Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 28-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris

Welcome to Cowmageddon ...

Good link, dear Kris. Thank you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
And that is a quote worth remembering.

As I was reading the last few posts my attention was focused entirely on the issue of eating other animals. And then I saw this and while it applies so beautifully to the issue at hand, it also applies to all of us in all areas of our lives.

Wow.

There is no greater bar to spiritual progress than hardness of heart. --knightofalbion

So very very true actually.
Old 29-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Master

http://www.yidio.com/movie/forks-ove...uMaQod3h 4AwA

https://www.forksoverknives.com/the-fok-diet/
Old 29-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Master

More excellent links. Thank you, dear Kris.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Guide

It never fails to amaze me that this belief is still out there, and even worse, in real life. When you say you've been vegetarian for 40 years and get that look ... 'you're obviously lying', or 'you should be dead by now'

But it is a perfect example of how beliefs can be stuck ... no matter how irrational they are. The human race has a ways to go yet, I'm afraid.

Just an observation.
Old 14-05-2015, 06:46 PM
JoeNTMY

I considered pescetarianism myself. But I don't believe that fishing (as it is) is sustainable. You can eat very well as a vegetarian, provided you can be bothered to cook.
Old 21-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinivha
I have been thinking about going to a vegetarian diet and have read that many people that follow this diet for spiritual practices tend to find themselves later going into veganism. The only action i've taken to switch to vegetarian is eating way less meat.
I was talking to a friend and she suggested i try pescetarianism. I love fish so i was all for that lol so far i feel great but i wonder if it will still benefit me spiritually. Has anyone tried this diet? What would your opinions be?

I would like to think it would,simply because you are in the right direction. I had a friend go from pesca for a year and is now vegetarian but he's not very spiritual and so probably wouldn't be able to notice any spiritual benefits,though i do remember him telling me once he gave up land animals,he felt cleaner. Before becoming vegetarian many years ago,I didn't like seafood except tuna and also i'd have thought it was wrong,because it's still eating animals so that's never a direction i would've went. i mean,i used to think fishing was wrong as a child before anyone told me it was,and i still don't even really like fish as animals. My favorite animal is in fact very carnivorous(cats). It's just for me,I followed what felt right. If the click is not there for you yet to be become vegetarian or vegan,then i'd say yes,definitely go pesca! It's actually a great transition step imo to a plant based diet,though i know some abolitionists may disagree.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 06-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Pathfinder

It's really shocking when you wake up a little and begin to look at all the food in restaurants and go into a grocery store. Nearly everything is about poorly treated or tortured dead animals. It's almost impossible to find vegetarian heat 'em ups other than Amy's or a few others. There's always that teeny tiny section in the freezers, while isle after isle is all dead animals. Then there's the smallish produce area, and miles of cut up dead animals and dairy products. It's like something out of a horror show.

What's even more amazing is that in the old days I never gave any of that a thought. My Zen practice totally changed my awareness level. Once you begin to wake up you can never go back to seeing what you want to see, or being unaware.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Seeker

For me, eating fish is not a vegetarian diet! I'm still amazed at the number of people who believe themselves to be vegetarian because they don't eat land animals, but love a piece of fish every now and again, and adore lobster.
I went on a fishing boat, just for a ride with friends...I never knew until that day that the reason our lovely white-fleshed cod isn't laced with coagulated black veins and arteries is because they have their gills cut with scissors so they can bleed out...and that's exactly how each and every fish met its end that day, flapping around, gasping for oxygen, whilst it bled out in the keel!
Some people view pescatarianism as a first step, but I can't make that link for myself.
I do think you are making the first steps, however, just by being on a forum like this, putting your thoughts on the table, so good for you!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Knower

Fish was the last animal product I cut out of my diet before going full vegan. I saw the suffering of fish as less important than that of land animals. Part of the trouble with advocating against fish consumption is that fish are not generally seen as cute or sympathetic.