Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-12-2010, 03:19 AM
Experiencer
Psychoslice,

That song that you posted, the one that "says it all".

Let us use a songwriter, as an analogy.
When a singer writes a song.
Does he "become" the song?

No, obviously not, because a human being, a human soul and a piece of music are 2 very different things.

Now, from the song, you can "sense" the soul. You can have impressions of that soul, that has made this music.

But inside of the song or art, is not the substance of the artist himself, but rather the fruits, let us say, the spirit is inside of the art.

But you will not find the painter, INSIDE OF THE PAINTING.
You can know a lot about the painter's soul.
But if break apart the canvas, all you will find, will be just that. Dry paint, and a broken canvas.
You will not find a single drop of human DNA, from the painter who painted that portrait.

The artist, is not found INSIDE of his work.

I write songs. I am not in my songs. But my songs definitely tell a story about who I am.

God has created everything. But I doubt very much, that God is IN EVERYTHING.

Much like we are not literally, a part of our creations.

God, is the Supreme Creator. And from His Creations, we can sense the power of This Great Soul.

Some of God's Creations: The Universe, Life, Everything. The human soul.

There is nothing to support your claim, that God is in everything, and that we are ALL God.

This is just an opinion. A "New Age" perspective.
A very commonly held perspective.

Something that is commonly accepted, even by a majority,
does not automatically make it true.
Old 17-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
Psychoslice,

That song that you posted, the one that "says it all".

Let us use a songwriter, as an analogy.
When a singer writes a song.
Does he "become" the song?

No, obviously not, because a human being, a human soul and a piece of music are 2 very different things.
Not a bad try but I think pure Being is much more than a song, it is the song the song writer its the guitar its the microphone there is nothing that it is not. You keep putting yourself separate from God, I can't understand why ?.

DivineLove There is nothing to support your claim, that God is in everything, and that we are ALL God.

There is nothing to support your claim either, do you believe that this God that you speak of is a man, like us ?, I just want to know where you are coming from ?.
Old 17-12-2010, 03:37 AM
papadan

Quote:
Papadan,

Very well written. All very true.
DivineLove, I appreciate your original post. The topic is most interesting and has raised interesting comments.
Old 17-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Not a bad try but I think pure Being is much more than a song, it is the song the song writer its the guitar its the microphone there is nothing that it is not. You keep putting yourself separate from God, I can't understand why ?.

DivineLove There is nothing to support your claim, that God is in everything, and that we are ALL God.

There is nothing to support your claim either, do you believe that this God that you speak of is a man, like us ?, I just want to know where you are coming from ?.

My friend, I will tell you exactly, and sincerely where I am coming from.

The last 10 years, I've spent with Eastern stuff. Yoga, meditation, etc. 3 years, with Advaita Vedanta, the yoga of consciousness. I reached Self-Realization. Lived in pure awareness for some time.

Then I came across these teachings, which are the channeled teachings of Jesus and the Celestial Spirits.
In this book, the man, Jesus, whom I was not even sure existed, because I never trusted the church.
In this book, that same spirit, explains some of the deepest Truths, about God, about the different spirit realms, about the soul, God's Attributes, soul mates.
Literally everything.

Until this book, I held the same perspective you had. We are all a part of God. All are one. All kinds of new age/Eastern philosophies.

Then in this book, Jesus breaks it down, and explains things with a logic and authority, that I have never heard any other living soul express.

So much so, that I abandoned the Eastern stuff, feeling how inconsequential it was, compared to actually receiving the Very Substance of God's Divine Love, within my soul.
Which I pray for, every day.

The Eastern stuff, all of these are called, NATURAL PRACTICES.
They do not lead to God's Divine Substance or His Divine Love.
They lead to Natural rewards. Calm mind. Pure awareness.
If you stay immersed in pure awareness, the mind drops, and when
the mind drops, time also drops away completely, and what you are
left with, is one endless, uninterrupted moment of NOW.
A constant NOW. Hard to explain.
But it is all part of a "natural" practice.

What Jesus, was teaching in the bible 2000 years ago.
Is exactly what he teaches in this book, that I found, published in the 1920's, by a medium named Mr. James E. Padgett.

What Jesus teaches, is not a "natural" practice.
It is a Divine Path.
Which leads to God's Divine Love.

When I compare the teachings within the bible, and the ones in this book, although 2000 years have gone by, and this book reveals many more things about the spirit world.

The author, is unmistakable.

You would know Jesus, you would sense his wisdom, if you read it.

And it is he that says, that in none of his Father's Creations, is there a single drop of God, or His Divine Substance.

Although I used to believe the opposite, I yield to a Higher Wisdom, when I sense it.

I cannot fault you for holding to your viewpoint. As I held the same, for a very long time.

But that has since changed. And I have revealed the cause, and the source.
So you can know, precisely where I am coming from.
Old 17-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Master
Hi DivineLove, for one thing I don't have beliefs, also I or apparently I also have disappeared into pure Awareness which is labeled Enlightenment, you say that you are Self-realized ?, I find this odd, why would you be Self-Realized and still trying to find God through Jesus ?. Enlightenment is doing away with all these belief systems and ideologies and just resting into what IS. Also it seems to me that you never really understood the teaching of the Eastern teachings, if you had you would have known that they say the very things that Jesus supposedly said, in fact it has been proven that all that Jesus said was stolen from many other scriptures long before Jesus ever existed. I don't want to carry on arguing over beliefs but with your belief you can make life of others confusing and leaving them never knowing of their true SELF.
Old 17-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi DivineLove, for one thing I don't have beliefs, also I or apparently I also have disappeared into pure Awareness which is labeled Enlightenment, you say that you are Self-realized ?, I find this odd, why would you be Self-Realized and still trying to find God through Jesus ?. Enlightenment is doing away with all these belief systems and ideologies and just resting into what IS. Also it seems to me that you never really understood the teaching of the Eastern teachings, if you had you would have known that they say the very things that Jesus supposedly said, in fact it has been proven that all that Jesus said was stolen from many other scriptures long before Jesus ever existed. I don't want to carry on arguing over beliefs but with your belief you can make life of others confusing and leaving them never knowing of their true SELF.
i have to agree...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 17-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

Psychoslice,

Being immersed in pure awareness, is a place you can live out of. Many people do.
This is as far as this natural practice will take you.

If you have never felt God's Love, than you cannot know how empty pure awareness is, by comparison.
This is why you think that I don't understand the Eastern stuff.

Self-Realization, is nothing.
If you yourself, are Self-Realized, then you must know, that there is nothing really significant about it. "Before Enlightenment, chop wood, carry firewood. After Enlightenment, chop wood, carry firewood."
Pure Awareness is calm, serene, distilled. There is a natural peace that can be found from this practice.

Forming a relationship with God is on a whole other level.
Praying, receiving from God, His Divine Love, into your soul.
This is the Highest form of spirituality.
Connecting with the most powerful Being in all of existence, and then receiving His Love.

Nothing can compare to God's Love.

But you cannot know exactly what I mean, because as you said, you don't have any beliefs. Hopefully that may change, over time.

God's Divine Love, is not a belief. It is a practice, which you engage in by praying to God. The Holy Spirit delivers God's Divine Love into your soul. You feel it. Your behavior changes, your outlook on life changes.
When you don't have the Father's Love, you feel that also.

I did not believe either Psychoslice. But then I came across these teachings, followed the instructions, on how to seek God's Love, to flow into my soul, as taught by Jesus, and the results, are far greater and more rewarding, than any natural practice can bring.

Stay immersed in pure awareness. Stay where ever you please. Whatever makes you happy, whatever feels true for you!

But don't make the mistake of thinking that you can ascend to the Highest Heavens, or reach your full spiritual potential, without forming a relationship with God.

In your quest for the Greatest Attainment, God cannot be bypassed.
It is just not possible.

So if you have attained to somewhere, and it does not involve God, then you can be certain, that it is not the Highest Attainment.
Merely a natural one.

Realizing the Self, is realizing nothing. You realize that, which has always been present, moment to moment, naturally present, always rooted in the present moment of now.

Forming a relationship with God, is the beginning of Eternal Life.
Old 17-12-2010, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Psychoslice,
Being immersed in pure awareness, is a place you can live out of. Many people do.
This is as far as this natural practice will take you.

If you have never felt God's Love, than you cannot know how empty pure awareness is, by comparison.
This is why you think that I don't understand the Eastern stuff. ...
Jesus isnt necessary for this, it's fine if this way works for you, but Jesus has no copyright on the state of consciousness or God, and all eastern paths are not "natural" ones only...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 17-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Master
I;m sorry DivineLove but you miss the point all together, Self, or inner Being is what you call God, Gods love is who I AM, there is no God sitting somewhere in the sky waiting to dish out love to everyone who ask, we are love, love is not an emotion, that is secondary to true LOVE. I don't think you really know what it is to be so called Awakened ?, but thats fine its not a race.
In case you don't understand beliefs are only concepts, their our perception of what we believe to be, the belief in God means nothing but to enter God or pure Being is to be that, God, or LOVE whatever you want to call it, because whatever you do call it, thats not what it is. But I can see you are immersed in your beliefs and you are trying to spread that belief, so there is nothing anyone could ever say that you, that you will give at least some thought to. I do hope you can find what you are after and in the end there is no such thing as Enlightenment, so it doesn't really matter what you do, or don't do.
Old 17-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Master
Am I the only person who finds it absurd that the entire intro to this thread is a quote from a book, described as the "Channeled Writings of Jesus"?