Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-02-2022, 05:37 AM
skyman

I don't believe reincarnation yet,..

but people say,..

you can decide who you can incarnate to (I think ALex Collier (.org) said so ).

you will go to heaven if you are good person, and reincarnate if you are not good enough, to improve yourself (I think John Lear said so), and people will be judged according to their religion (this part sounds truely nonsense).

If this is all fake, is there any agenda behind this all, like creating a technoreligion.
I don't know, but there are very humble honest sounding people saying such spiritual things (Ashayana Deane, not sure about reincarnation).
Old 09-05-2022, 05:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
This is both terrifying and depressing me.

Calm down.

Look, if you really look at the dominating religious history you'll find it's nothing but made up stories ... and reincarnation is one of those stories.

According to the late Professor Leopold Fischer (AKA Swami Agehananda Bharati) who was asked this question:

Q: How old is the idea of reincarnation and where does it come from?

Bharati: In its present form, the way people talk about it today, it is quite
old, but it's not as old as people hope it would be. You have only a
vestigial or marginal mention of something like transmigration in the older
sections of the Veda. There is the first complete mention, though very
brief, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which is quite old. But the real
assumptions having to do with reincarnation come in the Puranic age, at
the time that the Puranas were composed, and then of course, through
Buddhism. So you might say that it reached a state of common acceptance,
I would think, around 300 B.C., but not earlier. So it is old, but in its
highly articulated form it is not so old — and the way it's talked about
now, that's recent; that's "Theosophical Society."

You should also take a look-see at this:
https://mythbusterx.wordpress.com/20...-in-the-vedas/
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Old 09-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So you dislike the idea of having to reincarnate because you are afraid of what you might suffer.
Most people who are awake do not want to have to come back to this horrible place because it most likely will not be in the 40s,50s it will be after 2022 (Or whenever they die)
Old 09-05-2022, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Most people who are awake do not want to have to come back to this horrible place......
I suppose you mean alive in this world when you used the word "awake"...... I hope I can reassure you - and anyone else who's afraid - that NOBODY will have to come back to this physical world. If we do return it's because we will have chosen to do so.

Teachers and guides have taught that life incarnate is sought for the accelerated spiritual progress it provides. It's not a punishment, not something we have to do.

Yes I understand when you call it horrible but there is so much you may not be aware of. The notion of reincarnation - further lifetimes - is greatly misunderstood like so many issues considered in isolation, without an overall understanding of life, death and what follows.
Old 09-05-2022, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Q: How old is the idea of reincarnation and where does it come from?
Bharati: ...There is the first complete mention, though very brief, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which is quite old.
Can we really date the earliest ideas of reincarnation? Such texts may provide the first written records still in existence, but presumably there was a long history of oral teachings before these texts were written.

Peace
Old 09-05-2022, 10:11 PM
Master
I myself don't believe in reincarnation. I believe we have one life and one life only and we need to make the most of it while we're here.
utopia
Old 09-05-2022, 10:38 PM
Master

I did not read most of the replies so I do not know what they said. I think if you cannot do anything about it then do not worry about it. We have this life to live and it is pointless worrying about what might or might not happen in the next life. Worrying about it can cause anxiety, stress and depression. Make the most of this life and be the best person you can be. If you do that then there is nothing to worry about. Enjoy this life and get on with it.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:52 PM
Master
When I die that will be the end of my journey, I don't believe in reincarnation at all. Life is so short why waste it on thing's that don't matter in the here and now. Enjoy life and what you have to the fullest whilst you are able too. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Arohanui utopia
Old 10-05-2022, 05:59 AM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I suppose you mean alive in this world when you used the word "awake"......
Actually no mate I mean those who are aware of the real reality of this world and how things really are and are not a slave to the system....
Old 10-05-2022, 06:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Actually no mate I mean those who are aware of the real reality of this world and how things really are and are not a slave to the system....
I suppose I'd see myself as being aware of the reality of this physical world yet I experience none of the fear some contributors appear to be experiencing.

I don't know which system I might be accused of being a slave to but generally my ideas are shaped by principles that underpin my overall approach to life, death and what follows. If they can be shown to be unreliable I'll review that approach.

I would never claim I'm aware of the "real reality" of this world but I'm pretty confident I'm not a slave to any particular system. blessings