Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 10-06-2014, 07:56 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
My mother brought me up Christian and I always hated going to church. I stopped eventually and that was when I went through my atheistic stage. But then I had my awakening and now I consider myself spiritual. I don't believe in religion.. but for some people I think it gives them guidelines so they sort of know where to look. Ultimately though we have to find our own path to God outside of the structure of religion. That's when it becomes a relationship with you and the Divine. That is what I consider spiritual.

Religion is about following rules and blindly believing things in the name of 'faith' to save you from your own fear of the unknown. It's also tied up in excessive drama and politics, ect. It makes a good starting point maybe for younger souls.. but eventually it gets boring. Being spiritual is like spending quality time with a person you love.. religion is like working super hard for a boss you've never really met because you think it'll make him notice you and give you a promotion.

My take on it anyway.

Edit: My understanding of the word religious here is heavily based on my experiences with Chistendom and as I was reading some of the comments above me I realize there's a lot of eastern religions where religion and spirituality probably go hand in hand. Not to mention that for some people's it's probably just nice to get involved in religion for the sake of feeling connected to like-minded people. And since there's not many people who hold similar views to me I prefer to just stay away. Although if there were it wouldn't be a 'religious' gathering in the first place anyway..

You make a great point...thank you for sharing your perspective and welcome to SF!

I was raised Anglican Catholic and can identify with much of what you said...you will find various Spiritual (and Religious ) paths here at SF and what I love about this place is sharing views and insight for a chance to consider the perspective of others.

And what I love even more is the fact that (when we find those--with whom we can never quite seem to agree to disagree) we have very convenient options for finding Peace & Harmony on the most well thought-out and constructed Message Board System I have ever had the privilege to use.

SF is and AWESOME experience and I look forward to seeing you around the Message Boards!

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Deactivated Account

@LadyTerra

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes it's interesting there's so much diversity here.. although the main reason I joined was because I finally didn't feel like the odd ball when it came to my experiences! But I always love seeing things from different angles, and I'm here to learn just as much as everyone else here ultimately is :)

The forums are great, I feel like they've become my new home haha. So I definitely think you'll be seeing a lot more of me!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:15 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
@LadyTerra

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes it's interesting there's so much diversity here.. although the main reason I joined was because I finally didn't feel like the odd ball when it came to my experiences! But I always love seeing things from different angles, and I'm here to learn just as much as everyone else here ultimately is :)

The forums are great, I feel like they've become my new home haha. So I definitely think you'll be seeing a lot more of me!

Good deal!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:29 AM
Seeker
Religious or spiritual? Neither. I'm basically disgusted.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
Religious or spiritual? Neither. I'm basically disgusted.

Disgusted at what?
Old 12-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Guide

I'm mostly spiritual. But a little religious. And yes, I do believe in God(whatever that may be).Not the kind of religion or God that says if I commit a sin i'm going to hell though. Why would God create the universe and everything in it then decide to send certain creations of his to a rotten place. I'm sorry, hell is simply not the truth...I see lots of good in religion overall, but I also see it corrupt certain souls to believe in some really messed up stuff and do some truly atrocious acts. So yes, i'm spiritual, but do believe in some aspects of religion(the mostly spiritual aspects). Religion can also keep you positive, motivated and going to church can disciplined and social. Religion also makes some kill because of something they read and misinterpret, be prejudiced, and some other stuff. I see religious people all time, and most of them are peaceful. I just wish all religious types could be as peaceful...
Old 12-06-2014, 06:49 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
I'm mostly spiritual. But a little religious. And yes, I do believe in God(whatever that may be).Not the kind of religion or God that says if I commit a sin i'm going to hell though. Why would God create the universe and everything in it then decide to send certain creations of his to a rotten place. I'm sorry, hell is simply not the truth...I see lots of good in religion overall, but I also see it corrupt certain souls to believe in some really messed up stuff and do some truly atrocious acts. So yes, i'm spiritual, but do believe in some aspects of religion(the mostly spiritual aspects). Religion can also keep you positive, motivated and going to church can disciplined and social. Religion also makes some kill because of something they read and misinterpret, be prejudiced, and some other stuff. I see religious people all time, and most of them are peaceful. I just wish all religious types could be as peaceful...

I Love This!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Master

Today. spiritual not religious is mainly a way to feel superior over the 'inferior' religious people. New Age is filled to the brim with spiritual superiority complex. So in a way, New Age is one of the most fundamentalist religions out there, which is sad for those New Agers who don't think that way.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Today. spiritual not religious is mainly a way to feel superior over the 'inferior' religious people. New Age is filled to the brim with spiritual superiority complex. So in a way, New Age is one of the most fundamentalist religions out there, which is sad for those New Agers who don't think that way.

New Age is susceptible to the same delusions everyone is. So New Age isn't always spiritual, although it often gets tied together. Spiritual is just learning to live by the spirit.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Deactivated Account

And actually, considering we're all spiritual beings having a human experience we're technically all spiritual. It's just that some are more aware of it than others.