Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 30-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Master
Oh I am tired mac Sorry! Very very tired I should go to bed ay!

I am rabbiting on as us Aussies would say! yadda yaddda!!!!
I just feel relaxed talking on forum ... :)

I guess I dont like titles that seperate wonderful people .. I have meet many people in my life with varied gifts.. huge egos and highly competitive over who is more evolved .. which is Rubbish! So I dont like a title on what I feel is a gift .. its like calling me a doctor and some-one else does the operation . ( am I making sense??? Or should I snooze LOL)
It is a very hard road personally ..and there are periods of great blessings, which brings me to my knees in feeling unworthy.

love and light
Old 30-12-2010, 12:57 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Personally having known a couple of dozen quality Mediums who work the platform and who give private sittings, and having been in a very lucky position of having one as a mother I think I have a reasonable idea as to what an accomplished, respected, and highly skilled Medium is, I too am following this thread closely because it seems that different parts of the world have their idea as to what a Medium is and whether they "match up" to those who I presently know and have known.

G

I hope, my friend, that you, too, will contribute with what you understand mediums and mediumship to be....

As we both know, this field is one which is changing. The mediumship of yesteryear appears to be different from nowadays - perhaps that's an illusion?

I'm trying to get a handle on what is it right now for those individuals who see mediums and mediumship in a contemporary setting.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Master
You are lovely Mac

*hug*
Old 30-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Master
I actually do one simple thing . I pray a lot!
I pray I do no harm.. I pray my ego does not get involved..I pray that I do what is required of me. And I pray I can help!

Think I will listen to others now okay .. I am hidden away in my little spot on planet..I guess we all think different.

Love to all
xo
Old 30-12-2010, 01:15 PM
glenos

It is different and not as good as it used to be in times past. There are still some around who can astound with their accuracy. That's one part of Mediumship, the other is to be able to for example take a service and have "teachers" come through to pass on the higher teachings. The giving of messages to me is to reassure those loved ones left behind and to awaken the spark within enough to be able to say to oneself "hold on, that's impossible for them to know that" so a search begins and then it really begins! Fortune tellers are two a penny but instruments for higher teaching and communication are few and far between. Giving messages is one thing but bringing through higher beings as I call 'em is another. That to me is Mediumship.

G
Old 30-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Happyheart

I had a brief flirtation with mediumship a few years ago. I learned some harsh lessons on letting the ego get the better of me. Finally when I realised what was happening and how caught up in ego I was, I decided to pull the pin. I would like to develop the correct way, not on my own, but unfortunately the old fashioned way, through a true development circle, is not really an option in my neck of the woods in Oz.

Things might have been different if I was born into a family legacy of mediumship, but I was going it virtually alone, just with information from the internet. Not a good way to learn, lots of bogus info out there

xxxlove Happyheart
Old 30-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Master
Glenos I thought that is what every-one was saying?

That they were a vessel ( channel) and a empty one for the light? Also that they were helping others.. Mircules are Mircules and they dont come from us!
Today I had one .. I had a horrible thought .. I thought"my people are greedy and not many would do a unselfish act.. I was looking at the people and how they acted.. on my way home as I had this thought my car was nearly on empty. I thought there is no kindness left ( I am grieving presently so I can be strong for next few weeks when needed ).. Anyway as I had that thought my petrol gage went to half full.
lol
Thanks God
:)

:)
Old 30-12-2010, 01:41 PM
mac

We are wandering folks.....

What is mediumship, what are mediums, to you? What I suppose I'm really trying to do is to see how many follow the 'old' ways, how many are 'modern' mediums....whatever all that may mean!!

And that's just one problem - we often don't really know what we mean by 'medium' so then trying to speak about it means we make little solid progress.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Master
My Meaning of Medium is I just decided right this sec as thought popped in head.

Medium= the middle ground from heaven to earth
Old 30-12-2010, 01:44 PM
glenos

Were they saying that? I thought the question was can anyone be a medium which depends on your interpretation as to what a Medium is. Giving messages is half a medium in my book. Being able to do an address, a good and inspired higher teachings one, is real mediumship to me. Although having said that there are some seriously accurate evidential Ms doing the rounds and they too serve a purpose. I think it's all about service at the end of the day.
I have seen the best at work. It's a shame but many haven't because if they had there would be some very red faces around.

G