Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-03-2020, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
This is a great question I think. I've puzzled about what a chakra is for a long time. Recently I concluded that it has to be something related to a rotational standing wave. Or a rotation induced by standing waves of either the kundalini or the physiology.

I do not know of any mechanical instrumentation that can measure the energy motion of a chakra. The best way to measure a chakra is through another person's body maybe assisted by a pendulum. But that would not stand up very well to traditional scientific investigation.

I thought maybe a chakra is a form of strange attractor. A phenomena that repeats in chaotic yet bounded patterns. After some searching I found one that seems like it would be a reasonable representation of a chakra.

https://brain.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp/~kan...Duffing2Movie/

The modelling movie starts as a dot to trace the energy. Then it shows an expanded pattern of rotation and also of two connected vortexes. The common model for a chakra is very much like this. Except it is usually oversimplified as two cones connected together. I don't fully understand the model but I think they are saying this is the effect of two pendulums interacting. So that would be two pendulum-like energy patterns. Perhaps the kundalini patterns of Shiva and Shakti?

Now returning to the question of how many chakras there are. My answer is that it depends, as chakras are an effect of the energy motion. They may be nodes like those that occur in a flute. And both the rotation and strength may very depending on the patterns of the system. If the strength was very low then it would be nearly invisible. I have seen models where there are many chakras in various locations body.

Examining what a chakra is a bit further, just taking one of the major ones, the heart, perhaps it can fruitfully be seen as this:

Quote:
Sri Ramana talked a lot about residing in the Self, the great being, the divine consciousness, God, the larger I. He called this the Heart. And now we find that the physical heart in the body is related to a uniting point in the body where different realms of consciousness come together in a holonomic intersection.

The highest Vedantic vision of the Divine is a ‘field’. Krishna says in the Gita “I am the field and the knower of the field.” Quantum physics says that beneath matter is a sub-manifest realm where the information and energy and and consciousness and potential exists in a unified field. This appears to be where Ramana spent a lot of his time, fully plugged into the Unified Field that he called the Heart, the Self, God...

This vision of a unified field of consciousness as Self perfectly lines up to the best models physics can come up with.

Different realms of consciousness may be mental consciousness rising through the pingala side channel, emotional consciousness rising through the ida side channel, and kundalini consciousness rising through the centre channel and staying in the heart centre. When these channels and consciousnesses are not flowing freely, the heart chakra may be seen as ‘under-utilised’. Ramana always talked about kundalini in the heart as the true centre, and the true Self. I think there is more, that there is also a head centre, but just examining one centre is enough for the moment.
Old 25-03-2020, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
#1 is an obstruction, filtered by issues and fears, trapped in the ego self.

So, all 4 are wrong.

When that happens, stop thinking you know all the answers when you are not enlightened and maybe learn from those teachings from masters who are/were.

Just an idea.

This is how it looks

1) you're wrong

2) tell him want to do

3) snarky outro.
Old 25-03-2020, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
This is how it looks

1) you're wrong

2) tell him want to do

3) snarky outro.

The Buddhist which I know, which you claim are not Buddhist, are not this judgmental.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-03-2020, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Buddhist which I know, which you claim are not Buddhist, are not this judgmental.

Regard him as one who
points out
treasure,
the wise one who
seeing your faults
rebukes you.

Stay with this sort of sage.

For the one who stays
with a sage of this sort,
things get better,
not worse.
— Dhp 76

Being judgemental is not always deemed wrong according to the Buddha.
Old 26-03-2020, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
This is how it looks

1) you're wrong

2) tell him want to do

3) snarky outro.

Do you think he is on the right path as far as Buddhism is concerned?

Do you think the is highly advanced and has a deep realization?

What would help him the most, encouraging him to continue on with his beliefs and not do any practices or to challenge him, to get him to learn and to practice? Which one of those two options could have the most positive impact on his life?

Now, my friends would tell me to ignore him, to not bother, all I am doing is making myself look bad. I would rather look bad and help someone than to ignore them and let them continue being lost.

Maybe you disagree with me or just don't like my means. Probably both. (snarky outro)
Old 26-03-2020, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
The title of this thread is energy in Buddhism. It could also be called energy of people who post. Really the energy of posters is reflected in their posts. Whether or not one labels it "Buddhist" it is obvious people are entertaining various energies and these are reflected in what they are thinking or posting or doing or even experiencing this now to be. A person manifesting Buddha nature energy is non-judgmental and kind. Loving all! Accepting all!

I know about the energy of a person from a post. I believe you learned that from me as I am the only one to have ever mentioned it within these threads multiple times. As one progresses along the path one can "know" a lot about others. Not a seeing, or a feeling but a direct knowing.

Quote:
Really such an energy is what we really are, so limiting this reality to a concept that it is held within a teaching or a particular religion is not very instructive. We already have it, we already ARE it! If you are not aware of it, not experiencing it, not manifesting it, not projecting it, that's ok. We are where we are. We understand what we understand, we are aware of what we are aware of. Don't be harsh towards others or ourselves! Really that's a big part of some of this negative energy. We direct it towards ourselves, judge ourselves, then we project this self torture onto others. I'm not ok so you are not ok. That's the general phenomena. So love and accept ourselves unconditionally. Forgive ourselves. Acknowledge we have made mistakes, acted out of ignorance, hurt or mistreated others out of ignorance. But in this moment I can be free of judgement and empty. Manifesting only love. This is the gold in this moment and forever and there is no limit to how much of this divine love we can embrace and through that share.

As one progresses and has truly realized that energy it can be direct shared with others, they are that energy and it is a sharing of oneness. Many things can be done with intent alone.

For you, you are not feeling my energy. What you are confusing energy is your emotional response to my post. My post hit an upset/obstruction that felt negative.

That in spiritual terms is what you need to work on. You shouldn't feel upset in any way but if you do you need to view it as an opportunity to work within yourself. That you have things you to work on and I just served something up, something for you to notice so that you can work on letting it go.

Next you actually need some tools, some means to get to the point of being able to first work on issues then letting them go which is why I suggest you study from the Masters. Not some intellectual study but learn some actual practices.

Notice the two different responses. You are projecting what you think I am feeling or what my issues are and then tell me to think happy thoughts, be nice.

People that are trying to help a drug addict are not viewed as nice when they don't give them money. They can be viewed a cruel.

Hmm, let me ask you. What practices do you do?
Old 26-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Examining what a chakra is a bit further, just taking one of the major ones, the heart, perhaps it can fruitfully be seen as this:

Different realms of consciousness may be mental consciousness rising through the pingala side channel, emotional consciousness rising through the ida side channel, and kundalini consciousness rising through the centre channel and staying in the heart centre. When these channels and consciousnesses are not flowing freely, the heart chakra may be seen as ‘under-utilised’. Ramana always talked about kundalini in the heart as the true centre, and the true Self. I think there is more, that there is also a head centre, but just examining one centre is enough for the moment.

You need to think of it as stages of realization.
The heart chakra is one of the first to open. It is the most important chakra to open. It is about being able to think of others before self. Once it is open one is also able to feel energy. When the heart opens it can be a very beautiful thing. Ekert Tolle had a heart opening that was very powerful. People confuse it with him being awakened, it was just a powerful heart opening. Mine was much the same.

Kundalini is associated with energy, with rising energy. You hear people talk about having a kundalini awakening. It happens when someone opens their heart. At a deeper level Kundalini is also called universal consciousness or the Heart.

So first one has a physical heart, then they get to the point of opening their heart chakra, feel energy/kundalini, realize they are that energy, universal consciousness/kundalini/heart.

Here is an example of the deeper meaning of the Heart.

Quote:
The Heart of Siva

The Heart, says Abhinavagupta, is the very Self of Siva, of Bhairava,

and of the Devi, the Goddess who is inseparable from Siva. Indeed,

the Heart is the site of their union (yamala), of their embrace (samghatta).

This abode is pure consciousness (caitanya) as well as unlimited bliss

(ananda). As consciousness the Heart is the unbounded, infinite light

(prakasa) as well as the freedom (svatantrya) and spontaneity (vimarsa)

of that light to appear in a multitude and variety of forms. The Heart,

says Abhinavagupta, is the sacred fire-pit of Bhairava.1

The Heart is the Ultimate (anuttara) which is both utterly transcendent

to (visvottirna) and yet totally immanent in (visvamaya) all created things.

It is the ultimate essence (sara). Thus, the Heart embodies the paradoxical

nature of Siva and is therefore a place of astonishment (camatkara), sheer

wonder (vismaya), and ineffable mystery. The Heart is the fullness and

unboundedness of Siva (purnatva), the plenum of being that overflows

continuously into manifestation. At the same time, it is also an inconceivable

emptiness (sunyatisunya).2 The Heart is the unbounded and

universal Self
(purnahanta).

The Heart of Siva is not a static or inert absolute, however. In fact,

the non-dual Kashmir Shaiva tradition considers it to be in a state of

perpetual movement, a state of vibration (spanda)3 in which it is continuously

contracting and expanding (samkoca-vikasa), opening and closing

(unmesa-nimesa), trembling (ullasita), quivering (sphurita), throbbing,

waving, and sparkling (ucchalata). The intensity and speed of this move

ment is such that paradoxically it is simultaneously a perfect dynamic

stillness.4

The tradition states that the Heart is the enormous ocean (ambunidhi),

the ocean of light, the ocean of consciousness. The waters of consciousness

that in man are broken by countless polarizing and divisive waves (urmi)

may be easily brought to a state of dynamic stillness by the process of

immersion or absorption (samdvesa) in the Heart.

Beautiful stuff from a realized Master.
Old 26-03-2020, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
You need to think of it as stages of realization.
The heart chakra is one of the first to open. It is the most important chakra to open. It is about being able to think of others before self. Once it is open one is also able to feel energy. When the heart opens it can be a very beautiful thing. Ekert Tolle had a heart opening that was very powerful. People confuse it with him being awakened, it was just a powerful heart opening. Mine was much the same.

Kundalini is associated with energy, with rising energy. You hear people talk about having a kundalini awakening. It happens when someone opens their heart. At a deeper level Kundalini is also called universal consciousness or the Heart.

So first one has a physical heart, then they get to the point of opening their heart chakra, feel energy/kundalini, realize they are that energy, universal consciousness/kundalini/heart.

Here is an example of the deeper meaning of the Heart.

Beautiful stuff from a realized Master.

Yeah, I’m old school, do all the work preparing first, clear obstructions, which takes many many years, and the heart will follow. Not as one of the first things, but one of the last. Reading floridly poetic words about the heart doesn’t actually open the heart IMHO, to me words like these are not deep, they’re just another ego attachment to get caught up in with the mind.
Old 26-03-2020, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you think he is on the right path as far as Buddhism is concerned?

Do you think the is highly advanced and has a deep realization?

What would help him the most, encouraging him to continue on with his beliefs and not do any practices or to challenge him, to get him to learn and to practice? Which one of those two options could have the most positive impact on his life?

Now, my friends would tell me to ignore him, to not bother, all I am doing is making myself look bad. I would rather look bad and help someone than to ignore them and let them continue being lost.

Maybe you disagree with me or just don't like my means. Probably both. (snarky outro)

Are you in control of lost souls or aware your lost trying to control something you have lost touch with yourself?

When you understand yourself as the lost soul, who’s no longer lost, the view changes remarkably. From one of, “I need to help you to not be lost” -“I need to help myself so I am not lost in this”

The support towards others is now viewed through your new awareness and what might you perceive that could be?

What moves do you feel you might take then?
Old 26-03-2020, 11:45 PM
Master
[quote]
Quote:
I know about the energy of a person from a post. I believe you learned that from me as I am the only one to have ever mentioned it within these threads multiple times. As one progresses along the path one can "know" a lot about others. Not a seeing, or a feeling but a direct knowing.

Direct knowing- without full realisation of a bigger picture that is ongoing,becomes what kind of direct knowing?

Last edited by JustBe : 27-03-2020 at 02:07 AM.