Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-02-2024, 05:10 AM
Master

Hi Fairy. I am just catching up and only just seen post #63.
Yes I had a shop. I went into the crystal and gemstone business with my brother.
He sold them from home on-line , and I sold them in the shop (I'm rubbish online ! )
I loved it though. Was like a dream come true.
We live in a small seaside town and there was nowhere that sold them locally and they were SO popular.
Old 20-02-2024, 03:15 PM
Master
Angel:
Where do people in your area buy their crystals and gemstones now?

Is it on-line?

At the Tucson Shows: it seems that more and more people are buying and selling on-line. From what they told me, it seems they are all working out of their apartments or homes. Buying without 'seeing' seems to be their forte.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 20-02-2024 at 05:14 PM.
Old 20-02-2024, 08:32 PM
Master
For about 30 years: vendors have been saying the Tucson shows will not last. But it has survived. The biggest gripe from vendors is rent. The rent goes up each and every year. At some shows, there is no parking or you have to pay. For customers, that is a major 'rub' especially in the past, when parking was free.

The pandemic 'did some vendors end' but at the same time, 'allowed' new vendors to 'come on-board'.

I would not say it is an easy life but then, this is the only show some vendors do for the whole year. They spend the rest of the year getting prepared for the next year.

One vendor I know, has almost everybody in his village involved in coming out with new products. For that vendor, the success of the show means prosperity or famine for the village.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-02-2024, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hi Fairy. I am just catching up and only just seen post #63.
Yes I had a shop. I went into the crystal and gemstone business with my brother.
He sold them from home on-line , and I sold them in the shop (I'm rubbish online ! )
I loved it though. Was like a dream come true.
We live in a small seaside town and there was nowhere that sold them locally and they were SO popular.
Sounds totally wonderful, AngelBlue!
Old 20-02-2024, 09:46 PM
Administrator
Where I live our nearest town is 7 miles away there used to be 2 shops no three that used to sell crystals.
only one is still going I don't buy from there because I don't like the quality
One shop was owned by someone I know his buyer used to go to The Navaho's reservation to buy stuff from
But he used to sell crystals for more than they were worth.

I tend to but from a psychic website that sells them.

Namaste
Old 21-02-2024, 06:09 AM
Master

John , post #72.. After I started selling crystals I noticed one or two of the gift shops in the town started selling them too.
I would notice salt lamps appearing and suchlike appearing in their window displays LOL.
But I'm not really sure to be honest.
They were very popular though and the townsfolk went mad for them !
Old 21-02-2024, 06:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Sounds totally wonderful, AngelBlue!
Oh it really was like a dream. It was not my core business ( it was a newsagents ) , but being a seaside town I sold everything , greetings cards, postcards, buckets / spades , seaside type gifts , etc etc, so I took a portion of the shop to dedicate to the crystals. My shop my rules haha...
Sadly the newspaper side of the business had to fold and eventually I had to close . The overheads were ridiculous.

But it was nice while it lasted .
Old 21-02-2024, 06:20 AM
Master

Native post #75...
Prior to me selling them the two nearest places that sold them were both 20 miles away .
There are some lovely crystals and gemstone shops in Whitby but they are expensive.
Old 21-02-2024, 06:22 AM
Master

However.... I am finding it hard to believe that the Tucson gem shows have already been and gone !!
Where are the weeks/ months going to ?
Hardly seems two minutes since Christmas .
Old 21-02-2024, 06:31 AM
Master
Nice to reflect back on the past.

Time moves forward and things change.

As for the Tucson shows, I have been going to them for about 30 years. Over the years, I saw a lot and learned a lot. Hard to believe something that big could be right in my own backyard???

But then.... so is such things as the Grand Canyon. Hard to believe a person can see 1 mile straight down in to the ground.

I guess our planet is unique and special.