Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
I've never once seen anyone regret feeding their children traditional foods based on ancient dietary wisdom. However, I've seen quite the disastrous and painful regrets from those who rejected animal foods.

I have not eaten animal flesh in many a year. My health has never been better. I do not regret my decision in the slightest, in fact I wish I had made it earlier.

It is well documented that eating meat (especially red meat) increases the risk of bowel cancer and heart disease.

A vegetarian/vegan diet is not only beneficial to animals, it is also beneficial to one's health.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:08 AM
primrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Don't be so sure. Not everyone thinks like you. Thankfully.

Are you telling me you would live with bedbugs, cockroaches or deadly insects in your home?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:27 AM
Ascender

Processed foods and sugar push people towards illness/problems in the body. Dr. Price sought for what makes humans healthy and what makes humans have perfect, straight teeth with no cavities---he did not seek out "what pushes people toward illness". Big difference.

In his laboratory, Dr. Price analyzed the nutrient content of isolated "primitive" groups of people who appeared to be the healthiest people in the world (evidenced by photographs showing perfect bodily form & teeth & they never suffered from any degenerative diseases such as bowel disease and cancer). From analyzing the nutrients, he found that these traditional foods diets were extremely high in the amounts of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, Activator X/K2), which are all nutrients found in animal food sources, not plants food sources.

Quote:
We retain our individualised identities on the Other Side.

Yes, absolutely. However, no one has a "family" identity in the spiritual world, our real home. "Family" is all an earthly illusion. You keep saying "my children". There is no such thing as "my children" in the spiritual world. Family does not exist as part of one's identity. Family is only an Earth illusion/role/act. On the other side, I have no spouse, no parents, no children, no siblings...those are all just earthly roles/illusions. I had a couple pregnancies terminated within my first trimester, which later on, could have been potential human bodies for any number of souls who may have been interested in them. No big deal. Its not like there is a shortage of human bodies. Its not like I "killed" anyone either.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Processed foods and sugar push people towards illness/problems in the body. Dr. Price sought for what makes humans healthy and what makes humans have perfect, straight teeth with no cavities---he did not seek out "what pushes people toward illness". Big difference...
Then his findings do not show the whole picture.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Master

Weston Price was a dentist, not a nutritionist.

The Inuit have the lowest lifespan in North America. The Masai have the lowest longevity of any people in the world. Study after study has warned of the dangers of over consumption of animal fats and proteins.

You can get away with a higher proportion of fat in the diet if 'you burn it off as fuel doing heavy work. When the lifestyle is largely sedentary, as it is with most Westerners, a high fat intake is a recipe for a stroke or a heart attack.

As I already, it was the widespread introduction of sugar into the diet, together with nutrient stripped processed food, that did for dental health and health in general.

As for the issue of aborted children. If you don't want to listen, no matter. You will find out the reality, one way or the other, for yourself all in the fullness of time.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-10-2013, 04:26 AM
primrose

Knight I agree with what you say about sugar, it's a killer.

Has this thread gone off topic?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:36 AM
Nada

Oh?? Really people??
Why just stop at not killing insects?
What about not killing bacteria and virus, especially the disease causing agents?

Seriously people.... insects can cause serious problems with the health of your loved ones, yourself, and your pets.

There are good insects... bees and butterflies. We need them for our farmings.
Insects are important for our ecosystems. Other animals need them as their food supplies.

So, we don't want to massacre them.
It really depends..... we can kill some insects for our own survival.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Oh?? Really people??
Why just stop at not killing insects?
What about not killing bacteria and virus, especially the disease causing agents?
The difference for me Nada is that insects are animals. They have brains and are aware of pain. Virus and bacteria do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Seriously people.... insects can cause serious problems with the health of your loved ones, yourself, and your pets.
True, and if the health of anything I love was threatened by an insect I would kill it if there was no other way (there usually is); just as if a man attempted to kill someone I love I would stop him by any means necessary. Killing is however a last resort, and I feel the same about all creatures. That includes the most violent and destructive of all animals: humans.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
The difference for me Nada is that insects are animals. They have brains and are aware of pain. Virus and bacteria do not.

Oh~~ you, the sweet sweet man,
I love your logic...
So, it is not all God's creatures... but only the ones that we assume, can feel PAIN. Feeling pain requires more than just having a brain.
Nonetheless, I like your cautious and caring mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
True, and if the health of anything I love was threatened by an insect I would kill it if there was no other way (there usually is); just as if a man attempted to kill someone I love I would stop him by any means necessary. Killing is however a last resort, and I feel the same about all creatures. That includes the most violent and destructive of all animals: humans.
I agree... especially the last part about humans...
Old 14-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
When it comes to viruses and bacteria, I'm afraid we all kill, whether we like it or not. Our immune systems just do the job without our conscious consent.
I am sure these Beings have some validity in the Universe, but many of them don't mesh with our survival unfortunately. It's just the way it is.
My immune system just killed quite a lot of them, and I am sorry, but that's the way it had to be. I now feel better. But I certainly do respect their ways and am fascinated with them.

Now insects....I actually like them.
I made friends with a beetle tonight who visited me. (oh boy....am I low on friends right now....haha)
Closed Thread