Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
The termite is the same thing as the humming bird. ITs obviously possible, and there are very delicate balances in natuer, although nature works to work in several layers and back ups. IF that termite species dies, the whole ecosystem wont collapse. What about polluting water so fish die? Thats the same principle as removing one termite or one thing. Just because what youve read cant exaplain it properly, or understand it doesnt mean its god.

You , like many natralist, must replace God with nature, evolution, science or something; anything but God. There exist a spirit that looks to discredit God as creator, and give that credit over to nature, rocks and chemicals. Not only Atheist, but Naturalist and nuetralist. In my view, it was God himself who set these forces against him, because he wanted oppisition to him.
Old 24-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Master
One thought that comes to mind is an image is a copy that resembles the original. It is not the same as the original as it is only a 2 dimensional copy.

Maybe we are like god in a way but have been created with qualities missing that god and angels have.
Old 24-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
One thought that comes to mind is an image is a copy that resembles the original. It is not the same as the original as it is only a 2 dimensional copy.

Maybe we are like god in a way but have been created with qualities missing that god and angels have.

Well I believe we are like God in consciousness, in that we think. In my view, the simularity probally ends there. God is not human, he does not even think like a human. He is so far from what we are, it simply cannot be imagined; hes beyond us. One scripture states that a human couldnot even look at God - and live to survive that look.

Now thats incredible! One look, and your dead! Good greif, its just baffling. God would have to prepare a human first, do something to them to substain even a mere look at him.

Thats just hard to imagine, and whatever God looks like, it can't be anything like us.
Old 24-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Master
When the human looks at god they die, they die to their carnal self, the self they thought they were, now they are a living god, to look at god you must go within your whole Being, only there will you know your true Nature, God.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
When the human looks at god they die, they die to their carnal self, the self they thought they were, now they are a living god, to look at god you must go within your whole Being, only there will you know your true Nature, God.

Well I disagree, no human is now, nor will ever be a God; I simply do not believe that. There is only one God, and he stands alone as God.

And I will say this; the only way a human could even possibly rid themselves of a carnal nature, is God would have to do it for them. Butr if God did that for a human, he would have to humble them, because if he didnot, they would start thinking they are a god.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Well I disagree, no human is now, nor will ever be a God; I simply do not believe that. There is only one God, and he stands alone as God.

And I will say this; the only way a human could even possibly rid themselves of a carnal nature, is God would have to do it for them. Butr if God did that for a human, he would have to humble them, because if he didnot, they would start thinking they are a god.

The problem is that you have decided who is and is not God, You give God its identity. You will always experience your pre-conception of god. Most of our reality is subject to how we interpret it.

If you take the time to investigate the reality of God, beyond how you think and conceive of God, you might find that the distance between you and God is purely a function of how you think. Your thought process creates the experience of distance and separation. When you bring yourself into a direct experience of the Essence of God, there's a point where you trip and fall in and get absorbed into his being and then you realize that his being is your own being.

How can anything less than God every truly recognize God? Sit with that question. It takes God to know God. So if you see God truly, then you are God. If you do not see truly, then you don't know God and it would behoove you to abandon all concepts and thoughts of God and simple engage a search and inquiry into the direct experience of God, if you start to look closely at those thoughts of separation, the presumption that you and God are not the same, those thoughts waver and begin to dissolve. You are assuming you are not God based on how you pre-conceive the idea of God.

Shed the pre-conceptions and immerse yourself in the experience and presence of God. Once immersed, then ask yourself is God's presence truly different than your own?

We are each a face of God, but we have lost that understanding in thinking that we are something different, other than, less than God.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
The problem is that you have decided who is and is not God,

incredible sentence, Topology
Quote:
How can anything less than God every truly recognize God?

Good question

the question is, if we say, we are God why we are facing problems and sorrow?
Old 24-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
the question is, if we say, we are God why we are facing problems and sorrow?

Another excellent question. One that can't be answered in words or concepts, one that can only be answered individually by looking into our own attachments and sources of our own suffering. It is through understanding ourselves as human beings that we begin to understand how other human beings work.

I can speak as to why I used to have sorrow and don't experience much sorrow any more. But the work I did was individually transformative. It wasn't about words or a conceptual understanding, it was about truly examining myself, my motives, my assumptions and then challenging them. Learning how to let my expectations and demands of others, of the world, of God go. Through the release of my expectations and the work I put into understanding myself and others, I began to experience a less sorrowful state. It takes work and time. Words don't facilitate it by themselves.

Its not enough to say we are God, we have to Realize it and Be that realization. We have to see its truth first. And this is coming from someone who used to think along the lines of Atheism.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Its not enough to say we are God, we have to Realize it

Topology, it is the fact, God has no need to realize but we have
Old 24-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
Topology, it is the fact, God has no need to realize but we have

You are right, there is that distinction, but that doesn't make us truly separate from God. God doesn't think and conceive the way humans do. He doesn't have a mind like ours which has been conditioned through individual experience. If anything I'd say God is mind-less. So there is no conception or preconception within God's mind which needs to be shed. In order for us to realize that God's mind is sitting below the surface of our own mind, we have to shed the pre-conceptions and return our minds to an unconditioned state (as much as possible).