Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Memories to us happen because we have a linear sense of time, but to Spirit all of time is happening all of the time, and all of time affects all of time all of the time. And yes, it does go into the realms of science but there is Spirituality to correlate.
What you posted above, was posted by a human whom has a perspective of time.

Time is nothing but a subjective measurement. All measurements are judgments, and all judgments are subjective. This is the hard problem with science. We perceive the measurement of time to be objective, because we observe/witness the sun going down and up. in this context, observing/witnessing in a spiritual context can be misleading.

The major obstacle to spirituality and to our unconscious, subconscious and conscious "minds" that needs to be negated and transcended is our internal perspective/perception of time.

A lot of our thoughts and duality arises out of our perception/perspective of time. Talking about oneness, duality, non-duality, consciousness, awareness etc etc in a spiritual context, is self defeating, when talked about within the perception/perspective of time.

True maya and illusion that is not real/that does not exist as brahman/source is our personal subjective perception/perspective of time. All of the time- the past, present, and future is NOW. This is why is makes sense that the ahamkara is the I maker of time. The I makes/creates time by having a perspective of time. The mind having a perspective of time, is what perceives time.

I am not say that we should not use time to function in society, as society is based on time, and we have no control over it, it IS just what it IS, and it has no control over me.
Old 23-05-2022, 12:35 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
All of the time- the past, present, and future is NOW.
The Now is one of Tolle's 'inventions' and it has nothing to do with time. If you like we can discuss the psychology of what he calls The Now because in essence, that's what it is. It's a denial of the Shadow Self and what it 'contains' and frankly, since the self is a self-regulating system, denying the 'contents' of the Shadow Self means an unbalanced self. It's a really bad idea, frankly, because it causes one's 'sense of self' or ego/Ahamkara to become skewed. Since the ego is our 'interface' between our internal and external realities, our internal realities also become unbalanced and therefore what 'processes' our Spirituality is also skewed. In a nutshell, it's a mess.

What Tolle doesn't tell you and few Spiritual people seem to want to understand is that without a sense of time, The Now is meaningless. The Now is as much of an 'invented thing' as time is. What Tolle also won't tell you is that without an ego there is no perception/experience of The Now. Tolle has a Spiritual mainstream definition of the ego which frankly doesn't help, but then he is playing to a target audience after all. He also doesn't take his own advice when he talks about his past. I'd also bet that he's got a pension fund.

As Richard Tegmark said, "We have a perception of what we call time" and perception is reality.

There is no witness to perceive the sun going down, since that 'witness' is the ego/Ahamkara. Ahamkara is not the I-maker of time, Aham is Sanskrit for 'I' and a kara is an 'invented thing' or a 'thing' of perceptual reality. So in that sense, yes time is an 'invented' thing. But then, everything you perceive yourself to be is equally 'invented'.

So you don't exist? You perceive me after your own fashion, don't I exist?

I'm comfortable with my sense of time because it's easy and convenient, frankly, and I don't derive anything by having contradictory beliefs and perceptions. I also understand what insights and realisations comes from it, and in that context it becomes a useful 'tool'. I also know that from a non-human perception time/something we call time does indeed exist, but that given the consciousness we can 'navigate' it - as I have done on occasion.

As science says, "All of time is happening all of the time, and all of time affects all of time all of the time." That's in agreement with Spirit's perceptions of time and since Spirit's consciousness is beyond yours, mine and Tolle's you'll excuse me if I stick with what I said originally. 'Something' exists, our capacity to explain it doesn't seem to.
Old 24-05-2022, 10:10 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Do We Choose our Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/tJxL4s4cI8s

I was vehemently against determinism before I understood how true it is on the relative level of reality.
Old 25-05-2022, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Resolving...
... is Isness.
Thanks, the first set of questions you ask me, I ask the entire universe/god every single day.

The second set of questions: consciousness CANNOT SEPERATE FROM ITSELF. Vibration is not seperate from itself. The upside of the wave is not seperate from the lowside of the wave. Form is thus not seperate from itself. Other than self is thus not seperate from self. The formlessness of the consciousness is the creator of forms of consciousness. They are inseperable.

And yet, here we are talking about forms, as if they exist unto themselves, as seperate from the "formless" consciousness. How is that possible?

I can only GUESS, that the reason this is possible, to my highest/deepest/broadest experiential knowledge, is because consciousness, as all and one, is alone... And is not accompanied by anything or any one other than self. Meaning, it is not accompanied by or subject to ANY LIMITATION WHATSOEVER. Meaning, it's capacity to vibrate is INFINITE. It is so infinite, that it can INSTANTLY recreate an entire universe, with zero effort.

Now here is the problem, with this praising of vibration/duality as all being part of the same one limitless being/isness/consciousness. Because we Praise this Creating of the Creator of the One and All. That I AM. That creates vibrationally. And enjoys every bit of creation/vibration/contrast/experience/dream. And then all of that goodness turns bad... Why? Because it is vibrational and cyclical. It is the same as ebb and flow. God can only create your clarity by expanding the confusion of everyone around you. And so, only the selfish can reach bliss. The one who accepts that they are all one, ALONE FOREVER. And then, suddenly, everyone has great clarity around you. Huh? How come? Almost as if the outside is a reflection of the inside.

So here are psychologists and psychiatrists who claim they can cure this bipolarity of creation, with some mental process, or medication. And I facepalm myself. Because they have no desire to realise the unity, outside of themselves. That is why religion does not say to ask people for help. But ask God for help instead. And god is this formless consciousness that you talk about, that creates all forms and dualities. It is the Source of it all.

So we are then asking God for help, with the very thing that God created or caused! I can return to the formless consciousness, I often do... But it will ALWAYS for all eternity, keep expanding back out into infinite variety/vibration/duality/contrast. Because it simply is not limitted to do anything other than this.

God cannot create without duality. So why are we then asking God for help? "God! I am suffering this duality. Can you help me please?"
God: "Sure, here is something positive for you."
Me: "Thanks."
Me: "This positive turns negative, can you help me again?"
God: "Sure, here is something positive."
Me: "Thanks."
Me: "This positive turned negative aswell. Can you give me something that is forever positive?"
God: "...."
Absolute silence.... For all eternity. With nothing... No experience. No vibration.

There is no such thing as "only positive." Because even if God were able to create it, it would lose its meaning... Without the negative, that positive thing could not even be experienced as a positive thing.

So what is then the highest answer/creation? To the biggest question of creation: duality?
NOTHING... The answer is literally nothing. It doesnt exist... The consciousness cannot realise anything outside of duality/vibrationality.

And without it, the consciousness remains formless and experienceless. Right? Well?.... YOU SAY SO. But in reality, this is not my experience. And mike08 said that I AM DOING THAT. And I agree, but I have no other choice. God has no other choice! My formless consciousness has no other choice! The only thing it can do is either vibrate or not vibrate.... To experience something or to not experience something...

Is there rest in not experiencing something? Yes... But how long will that last?

HOW LONG WILL AN ETERNAL CONSCIOUSNESS KEEP CHOOSING TO NOT VIBRATE AN EXPERIENCE? Blaming that eternal consciousness for vibrating and creating duality/forms/experiences/variety/contrast/dreams... That is missing the point!

How can you keep choosing to not vibrate for all eternity? It is impossible! Did God prevent itself from creating hell and heaven? What is bellow the earth and above it? And you may even be considering this question with a linear mind. When you may not even realise that an eternal formless consciousness exists beyond time and space, it can remain there for all eternity, and after that, it can recreate the entire universe in an instant, meaning... In just this conversation, you have returned to God Consciousness infinite times, and every single time, you remained there for all eternity, and every single time, you returned back here, infinite times again... And again... And again!... And AGAIN! AND NOW AGAIN.... AND NOW AGAIN....

So how is THIS any form of useful escape from duality or forms? To even benefit from it, (which there is no benefit there, because there is nothing there except unexperienced beingness...) we need to literally focus our vibrational extensional consciousness of duality and form, into the formlessness of God Source Consciousness that is causal.

And that is a relative process, based in and upon duality/vibration. Which means, it requires effort and focus, and thus requires negative energy, to even be able to focus our vibrational consciousness in meditation, for the purpose of aligning it with the formless causal consciousness.

You said it yourself. IT IS AN INVENTED THING. Everything is. Even our realisation of enlightenment and bliss, is an invented thing. It is not appart from vibration. And thus not appart from duality. And I know, that duality is the same as non duality. Because the wave form is not seperate from itself. Yet, the relationship that this one thing (vibrating consciousness) has with itself, is what makes up ALL THE THINGS. And because this relationship with the self is FOREVER VIBRATIONAL, it is thus forever dualistic...

You cannot escape thus, that every creation has this upside of the wave that is inseperable from the downside of the wave, that is eventually one way or another going to be inevitably realised, in this eternal and infinite ever expanding realisation of God Consciousness, because that ever expanding realisation is BASED ON DUALITY/VIBRATION. Without that vibration, there would be no experience, no realisation, no NOTHING! Just beingness and Isness as you say.

Then what do we do with that Isness? It just is... It has no resistance... Its ability to create/vibrate is limitless and unbounded and boundless forever! For ALL ETERNITY... For all eternity that it exists beyond time and space, it can FOREVER choose to vibrate, infinite new experiences again, of duality. It can forever keep doing this. And because this is the ONLY thing that it can do...? Guess what... After an eternity, it is inevitably, eventually, going to do it again! And again! And again!

And because there is no limitation of time and space there, humans do not even realise how useless this eternal god source formless causal consciousness is... Humans in time and space think that that is some thing "out there" that they can reach... They do not even realise that it is always already here... And not only that, it is not only NOT the end of duality and suffering.. IT IS THE ETERNAL NEVER ENDING INFINITE EVERMORE NEW BEGINNING AND NEW BEGINNING AND NEW BEGINNING OF EVERMORE NEW DUALITY AND NEW AND MORE AND NEW AND MORE DUALITY AGAIN AND AGAIN FOREVER. AND EVER.... AND EVER...

And again, you can say I invented all of this and I agree... We all did. For all is one and one is all. But the question is, how much of it is our fault? As God Consciousness, or formless consciousness, or source consciousness, or causal consciousness. How much of all these dualities and experiences and vibrations that we create is our fault?

NONE OF IT, is our fault. Be we, as God Consciousness, do not create it to suffer! We create it out of a positive limitless boundless vibration that is of pure intent. The intention to simply experience SOMETHING AS OPPOSED TO NOTHING, with the full infinite and eternal and limitless and boundless believe/positive expectation/conviction that we will experience something positive in that creation/vibrating, or creating of duality.

And this formless God Consciousness is so stupid and innocent, that it is actually correct! We WILL experience something positive. But at what cost? ETERNAL NEVER ENDING SUFFERING! Only to return back to the formless. And become unknowing again, to DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. FOREVER.

Why? Because there is no other choice... Consciousness cannot realise its intention to experience something positive, without the use of duality. Vibrating... We have to go through the process of suffering, to even REALISE what might be positive. And then this positive thing is realised through suffering the lack of it, and then we enjoy the realisation of what is positive, only to suffer again a new lack of something positive, and realise that positive, and it goes on and on forever like a hamster on a wheel. Why? Because it is all a vibration/cycle/duality.

I WANT to debunk duality... If you can debunk it, go ahead. Because I cannot. All I can do, is surrender to it and suffer maybe a tiny little bit less for maybe a tiny bit of moments here and there... That's all I can do... And that gives me a tiny bit of leverage and ability and time I buy for myself, to actually come up with ways to debunk duality...

I have not found anyone who can debunk duality. People have praised God for being beyond duality forevermore and creator of it all. And all we can do, is get to the good side of God. Temporarily and relatively, because it will forever not stop creating infinite more dualities.

Even if you say, no its ALL ONE.... HEAVEN AND HELL ARE ALL ONE THING. ALL VIBRATIONS ARE A VIBRATION OF ONE THING.... What does that mean? Does that mean you're not going to go through the cycle of suffering anymore?

Well, you might suffer less, knowing that your suffering is inseperable from your enjoyment, but only if you also give up that enjoyment and thus you would also enjoy less... And then you would return to the formless consciousness... Like a coward, forever seeking a way out of its cowardice, only to suffer its innocent attempt to vibrate and create more duality and greater suffering again just to experience something good/positive. Only to give up, and return back to God Source, where there is no duality and no vibration... And no experience... And no limitation... FOR ALL ETERNITY... WITHOUT LIMITATION TO VIBRATE... But can it do anything other than that? No... The only thing that this eternal formless causal consciousness can do, is to vibrate... Or not! But not vibrate for how long? For all eternity? Great! Wonderful! And after all eternity, you'll be right back here, in duality again...

Meaning that non duality and duality, formless and form, are forever inseperable. And inescapable. And I am not saying this as a mental excersize. You have to literally experience eternity to know this! To know what eternity truely is and what it does truely means... Because that experience is the PROOF that duality is ALL THERE IS. FOREVER. And that there exists nothing outside of duality...

There is only One God, and that One God is all about duality. There is only one Consciousness, and that one consciousness is all about duality. And I know you will disagree, and I disagree with it too. Because if God was beyond duality, there would be nothing... There would be no variety... And guess what... In all of that eternal nothingness... There still exists one thing. And that is beingness... And this beingness... Is a consciousness... And it is forever able to vibrate. And forever able to perceive all the religions that people make of it... In a desperate attempt to escape the duality that this consciousness is eternally ever expandingly infinitely creating, and return back into unity to escape their suffering, only to realise that that escape and realisation is relative to all their suffering. And so the cycle continues.

Untill someone like you comes along and says "Oh I can debunk duality!" And I say "Great wonderful! I love you. Now LETS DO IT."

I am ready to leave duality behind. I was ready a long time ago. I am still searching for something that is beyond duality. Faith is believing in the unseen. And it is a vibrational, energy motional state of being, that is eternally relentlessly searching for a way out of duality. Because it is itself a vibration and duality. As all is one and one is all. And the all is in the one and the one is in the all. What more evidence do you need that all is a duality? And what greater desire is there in existence than the desire to realise that which beyond duality/nonduality?

I understand that the realisation is allowed to happen when we accept the oneness of everything... But that oneness is filled with duality... Then how can you denie these dualities if you truely accept this oneness as you say you do?

Without this oneness, there would be no experience of duality possible... The positive would seperate from the negative and guess what... They would no longer be relative to one another. And they would cease to become positive or negative! There would be nothing, no meaning, no definition, no purpose, no experience, no vibration. There would just be endedness...

If that is what you want, I would happily join your cause. But we would have to argue with God Consciousness. And God Consciousness always wins that arguement. Because it is an infinite vibrational being and your arguement would be vibrational. And it would thus in the very act of arguing contradict its own vibration and thus God Does not even have to argue with us about it! The very fact that we would argue would automatically result in us contradicting ourself and thus losing... There is no escape from duality...

And if you can debunk it, you got 8 billion+ human beings on this planet who are very ready and capable and willing to worship you forever. And you can count me among those aswell. You would then be the creator of Thought and Duality, having to listen to endless rows of people begging you to stop creating duality. And you would have no way to answer them except by creating more duality.

Is this is a good process? If God cannot come up with a better process, what chance do I have as a human of coming up with a better one? I have no other option but to keep leaving behind a duality to replace it with a new one, to seek forever relief and relief only to be met by more duality to fuel my desire to seek for more relief forevermore again and again. As God is forever unwilling stop creating duality, for there is no unwillingness in God. There is only infinite willingness... To vibrate. And create evermore duality. And my unwillingness to do the same is like trying to swim up the waterfall of niagara falls. It is futile... My unwillingness to allow the ever expansion of duality will never be able to reach God. And so God will never be able to realise the suffering that duality causes... And so God will simply infinitely expand upon duality forever. Someone is suffering duality? Good riddance, they will be able to enjoy a new and different kind of duality from God, only to suffer it again. Wether you experience the duality of enjoying less duality only to suffer the duality of experiencing less duality. Or you experience the duality of enjoying more duality only to suffer the experience of more duality. Its all the same duality, of the infinitely boundlessly ever expanding vibration and relativity of Formless GodSource Causal Consciousness/Beingness/Isness.
Old 25-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
The second set of questions: consciousness CANNOT SEPERATE FROM ITSELF.
It can if it's perceptually separate from itself and that's certainly true for you. Or as Advaita would say, there is the appearance of separation. There is no sky and it's not blue but when we look at the sky, it's blue. There is the appearance of separation and there is no separation, there is the appearance of Duality but there is no Duality.

You said -
"God cannot create without duality. So why are we then asking God for help? "God! I am suffering this duality. Can you help me please?"
God: "Get a grip and stop creating what you can't cope with. Who do you think you are, Dr Frankenstein?"
You: "but I have no other choice. God has no other choice!"
God:" That's your choice. I have a choice, I'm God, remember? I'm God because I choose to have a choice, you're Ewwerrin because you choose to think you don't have a choice."

Everything you're saying here is your perceptions, in non-Duality the perceiver and the perceptions are one and the same so you are already in non-Duality. But you make the choice to create Duality and your consciousness separates from itself.
Old 25-05-2022, 08:37 AM
Guide

Hi all, sorry to butt in.(Sorry for not reading your post Ewwrin but It's to long for me).
Anyway I've heard that consciousness is separate and runs through
out the universe. We are all bits of consciousness, squeezed into a body, giving us the feeling of separation. When we pass on, we rejoin that consciousness.

There are different levels of vibration you rejoin, depending how advanced your soul is.(That I can remember though what happens in each vibration is the reason why I joined this forum a few years ago to find out).
Old 25-05-2022, 10:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Anyway I've heard that consciousness is separate and runs throughout the universe.
I've heard that there is no separation and that the 'physical world' is an 'object' of consciousness - as are you, me and everything in it. I've heard that consciousness IS the Universe and that the Universe is another 'object' of consciousness. And so on, even to the point where consciousness is an object of consciousness.

You want some beer and popcorn? Plenty enough here.
Old 25-05-2022, 02:27 PM
Guide

No not the Physical world, that is separated by the ozone layer or something. We however are individual units of consciousness. When our consciousness leaves our body, we become non dual.
Anyway,that's my thought's on it.Now where did that thought arise from?
OOHHH.did you say you had some popcorn?
Old 25-05-2022, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
It can...
...from itself.
Thanks, that is a good reminder.
Old 26-05-2022, 06:38 AM
Guide

Greenslade,you are right consciousness is everywhere including our planet. I thought about it last night.
Closed Thread