Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 13-04-2011, 11:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I always wondered about that,Mac.

I have a strong feeling about you if you put your mind to it,I feel you would make a very good medium!

Deepsea

It's been remarked before but what if I didn't want to....

I'm a free-spirit, a free-thinker who'll challenge anything and everything that doesn't 'ring true'. Wouldn't be able to do that were I more intimately involved.

Have you heard the saying "Can't see the wood for the trees?" That's how it can be for a psychic/spiritual practitioner of whatever sort - too close to the 'stuff' to be able to see the big picture....
Old 13-04-2011, 03:03 PM
deepsea

Um! I have my suspicions,Mac.

J.
Old 13-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Are you heading off-topic, N?

Of course I am you wouldnt expect anything less To be honest I just got a push to share this.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Enya

I think you're limiting mediumship a tad Mac, by confining it to disincarnate communications. When a person is comatose in some way, their spirit/soul is quite free to roam where it will and thus, it's perfectly plausible for them to be directed toward a medium to pass on a message. Those who are aware of the simplicity of the spiritual vibrations can tap into that knowledge and use it to their advantage.
Evidential mediumship is only one level of what can be achieved.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:39 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
I think you're limiting mediumship a tad Mac, by confining it to disincarnate communications. When a person is comatose in some way, their spirit/soul is quite free to roam where it will and thus, it's perfectly plausible for them to be directed toward a medium to pass on a message. Those who are aware of the simplicity of the spiritual vibrations can tap into that knowledge and use it to their advantage.
Evidential mediumship is only one level of what can be achieved.

It's not I who's limiting anything..... This is evidential mediumship as found in Modern Spiritualism. (I'm merely a mouthpiece for the principle.) If you're not a Modern Spiritualist you may not understand why I say what I do.

Your assertion about a spirit form being free to roam during coma is unsubstantiated - where is your evidence?

I defined the mediumship I understand - it's up to you to define yours if you feel my version is limiting.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Of course I am you wouldnt expect anything less To be honest I just got a push to share this.

Did you find the additional info you said you'd supply later if you could?
Old 14-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Did you find the additional info you said you'd supply later if you could?

Not had chance yet,builders in the house this week. I have yet to visit the nurse who attended him. She has many experiences about patients and what happened before they passed, which she doesnt really talk about, so Im humbled she shared them with me.

Can I take you up on the concept of digression though? I often find that a good digression can often lead back to the original point, a full circle. I do understand though that it can go waaay off track though. Just my two cents
Old 14-04-2011, 08:54 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Not had chance yet,builders in the house this week. I have yet to visit the nurse who attended him. She has many experiences about patients and what happened before they passed, which she doesnt really talk about, so Im humbled she shared them with me.

Can I take you up on the concept of digression though? I often find that a good digression can often lead back to the original point, a full circle. I do understand though that it can go waaay off track though. Just my two cents

OK - I'll look forward to what you have to report later.

I'm pleased to hear that going off-topic works in that way for you. And a quick diversion before returning to the main path does little harm....

But as a regular forum contributor on many websites I see that many members often will pick up on a side issue and the original topic discussion point is quickly lost.

Sometimes that doesn't matter but at other times it's frustrating when no actual discussion has taken place.
Old 14-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Enya

No, I'm not a 'modern spritualist' - I'm just a medium who's learning through experience. I have a vague memory of passing on a message from a lady with altzheimers but can't seem to access it at present. Personally, if you accept that our spirit is free to roam while our body rests, then surely the same applies in a more serious comatose state, especially if the person concerned has some subconsious control over their etheric state. I may have someone who may be able to provide an answer or two, if I remember to call her...
Old 14-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Experiencer
I think everyone will have different answers to this question. I haven't read the entirety of the thread, but I will say that I think terminology is a difficult thing to manage when discussing spirituality. We try to put classifications on things in a way which makes sense to us as physical beings (categories such as dead people, aliens, angels, guides etc) when I don't think such classifications really exist in the spirit world. All living things are spirit, no matter if or how they existed in the physical, or whether they currently inhabit it or not.

I often use the word mediumship to refer to my own experience because it is the term I think others understand most easily in relation to spirit communication, but I am not a dead-person-to-living-person communicator. My spirit communication is mostly with guides who have technically been incarnate at one time, but are not people who I or anyone I know have known in the physical. I have also communicated with spirit beings who have never been incarnate or who have been incarnate as non-human beings, and had telepathic experiences with animals, plants and living human beings. I suppose communication with living beings falls under the term telepathy, but I don't really see these things as seperate skills - it is all communcation through the same channel so far as I am concerned, and to use different classifications seems to me a bit like wanting to use different words for the telephone depending on whether you are using it to talk to your mum or your Auntie Mildred. I have no objection to others doing so, but I don't find it helpful for myself.

Should there be a different word for people who communicate with spirits in ways other than via traditional mediumship? I suppose I would suggest using the term to encompass whatever you would like it to encompass, so long as you explain your usage to others.