Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Master
hey I have one...probably nothing to do with this thread...sorry if it isn't, just ignore it. I just found this thread and didn't want to wade through pages of posts...

So here it is...
Have you ever said to yourself "I'm must be invisible or something", then you suddenly notice, the people around you seem to ignore you...like while you're lined up at the counter and everyone jumps in ahead of you?...or people bump into you while walking past?

Thoughts create...there's the experience!
Old 24-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
That sounded cool even though I couldnt quite follow it all.

I would say that thought gives meaning to individuation. In this way thought is individuation itself. So I would say that 'difference' is a fundamental. As is 'sameness'. If one came first I think it would have to be 'sameness' (or Source)

Meh... Take no notice I'm just rambling.

The thought is not what actually occurs to mind, the simplicity of just watching is to seperate and compare then all this becomes apparent. Inter related, the will is like 'I want to see' so why not, I just look and there's creation where anything may occur to be seen, and in true belief it will be so, but only in the balance of 'possible reality' where one thing is defined by another, I guess that's belief, not believe in, actually believe.

The act of looking causes the split so mind is only ever dualistic, and the emptiness of mind is the duality, as one can look within the mind or look outward into the universe, while either state of space remains the object of awareness, and often in ancient runes it's said 'The Two Become One".

And consider what is simply appearing here, just words, you'll see them and the reaction will continue, meaning will form from these freaky little squiggles and you will believe something is being said, but wonder also who 'really' says and who 'really' listens what 'really' happened, nope, it's just experientially viable, derived as the echos of your own, and some other impression will occur to Tzu, Sound, De.Spin because they will wish to see, as I am the greatest entertainer there is and it's totally awesome man!

Hehehehe.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

The thought is not what actually occurs to mind, the simplicity of just watching is to seperate and compare then all this becomes apparent. Inter related, the will is like 'I want to see' so why not, I just look and there's creation where anything may occur to be seen, and in true belief it will be so, but only in the balance of 'possible reality' where one thing is defined by another, I guess that's belief, not believe in, actually believe.

The act of looking causes the split so mind is only ever dualistic, and the emptiness of mind is the duality, as one can look within the mind or look outward into the universe, while either state of space remains the object of awareness, and often in ancient runes it's said 'The Two Become One".

And consider what is simply appearing here, just words, you will believesomething is being you'll see them and the reaction will continue, meaning will form from these freaky little squiggles and you will believe something is being said, but wonder also who 'really' says and who 'really' listens what 'really' happened, nope, it's just experientially viable, derived as the echos what you believe you see, and some other impression will occur to Tzu, Sound, De.Spin because they will wish to see, as I am the greatest entertainer there is and it's totally awesome man!

Hehehehe.

Yeh..that's the deepest side of it Gem..but try saying this to your mate in 3D HAHA...

The idea is to not think any of this...the moment we do, we experience its potential...energy flowing where it is lead...and in stillness is the 'eye'
Old 24-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

And consider what is simply appearing here, just words, you'll see them and the reaction will continue, meaning will form from these freaky little squiggles and you will believe something is being said, but wonder also who 'really' says and who 'really' listens what 'really' happened, nope, it's just experientially viable, derived as the echos of your own, and some other impression will occur to Tzu, Sound, De.Spin because they will wish to see, as I am the greatest entertainer there is and it's totally awesome man!

Hehehehe.

I kind of got the gist of that and even if I didnt quite get it the energy that came through the message struck me as pretty cool.

Im not sure if you are saying this or not, but Im wary of the idea that there are no individual experiences happening. I would say there are. There may not be a 'you' but I would say that in actuality there are unique selves or no-selves having unique experiences.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Master
I remember it was sometimes said that appearances appear in mind, and I agree with that, but I would add that appearances appear in the mind of each unique being.

Actually I think that what they said is that appearances appear in consciousness, but I would add that appearances appear in individual consciousness's. After all, what is appearing to ''you'', is not exactly the same as what is appearing to ''me''.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I remember it was sometimes said that appearances appear in mind, and I agree with that, but I would add that appearances appear in the mind of each unique being.

Actually I think that what they said is that appearances appear in consciousness, but I would add that appearances appear in individual consciousness's. After all, what is appearing to ''you'', is not exactly the same as what is appearing to ''me''.

Ah...but what is the mind and where does it reside?
Old 24-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Ah...but what is the mind and where does it reside?

Well, there are lots of views on where mind is, but I think many would agree that the most concentrated activity of thought is in the head area. For most humans, appearances appear in the area above the eyes. I guess we could also call this imagination, or illusion, or maya. Its where the 'objectification' happens.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Yeh..that's the deepest side of it Gem..but try saying this to your mate in 3D HAHA...

The idea is to not think any of this...the moment we do, we experience its potential...energy flowing where it is lead...and in stillness is the 'eye'

It's the nature of experience that one can recount it, and everything seems stored in the speed of light somewhere, for this happening here will not occur for a million years to an alien in the next galaxy, so has it happened yet? And we don't know if planet X is still there or it was swallowed by a supernova before the earth ever formed, but it is still experienced now ... to us.

When exactly do things happen then, and according to whom?

Old 24-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's the nature of experience that one can recount it, and everything seems stored in the speed of light somewhere, for this happening here will not occur for a million years to an alien in the next galaxy, so has it happened yet? And we don't know if planet X is still there or it was swallowed by a supernova before the earth ever formed, but it is still experienced now ... to us.

When exactly do things happen then, and according to whom?

mmm...i would even go so far as to say way beyond the speed of light. And yes, its a bit like that...well at least...as far as our mortal brains can handle and comprehend.
I would think the opposite....that all has already happened, but we can only understand this all in linear....I gave up trying to and simply allow now.
Old 24-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Master
I just reflected on this 'you' issue which we have discussed over and over again in the last year and I reflected on what we mean when we ask if there is a 'you'.

I think that what we are basically asking is if there are individual experiencers and individual experiences. It might make an interesting survey, but going with the assumption of there being an actuality, I would have to say 'yes', there are individual experiencers and individual experiences.