Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Heather

Would you say that an Individual needs to realize the illusions and all that they are not, so the truth can shine through?

x daz x

no, one sees illusions as what they are, illusions. The truth just does what it does. perhaps by its light we might see the way the shadows of the illusions move....but to look at the truth we would be blind.

And yet, theres so much conversation about truth.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Ivy

Quote:
to know truth from illusion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I can go with that, though its hard to separate the two. I would say that anything thought of is 'illusion' (or 'maya') And there is no thing that is not thought of. This includes 'thought' itself.

hmmm...Im intrigued by the notion of knowing truth from illusion. I first read it as knowing truth literally from illusion, as opposed to distinguishing between truth and illusion. Im not sure which you meant 7luminaries. But I feel that life/illusion reflects truth in its vast web of metaphoric language.

Andrew, yes...for me the word truth represents the one ultimate state...and as we discussed on another thread...the ultimate state being awareness of everything and therefore no awareness of the state of awareness. Because ofcourse awareness only exists as a comparative.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Master
Hi phroggy ... welcome back to the forums (the frog on the post thingy was done with the utmost affection ok lol)

Back to this thread ... truth is everywhere and everywhere is truth (in my experience)so whether we decided we needed to seek or simply allow it to be revealed, it cant be concealed ... is there a right or a wrong place as your thread title suggests?

Last edited by sound : 05-10-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
andrew g... Because its all interconnected, the yearning and efforting to acquire a deeper understanding of ourself is still affecting the whole (and yet the yearning and efforting is also brought to be by the whole). Yes, the attempt to try to control and manipulate life is the equivalent of resisting the isness.

Yes, this is true. What one does will always affect the consciousness of the collective(whether they be aware of it or not), but the journey that travels into the core existence of oneself is experienced alone. That's what I meant to say earlier, but I didn't express my point clearly.

Quote:
andrew g...The animals do very much fight to survive - they literally do fight obviously, they experience fear, and the fight or flight instinct, its a program of 'lack', a program of 'finiteness'. My own feeling is that there are other planes or dimensions and planets of 'abundance' but I guess thats by the by really. The energy of creation is the energy of love, and this planet is therefore born out of love, but I still wouldnt say its an easy planet for the life forms on it.

How do you think a predator animal, such as a lion for instance, would interact with its prey(let's say an antelope) in a setting like the fifth dimension? The fifth dimension is said to be a plane of complete harmony. If there are animals, which I do think there would be, how do you think their shared existence will play out?

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 06-10-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
kaze

the only place you will find the truth is within yourselves

im ALWAYS connected with 'god'. this connection makes living feel like im a producer watching my movie play out, movie of love.

shes a monster, but im a beast

i tear her down, its all love, loving mother nature, living with father time

the universe works in order without a god. there is something greater, but im as enlightened as i can be on earth. jesus style enlightened, but i know im not 'god'. im the best she had yet

i see her when i want, call it viewers choice
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind of Grace
So ten years before, you hadn't reached this point of realization on your personal path.

Whether one seeks or not, points of realization can occur at any moment.

Seeking is not the source of suffering, unless one chooses for it to be so. Seeking to uncover the wisdom that lies within us all may be difficult at times, but suffering can only develop in resisting the uneasyness of some of the steps that we will inevitably take along the way....

Some see seeking in a very general sense. To say "seeking to uncover wisdom", it makes seeking sound like a fun exploration, but at the root of all seeking is a dissatisfaction, a sense of lack, and a need to find something, and fear.
I wouldn't say seeking is the source of suffering. I would say suffering is the source of seeking.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Some see seeking in a very general sense. To say "seeking to uncover wisdom", it makes seeking sound like a fun exploration, but at the root of all seeking is a dissatisfaction, a sense of lack, and a need to find something, and fear.
I wouldn't say seeking is the source of suffering. I would say suffering is the source of seeking.

From your own lengthy search ... can you see the value in this endeavour?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 AM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Andrew: English is a brilliant language, very descriptive, very useful.. most of the 'confusion' i have seen is when the commonly used words and phrases are redefined to fit uncommon or obscure usages.. don't you think the better approach is to rely on the common usage and craft a better phrase describing your beliefs? by doing so, the words and phrases should make more sense to more people..

Be well..

The sort of spiritual understanding we tend to talk about is very uncommon and there are no words that apply precisely to what is talked about, so the most appropriate common words are used as pointers to the uncommon. As such, the traditional definitions don't apply very well and can be distracting. The term "Self realization" is unique to this context. Relying on 'common usage' tends to point to common understanding. We're trying to talk about something else using the only words available.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
The sort of spiritual understanding we tend to talk about is very uncommon and there are no words that apply precisely to what is talked about, so the most appropriate common words are used as pointers to the uncommon. As such, the traditional definitions don't apply very well and can be distracting. The term "Self realization" is unique to this context. Relying on 'common usage' tends to point to common understanding. We're trying to talk about something else using the only words available.

I guess that's why they invented the parable, so common easily understood language could be used to imply more subtle things, also so a person could see things his own way.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Phroggy

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hi phroggy ... welcome back to the forums (the frog on the post thingy was done with the utmost affection ok lol)

The post frog was cool! It's what made me think of using this avatar.

Quote:
Back to this thread ... truth is everywhere and everywhere is truth (in my experience)so whether we decided we needed to seek or simply allow it to be revealed, it cant be concealed ... is there a right or a wrong place as your thread title suggests?

What I meant by 'wrong place' is delusion. Are you suggesting delusion is Truth?
Closed Thread