Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Master
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Gem's on a roll today - I have to take the opportunity while it's opportune!

I'm sure things'll be back to 'nothing to talk about' in no time.

Good morning!

I ain't touchin' that one ~ tgif and good morning to you, too~*

Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It isn't a 'delusion' is isn't 'real', and having these notions does not prevent you bumping your head. It happens to be, and that is mysterious.
Well, at least you will allow Being and Mystery - you have my Gratitude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Your secondary 'delusion' is a distraction for the tree being as it is. When I see a tree I don't see a 'delusion'. I sit in the shade.
Am I deluded or distracted? Goodness I wish you'd make up your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I keep saying desire is foolish... If I were a monk I'd slap you and tell you 'please do better'.
LOL - yeah, you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
We are not already 'Buddahs' ... we are just as we are...
Yes! So the Bodhi tree told him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is no 'illusions'. there is no 'reality'. there is this as it is as it happens to be. These other things are not there. I never saw any 'realities' running around, never saw 'illusions' growing in the fields...
Well, so much for your claim to a misspent youth of drugs and rock & roll...
Old 06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Capital Love is used to distinguish it from is love which feels in the heart, but the love felt in heart is love, and there is no other love that which is felt. If the mind rests its attention in that see what happens.

Love indicates 'real Love'. Upon hearing this 'real Love' my mind is distracted from the feeling of my heart as it gropes about for some mental image of the 'Love which I don't yet know'.

Ramana continually said 'allow the mind to disolve in the heart' because he did not want to Distract people into craving yet another invoked object.
Is your mind dissolved in your heart?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh, the anti-love crowd denies it all right - as well as any responsibility for anything.

It's anti 'Love'... and the reason is, it distracts from love of the heart to mental imagery of 'Love' in the mind. You might not realize it has that effect but it does. I know it does, because the best thing I ever did was not believe in anything love gurus said, and remained true to my love of the heart, and if I did believe them I'd be sittin around waiting like Xan told me, wanndering about confused coz phsycho told me mine's not real.

Tzu never told me what real love is, that I don't know it, to wait for somethinng, because he understands what I'm trying to tell you now. That's clear from his sig.

Quote:
You've all found what you've been looking for, fer sure - Good on you Gem, you describe it to a tee.

Funny thing about me is, I feel no repultion at all over whatever contention arizes, I like it if it's said in fairly certain terms, but I find the underhand hints quite insincere and pretentous.

Can't help it though, they know not what they do (thats an example of snide and underhand).

I mean you're just as sincere as Tzu... that's what 'true blue' means, sincere. You don't have to be nice, true blue is far more appealing.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Is your mind dissolved in your heart?

Isn't everybody's?

(sorry)

Old 06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's anti 'Love'... and the reason is, it distracts from love of the heart to mental imagery of 'Love' in the mind. You might not realize it has that effect but it does. I know it does, because the best thing I ever did was not believe in anything love gurus said, and remained true to my love of the heart, and if I did believe them I'd be sittin around waiting like Xan told me, wanndering about confused coz phsycho told me mine's not real.
We've been through all that. Yes, some are open to it, some are not. It's a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Tzu never told me what real love is, that I don't know it, to wait for somethinng, because he understands what I'm trying to tell you now. That's clear from his sig.
But you two agree - where's the potential for contention in that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Funny thing about me is, I feel no repultion at all over whatever contention arizes, I like it if it's said in fairly certain terms, but I find the underhand hints quite insincere and pretentous.
Yes, you keep bragging about how above it all you are - no pretention there. Of course, if I say that then I'm just trying to look spiritual so I can spout my insincere trite truizms and guruizms - nothing underhanded about that either I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I mean you're just as sincere as Tzu... that's what 'true blue' means, sincere. You don't have to be nice, true blue is far more appealing.
That's nice - but prefacing it with 'distracted' and 'deluded' not so much.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
We've been through all that. Yes, some are open to it - some are not. It's a choice.

Why should there be any contention automatically? He's just making a statement and you can't even be quiet and just observe it. Nod, stick your finger up your nose or whatever...
Quote:
Yes, you keep bragging about how above it all you are - no pretention there. Of course, if I say that then I'm just trying to look spiritual so I can spout my insincere trite truizms and guruizms - nothing underhanded about that either I'm sure.

You started it...

Old 06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Quote:
Why should there be any contention automatically? He's just making a statement and you can't even be quiet and just observe it. Nod, stick your finger up your nose or whatever...
Who's contending that? What I said was there was no potential contention between his and Tzu's POV on that.

Geez SG, pay attention!

Quote:
You started it...
Yes I think I mentioned somewhere above about taking responsibility......
Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Who's contending that? What I said was there was no potential contention between his and Tzu's POV on that.

Geez SG, pay attention!

Yes I think I mentioned somewhere above about taking responsibility......

Aww~I blame my neighbors for keeping me up 3 nights in a row! Bleah...shoulda stayed in bed ~ pout!

Old 06-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Humm

Quote:
Aww~I blame my neighbors for keeping me up 3 nights in a row! Bleah...shoulda stayed in bed ~ pout!
Yikes! That's one thing I gotta have is my sleep. Comes from when I was in the military and worked two years of rotating shifts - I was perpetually exhausted, became very jealous of my sleep time.

Sometimes the dogs in the neighborhood will bark for hours - comes from a lot of wild animals in the neighborhood - I wind up putting on very soft music so I can just hear it but can't quite make it out - tends to blend all the ambient noise so I can sleep - hope you can catch up soon!
Closed Thread