Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

View Poll Results: Are you a sceptic of a critic or a Believer
Sceptic 4 30.77%
Critic 1 7.69%
Believer 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2021, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account
mediumship

Mediumship involves communication between the etheric dimension(s) and this physical one primarily for the benefit of a third party. Messages from loved ones and healing for the sick and/or bereaved are important forms of communication.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:05 PM
Master
In post #6 you wrote "I used to see healing and mediumship as separate personal attributes until the penny dropped that healing is a form of communication from the so-called world of the spirit, conveyed via mediumship. Hence my use now of the term 'healing mediumship'" ........... which in a way..... did open the 'doorway'.

Having said that, I see 'everything' is connected. I suspect that if there is a problem, it is caused by 'pigeon holing'.

I suspect mankind could accomplish a whole lot more if the mental restraints were removed.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
In post #6 you wrote "I used to see healing and mediumship as separate.....aling mediumship'" ........... which in a way..... did open the 'doorway'.

.............ere removed.

I wasn't aware it had been shown there was a problem.

I doubt a healer or medium would find any block to their attributes whatever pigeon hole you were to put them in. But neither would it mean they could do more because someone called 'em by a different name.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:51 PM
Master
If you look at the various healing modalities, none of them seem to be 'taught' to bring out the most from the healer and it is hard to find teachers that will show the similarities in healing modalities. The student is in many ways, forced to operate out of a particular 'pigeon hole'.
the expression " this way or the highway" resonates with many of these beliefs. No variations, no research, no comparative studies.......

which leaves the student in an awkward position.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:40 PM
Experiencer

People exist who are not all three?
Old 10-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
If you look at the various healing modalities, none of them seem to be 'taught' to bring o................osition.

I'm not adequately knowlegeable about spiritual healing to know if healing mediums are able to find help to improve their effectiveness/delivery etc. I'm certainly not aware of any such help but neither do I remember anyone asking here or elsewhere for help. (I know nothing about other forms of healing.)

It's very unfortunate if help/support is not available but perhaps organisations/bodies for spiritual healers might be able to help?
Old 11-07-2021, 03:33 AM
Master
Ye, they always remind everyone that they cannot replace their own connection to Non-Physical Source. At best, offer the frequency of being healed or of being in the knowing of their own connection, which then, this frequency that is being offered, can be addopted/allowed/aligned with/realised,.... or not.

But they also cannot vibrate for another. And there is no such thing as assertion. And words don't teach and do not replace vibration either.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
You could be right..... I wasn't 'in the spooks' 50 years ago.

I would expect certain predictions to come about with no harm done. I suppose, though, the SNU don't want Spiritualism to routinely be linked to giving predictions the way an end-of-the-pier psychic might be expected to do. It's why there's an emphahsis on evidential and healing mediumship now I expect. That's how I see it too - you call me an insuffereable purist!

As for charging for services given, I think it's the choice of the individual practitioner. It would be great if none of them needed to charge for their time, travel provision of a room etc but you still need to earn a living some way.

Agreed you still need to earn a living. I think it depends on the practitioners' experience and confidence in abilities.

Back to my original point, listening to how some mediums explain how they interpret and deliver messages is not just one way. They are using abilities such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc so that in itself is psychic awareness in connecting to spirit. Could someone clarify if that is correct?
Old 11-07-2021, 06:47 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Agreed you still need to earn a living. I think it depends on the practitioners' experience and confidence in abilities.

Back to my original point, listening to how some mediums explain how they interpret and deliver messages is not just one way. They are using abilities such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc so that in itself is psychic awareness in connecting to spirit. Could someone clarify if that is correct?

I'm not concerned which method of communication is used. It's mediumship when it meets the simple criteria I've outlined in the past.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Back to my original point, listening to how some me............ correct?

As the old saying goes, all mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums. Psychic sensitivity is essential for mediumship but psychic sensitiveity/awareness in itself is not mediumship.

An individual may ask if she is 'becoming a medium' when it's simply psychic awareness/sensitivity that has been noticed. There appears to be constant confusion between psychic and medium.