
I see both, I see x at face value, poke it with a stick and run with whatever comes out. I do it for a living. I work with different types of disabilitys. I don't think of me saving people I help them be the best they can. You have to see the issue at face value and look past the face to get to the heart of the issue. There's only 2 things you can't do. Put your elbow in your ear or in your eyes. Otherwise can't is really, I don't want to. By saying I don't want to at least you're being honest with yourself.
Old 30-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I see both, I see x at face value, poke it with a stick and run with whatever comes out. I do it for a living. I work with different types of disabilitys. I don't think of me saving people I help them be the best they can. You have to see the issue at face value and look past the face to get to the heart of the issue. There's only 2 things you can't do. Put your elbow in your ear or in your eyes. Otherwise can't is really, I don't want to. By saying I don't want to at least you're being honest with yourself.
I'm a trainer/asessor by trade and have spent most of that time either in mental health or working with long-term unemployed who perceived themselves as the 'bottom of the pile'. I never thought of myself as saving anyone, it was a job but that all changed when someone pointed out the differences I was making to people's Lives. While saving people can sound pretentious it can also help by framing things within a context and make sense of it all. It was taking people from what they perceived as the scrapheap of Life and changing their self perceptions for something more constructive, not just telling them that they were capable but having them believe that they had the potential and could do something with it.

I saw myself reflected in those people in so many ways because I had been there, it gave me empathy and sympathy for their predicaments at so many levels. For me this is the 'real' Spirituality, the deeper connections with myself and others and away from ideologies and theologies.

It takes a brave Soul to agree to despair and needing to be saved as a Life experience, if you believe in Life's Purpose or Karmic Obligations.