Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-11-2011, 12:52 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
my question is:

Why are vampires considered "evil"?

My reasoning is this:
Any being committing any action for selfish gain at the expense of another is considered evil. Because all evil actions (varied they may be) are actually all stemmed from selfishness and lack of empathy. When you actually think about it, you should see that this is almost universally correct.

When you can make the connections, you should be able to understand why it is done.

Quote:
hmmm...interesting. but I guess it is like that with every living creature here on Earth, we take another "lifeforce" to maintain another. LOL

But in nature, things are naturally recycled and given back, rather than being unequally funneled into the possession of a single being (while others lose their own) for purposes of power and what not. It creates an imbalance. Sort of like the nature of some hierarchies, and the distribution of wealth in the world.
Old 25-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
My reasoning is this:
Any being committing any action for selfish gain at the expense of another is considered evil. Because all evil actions (varied they may be) are actually all stemmed from selfishness and lack of empathy. When you actually think about it, you should see that this is almost universally correct.

When you can make the connections, you should be able to understand why it is done.

Hence, a major part of humanity is evil. Makes sense to me.
Old 25-11-2011, 01:01 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
My reasoning is this:

but how do you know that they are evil? Maybe you are just stereotyping them from their fictional counterparts? What are their actions that are deemed to be selfish and evil?

Like I said before I am new to the vampire being real concept...and vampires are stereotypically "evil" in fictional stories - just curious to know why they are deemed as such in real life.
Old 25-11-2011, 01:05 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Hence, a major part of humanity is evil. Makes sense to me.

I would not use the word "evil" to describe the majority of humanity, I would probably say the minority, but not the majority - do not think the millions of starving Africans are evil (probably out of context, but I hope you get my drift; or you can look at the occupy movment thats happening - the 1% are evil...the other 99% not).

But then again, I must have more faith in humanity....who knows, maybe I listen and hang around the Angels too much...
Old 25-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
I would not use the word "evil" to describe the majority of humanity, I would probably say the minority, but not the majority - do not think the millions of starving Africans are evil (probably out of context, but I hope you get my drift; or you can look at the occupy movment thats happening - the 1% are evil...the other 99% not).

But then again, I must have more faith in humanity....who knows.

It really is a question of definition. If it is defined as anything making personal gain at the expense of another, then all commerce is evil as it happens at the other part's cost. But if you remove the idea of profit then humanity will lose its steam in a second. We are not spiritual enough to make food just so we can give it away. Or computers, anything else. Feel like going naked back into the cold wet caves and eat only the berries we harvested with our own hands?

This whole discussion has gone over the top so many times that I have lost count. So much hatred and bigotry. Reminds me of some big newspaper forums I know of where the extreme right wing posters bash it out with the extreme left wing posters, usually at the drop of some troll's hat. I stay away from those forums entirely. I am however going over it now from the first to the last post, in order to sum up the actual facts in a hopefully neutral article. Among all the nasty there's a wealth of good information here.
Old 25-11-2011, 01:41 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
It really is a question of definition. If it is defined as anything making personal gain at the expense of another, then all commerce is evil as it happens at the other part's cost. But if you remove the idea of profit then humanity will lose its steam in a second. We are not spiritual enough to make food just so we can give it away. Or computers, anything else. Feel like going naked back into the cold wet caves and eat only the berries we harvested with our own hands?

This whole discussion has gone over the top so many times that I have lost count. So much hatred and bigotry. Reminds me of some big newspaper forums I know of where the extreme right wing posters bash it out with the extreme left wing posters, usually at the drop of some troll's hat. I stay away from those forums entirely. I am however going over it now from the first to the last post, in order to sum up the actual facts in a hopefully neutral article. Among all the nasty there's a wealth of good information here.

Without confusing this... You're being very subjective as well. Assuming people are all motivated by the same things, and assuming the world has to work a certain way. Very narrow sighted, I must say ^^

While I can't help but see these things from the view of a victim, Sangress expressed the view of a vampire. (-1) + (+1) = 0 . There you go, an even article. The facts and info are clearly distinguished from opinions (which we are allowed to express).
Old 25-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Sangress

Quote:
While I can't help but see these things from the view of a victim, Sangress expressed the view of a vampire. (-1) + (+1) = 0 . There you go, an even article. The facts and info are clearly distinguished from opinions (which we are allowed to express).

An even article would be asking the same questions to both parties and compiling the answers rather than the few facts and personal opinions dispersed amongst the previous debate.

Perhaps I'll ask someone to compile an article of that kind and ask you to participate?
Old 25-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Without confusing this... You're being very subjective as well. Assuming people are all motivated by the same things, and assuming the world has to work a certain way. Very narrow sighted, I must say ^^

Excuse me? *I* am being subjective? My respect for the Moderator's pleas forbids me the obvious reply.
Old 25-11-2011, 01:55 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
An even article would be asking the same questions to both parties and compiling the answers rather than the few facts and personal opinions dispersed amongst the previous debate.

Perhaps I'll ask someone to compile an article of that kind and ask you to participate?

It would definitely refine this thread, so why not?
Old 25-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Master

Sangress, I am already compiling such an article and hope to post it within the hour for comments.