Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 30-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Master

[quote=Wisa'ka]

Perhaps names like White Eagle appeals more to white seekers more so than Black Hoof, or Six Killer, or Stabber ?

The 'White' refers to the colour white in its highest expression i.e. purity

The 'Eagle' is of course highly symbolic, signifying the spirit attaining great heights.

I share your disdain at those who seek to make money out of spiritual teachings.
I am unfamiliar with 'White Feather' but the White Eagle Trust and the Silver Birch Trust, who promote the respective teachings, are charitable trusts and
not for profit.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I share your disdain at those who seek to make money out of spiritual teachings.
I am unfamiliar with 'White Feather' but the White Eagle Trust and the Silver Birch Trust, who promote the respective teachings, are charitable trusts and
not for profit.
Make money like amassing wealth, or making a living out of it?

Trusts and non-profit organizations may still pay their members for expenses and time spent for work done for the organization.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Master

As you may know I am great admirer of the Silver Birch teachings. I know the Silver Birch Publishing Trust has no paid staff and all involved give their time voluntarily.
As for the White Eagle Publishing Trust. They are a charity and non-profit, Wheter they have any paid staff (i.e. a secretary) I couldn't tell you.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
Interesting Neville.

Now isn’t possible that people from two different hemispheres could make a similar image ?

Mississippian mound builder symbol -

An ancient Navajo whirling log symbol -

But are these pre-Columbian swastika-like symbols connected with a certain little German dictator who wanted an Aryan master race to rule the world, or whatever eastern hemisphere ancient culture he ripped this symbol off from ?

Similar symbols having wholly different symbolic meanings.

I heard that the sign of life either tilted or reversed or both was the sign of huge destruction to come. Looks like Hitler pulled that off.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Master
Hi Wisa'ka

I have a question ~ it may not apply to yr post ~ but maybe I will learn some thing .

As a child I heard about the natives inheriting the earth ..

I searched a few years later what " the natives meant ".

I don't fit that class..I am mixed ..Estonian Irish German Romanian Scottish English ..and probadly a few others back through the generations.

I am not a new ager either...simply I am born the way I am ~ and gifts of spirit have come from spirit with long learning's..

As I grew up .. I thought maybe the natives are more to do with spirit...?

Peace & Kindness
:)

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Master
Whats a NDN?

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Master
Did the thread stop ? Sorry*

bye :)

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler

Whats a NDN?

It is a modern term for Native Americans...

Old 29-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
Another big difference is our diets and views concerning hunting, fishing and gathering. Where many New Age Movement followers are Vegans and Vegetarians, or else would not hunt game animals, my family and friends, the American Indians known to me all either hunt, or at least are able to prepare bagged game and dress hides.

I’ve read a lot of New Age material concerning the evils of hunting and eating meat. I respect a person’s choice of diet, but feel somewhat insulted when our traditional ways are mentioned with such scorn to make Indians look like bad people because some of us have held on to our hunting, fishing and gathering skills. Practices to us that are very much entwined with our spirituality. There are certain rituals before the hunt. During the hunt, conditions are observed and after the kill apologies are made to the animal’s departing spirit all the while thanking both the mother and wild spirits of the hunt for providing and assisting. After a big hunt celebration abounds, often the hunt is re-lived through dance all the while more thanks are given. For eastern woodland Indians, hunting and fishing to us is just as spiritually important as our agriculture.

Most of the game animal is used. Meat is consumed on the spot and preserved as well. Hides are dressed, tanned, and made into traditional clothing or processed for other useful materials. We are thankful for all of it. Although I do not use that much bone, unless of course for a whistle, antler makes for fine knife and tool handles as well as carving material. We do not hunt just for the sake of killing and sport, or to have trophy animal heads hanging in our studies. Hunting, fishing and gathering is what we have known even before crossing onto the western hemisphere. A time long before some men told and wrote stories of a god who kicked people out of the garden. A garden that later those beholden to that god, decided they were going to kick us out of as well.

Some New Age people want to adopt certain aspects of Indian spirituality all the while denying or leaving out what’s most important which involves the hunt and all the spirits associated with such. Why break off a crystal from an ancient formation just because it’s pretty or can be sold without so much as a hint of spiritual preparation ? The same reason we do not just enter the forest, locate quarry, shoot it down without so much of a hint of spirituality.

It somewhat confuses me how people want all the sparkle and pretty of what they call ‘Native American Spirituality’ but can’t seem to accept the whole truth of it.

That garden would be the Garden of Jerusalem, where the 12 tribes were, the Tribe of Gad, who were one of the missing 10 tribes, is thought to some, as the American Indian.

Genesis 49:19

"Gad, a troop shall overcome him, but he shall overcome at the last"

I would like to say, "a troop shall overcome him" that it was the American Calvary.

"but he shall overcome at the last" That the Children of Gad, will wake up to, who they truly are and follow the commandments, in the last days of tribulation.

I may be wrong but, oh well!

Also the Children of Gad were Warriors, much like the Native Americans were/are.

Another note was that the Natives fasted to communicate with the spirits. The medicine/shaman was considered a loner out of the tribe. He did not go on any hunts, for it would have hurt his spirituality, as he seen everything as connected. Not to sure about meat though, I would like to think he wouldn't, according to him it would be like eating a fellow brother or sister.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Free_Spirit1983

There's a lot of mentions in this post about natives not sharing their beliefs with outsiders..

I'm interested to hear peoples oppinions on people like Alberto Villoldo for example who work with the native tribes (in this case the Peruvian Q'ero / Laika shamans) and are given the sacred knowledge to bring to the western world and share with other people so that they may become earthkeepers and healers themselves..