Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-03-2012, 11:07 PM
BeautifulLife

errr...can't find it anyways theres's this chart that shows the progression from social drinker to moderate, heavy, functional alcoholic, full blow, ect. It also listed they typical behavors for each stage like lying to people about how much you drink or hiding it. My point isn't where you are on the chart its just that your ON the chart and NO you are not a social drinker at least from what I've read. People that have situations like what you described with being on stage can NOT be an alcoholic but still exhibit the signs. But either way I stand by my original post. "IF" you are an alcoholic moderation 99% of the time wont' work. And you know that 1% that can do it in moderation? Well they're strong enough to tortue the hell out of themselves because they want more than 1 or 2 drinks but they keep it in control. Most in that group eventually quit all together since very few can live like that.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Only you know the truth but what you just told me sounded like the ego trying to rationalize your behavor. Reread all the excuse you have. Bottom line is if alcohol wasn't an issue you wouldn't have started a thread on it nor felt good about piecing together a few days of sobriety.

I hear what you are saying - I really do.

Of course it's an issue for me - that's why I started this thread.

I'm doing this all on my own, actually. Nobody in my life has even mentioned alcohol being an issue for me at all - in fact, as pointed out before, my spiritual counsellors don't even seem to think it is.

I feel good about piecing together a few days of sobriety, because it is a huge achievement for me. I'm very proud of myself, and what I have managed to achieve here even in just a few weeks.

I'm very spiritually aware, even of myself, if I fall off again, I will go cold turkey, but it doesn't seem to be an issue at this stage.

I would prefer to do things this way, and learn moderation... kind of what we are trying to do with our twin flames? Not just go with the "all or nothing" approach... and learn to love and appreciate alcohol again for it's taste, it's social aspect once a week or so, and to not NEED it to assist with anxiety and escapism.

I would definitely like to try this approach first - to avoid potentially having an unnecessary monkey on my back.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy
I don't drink. Never cared for it. But we all have to start sometime.

Would you say you have any other dependences and/or addictions though, ShyGuy?

That's usually how I try and relate to this kind of thing.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:17 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic
I hear what you are saying - I really do.

Of course it's an issue for me - that's why I started this thread.

I'm doing this all on my own, actually. Nobody in my life has even mentioned alcohol being an issue for me at all - in fact, as pointed out before, my spiritual counsellors don't even seem to think it is.

I feel good about piecing together a few days of sobriety, because it is a huge achievement for me. I'm very proud of myself, and what I have managed to achieve here even in just a few weeks.

I'm very spiritually aware, even of myself, if I fall off again, I will go cold turkey, but it doesn't seem to be an issue at this stage.

I would prefer to do things this way, and learn moderation... kind of what we are trying to do with our twin flames? Not just go with the "all or nothing" approach... and learn to love and appreciate alcohol again for it's taste, it's social aspect once a week or so, and to not NEED it to assist with anxiety and escapism.

I would definitely like to try this approach first - to avoid potentially having an unnecessary monkey on my back.

I'm on your side
Old 23-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Krystalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic
Oh wow... goodness me.

So you don't drink at all now KrystalleSama? Did you go cold turkey?

How often were you drinking, if you don't mind me asking?
As opposed to many people, i think it is possible to drink *just a glass* at social events. I am there now, so i can do that. But it is easy for me to go overboard, and i always have to have someone there in those moments who knows about this, so they can make sure i dont do overdo it. I went thru the whole thing....no, it wasnt cold turkey, because i reacted really badly (my body did), and i still needed to function. Its amazing just how fast you can get addicted. I was drinking every day, but not alone. I get to go out alot, clubbing and many parties, and there were/are many temptations. And because many people do it you think its fine, but not all people react the same and some of them just dont care. I had to care or it would have ruined things for me.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:

I'm on your side

Good, I could use an E-Hug
Old 23-03-2012, 11:26 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
As opposed to many people, i think it is possible to drink *just a glass* at social events.

100% correct. It's also possible for a man to cut off his leg that is trapped underneth a boulder.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Loving_Soul

Big hugs darling friend - you are doing awesomely well and YES we are learning balance in everything we do including our "habits" lol xo
Old 23-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Enigmatic

Quote:
100% correct. It's also possible for a man to cut off his leg that is trapped underneth a boulder.

You are thinking a little absolutely, BL.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:30 PM
BeautifulLife

A true alcoholic when faced with moderate drinking either can't do it or can do it but at a GREAT struggle. When I say great I dont' mean like having to take the stairs because the elevator was out. Well not unless you're in a WHEEL CHAIR or it was 1500 flights of stairs. I' mean STRUGGLE where you feel like you are actually making a sacrifice OR rewarding yourself for resisting the behavor. When you say to yourself in your head "good job you did it" that says it all.