Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-01-2011, 09:11 AM
arive nan

I have a libido, generally. When I'm not depressed from being treated poorly by a guy who keeps telling me that not being in the mood on occasion means something is catastrophically wrong with me I have a libido. It seems to be fairly high even. But there are still times when I won't feel like doing anything sexual at all. Because of what I went through I still struggle with fearing that I'm somehow horribly dysfunctional even if it's just for one waking hour out of the week that I won't want to even think about doing anything sexual. It is a hindrance to my happiness that it was so thoroughly ingrained in me that one waking minute of not wanting sex is somehow 'wrong'. I deserve to not feel bad about myself for not being in the mood one hour out of the week, especially since some day when I am very old it is likely that my libido will naturally become lower. I deserve to be able to be happy with myself even then. That is what I am to become able to do.
Old 18-01-2011, 09:36 AM
supernova

When old if you have no libido this is natural but while young, I do not know your age, one having no libido is unnatural and if one tries to live without it this is quite a different thing. It is hormones, bodily contents and we are gifted with by nature or God. If there was no drive in our parents or grandpas we would have not been here. This is life sustaining energy and very sacred. Rather than being happy without it is not better than being happy with it and if one has no drive there are medical consultants one can attend. I am not specifying your case it is general. But anyway talking it over is revealing the truths that otherwise go ignored and unarticulated

I agree depression lessen it in huamns and I too feel runign short of it even I get approahhed when I am depressed.
I talk about the moment when one is robust physically and emotionally
Old 18-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Master
Sometimes I think sex is a curse other times a blessing. Unlike eating or drinking it is a bodily function that desires to be satisfied. It is not as easy to satisfy frequently, because it desires another person.

For all my adult life I have been cursed witha high sex drive I could have sex daily even now I am 41 I am glad it has reduced and is reducing. It was heaps worse as a teenager and in my 20's
Old 18-01-2011, 10:27 AM
supernova

You have never been cursed with a high sex drive and you are blessed to have libidos and a person with a sex drive is highly creative. Do you write poems? This is an energy source and do not dry it. Its significance lies in the fact that it unites two individually spiritually too

Old 18-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Neville

Quote:
Dont need or want sex

I was not offering in the first place, It plays havoc with my back and to be honest I am at the age where it takes me all night what I used to do all night.

I'd sooner have a nice cup of Tea if you are offering
Old 18-01-2011, 10:48 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I was not offering in the first place, It plays havoc with my back and to be honest I am at the age where it takes me all night what I used to do all night.

I'd sooner have a nice cup of Tea if you are offering

Words of sarcasm!

Yes,maybe you will be offered the tea.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Neville

I am easily misunderstood supernova,

No sarcasm at all, a weak attempt at humour to illustrate that libido is in no way the be all and end all of a loving relationship. Many people feel very unfulfilled and get serious hang ups because the carnal part of a relationship is absent or mostly dormant. Yet Love is so much more than sex .

Best wishes Neville
Old 18-01-2011, 10:57 AM
supernova

Quote:
I am easily misunderstood supernova,

No sarcasm at all, a weak attempt at humour to illustrate that libido is in no way the be all and end all of a loving relationship. Many people feel very unfulfilled and get serious hang ups because the carnal part of a relationship is absent or mostly dormant. Yet Love is so much more than sex .

Best wishes Neville

You are so true and of course love is so high and a libido is never on its level.

But both combioned one will experience a high level of spiritual gratification.
Old 18-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:

lol .... bless you Neville
Old 18-01-2011, 10:10 PM
simon

I never even new Asexual existed, I like to have sex 2 or 3 times a week to make me happy, but my wife probably once a week

I thought all men where like me, but I guess everyones different