Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
Am I the only person who finds it absurd that the entire intro to this thread is a quote from a book, described as the "Channeled Writings of Jesus"?
Yep, just another belief system to add to the already multitude, just take your pick who's right or wrong, or just forget the lot and do it for your SELF.
Old 17-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
Am I the only person who finds it absurd that the entire intro to this thread is a quote from a book, described as the "Channeled Writings of Jesus"?

I don't think you're the only person who would feel that way.

Most people have no problems with dismissing something, without even bothering to read the teachings themselves.

Far easier, to simply dismiss it, than to actually read into it, to evaluate it based on the Wisdom being presented.

You've labeled something absurd, but you have not taken the time to examine the contents.
Old 17-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yep, just another belief system to add to the already multitude, just take your pick who's right or wrong, or just forget the lot and do it for your SELF.

In seeking the SELF, you will find just that.
The Self.
Nothing more, nothing less.

All the Eastern practices, focus primarily on consciousness work.

You will find very little on the subject of your soul.

Consciousness, when compared to the mind, pure awareness, is
a place that transcends the mind. It is a greater attainment, far more
peaceful and steady. Timeless. All of this is good.

But working on the level of consciousness, and working on the
level of soul, are 2 very different things.

Forming a relationship with God, this is the beginning of Highest Form of Spirituality.

You can choose not to engage God. You can practice and work on any level that you desire.

I think an Atheist, by comparison to someone who follows Eastern beliefs, is far less diluted.

Between the belief that there is no God, and the belief that you can attain to God hood, through Self-Realization. Through your own efforts.
The first belief is less damaging.

Better that I don't believe in God, than assume that I can somehow attain to His level, through Self-Realization.

The first belief is one born of ignorance, of simply not knowing. The second, is one of utter delusion.

But we are free to believe what we choose. You have shared your beliefs, and I have shared mine.

They do not match, so let us agree to disagree, for the time being. Nothing further will be gained from speaking, except to back up our respective viewpoints.

In light of a stalemate, let us move onward on our journey!
Old 17-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Experiencer
I did read the OP and some of the ideas presented there just didn't work for me, I certainly have nothing against them if they work for you and help you to be who you wish to be. I will find my truths in different sources and material.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 17-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Master
Yes we shall, but it doesn't worry me one bit, as I said I don't have stupid beliefs systems, there is no god, there is no soul, there is just what IS, whatever you add is not what IS. be well with your beliefs system my friend.

Last edited by psychoslice : 17-12-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 17-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
The first belief is one born of ignorance, of simply not knowing. The second, is one of utter delusion.

i think its the other way around. god is a delusion and self is grounded.

when you work with your own consciousnesses, everything is self-evident and self veriafiable. it's like its your own truth and your own experience. no belief is required so there is no self delusion, just coming to terms with what life is to offer to you.

on the other hand, how can you even accept the channeled message unless by sheer blind faith? yes there can be nuggets of wisdom there but to sell it by a certain person who claimed to be jesus that lived 2k years ago is just what the stuff of mythical belief system is all about.

Old 17-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Master
I think I might possibly kind of get what you, Divine Love, are saying, however I dont think you actually achieved self-realization through the advaita path. I think there are many in the world who think they are self-realized that also are pretty barren of love and their heart's remain closed, but I dont think they are self-realized. They have understood the truth without actually actualizing it. An easy trap to fall into. In full actualization or realization the heart is open to Love, the heart is open to Rejoicing, the heart is open to Celebration.

What I see you doing Divine Love is working at actualization through praying to Creator. Which is absolutely fine. I also still work at actualization and opening my heart to Love, and occasionally say a prayer but am more likey to pull an angel card for guidance.

Personally, I would say God is constituted of Creator, Created and Creation. The Holy Trinity basically (in different words), but the 3 aspects of the Trinity are not separate from each other. So I would say that yes, its all God, and therefore we are God, but there is still a 'Creator'. A Source.
Old 17-12-2010, 09:02 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I think I might possibly kind of get what you, Divine Love, are saying, however I dont think you actually achieved self-realization through the advaita path. I think there are many in the world who think they are self-realized that also are pretty barren of love and their heart's remain closed, but I dont think they are self-realized. They have understood the truth without actually actualizing it. An easy trap to fall into. In full actualization or realization the heart is open to Love, the heart is open to Rejoicing, the heart is open to Celebration.

What I see you doing Divine Love is working at actualization through praying to Creator. Which is absolutely fine. I also still work at actualization and opening my heart to Love, and occasionally say a prayer but am more likey to pull an angel card for guidance.

Personally, I would say God is constituted of Creator, Created and Creation. The Holy Trinity basically (in different words), but the 3 aspects of the Trinity are not separate from each other. So I would say that yes, its all God, and therefore we are God, but there is still a 'Creator'. A Source.

What is God, who creates the creator? Why stick with this God? Who needs it? It is just a theory. Even as a theory, it doesn't explain anything. It is all in your mind.

(not personal andrew )

3dnow
Old 17-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
What is God, who creates the creator? Why stick with this God? Who needs it? It is just a theory. Even as a theory, it doesn't explain anything. It is all in your mind.

(not personal andrew )

3dnow

God is Creator, Created and Creation. Nothing creates the Creator. We could equally call it Awareness, Consciousness and Expression. Or Formless, Form and Forming. It really doesnt matter. In the end, I actually think its the only logical way of explaining 'This'.
Old 17-12-2010, 09:14 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
God is Creator, Created and Creation. Nothing creates the Creator. We could equally call it Awareness, Consciousness and Expression. Or Formless, Form and Forming. It really doesnt matter. In the end, I actually think its the only logical way of explaining 'This'.

It doesn't explain anything. It is just a belief. Because you want to believe that. I don't see how we can pretend to understand the creation. We really have no idea.

Hawking says "Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing". You have an idea what he is talking about? I personally don't. What is the relationship between gravity and creation?

The fact that we are divine beings doesn't necessarily mean there is a God.

3dnow