Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-12-2010, 01:18 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
3dnow: One well known technique is to watch your thoughts and love/forgive them. This is very difficult, but a widely accepted method.

It is difficult in the beginning because we are used to conflict. Once you get used to it, it's a relief to be so simple.

Xan

Good news!! Thanks. I tried it twice it works but I feel lazy to do it again. So you live like this, as the watcher all the time? That's possible?

Thanks,

3dnow
Old 22-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Master
3dnow: Good news!! Thanks. I tried it twice it works but I feel lazy to do it again.

Yes, with practice you can make it a habit.

You can also love and accept the thought, "This is difficult."

So you live like this, as the watcher all the time? That's possible?

Yes, it's possible... with persistence in your own step-by-step way.

I wouldn't call how I live as 'the watcher' although this is an all-important step, but you are still separate from what you are watching. I would describe it as continuously present in silent wholeness. (Finally!!!)

Xan

Old 23-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
You are talking about the ultimate goal. But you don't give any idea on how to achieve that. Which technique do you use to get there? It comes naturally for you?

One well known technique is to watch your thoughts and love/forgive them. This is very difficult, but a widely accepted method.

3dnow
No, I can't give you any technique, you can't do anything to get to where you think you should be, your already there. If you do get to where you already are through a so called technique, you would have got there anyway despite the technique. The only thing you can do is inquire to who you are, are you the mind body ?, are you the ego ?, who are you ?, when you realize this from deep within, then tell me who you are ?.
Old 23-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No, I can't give you any technique, you can't do anything to get to where you think you should be, your already there. If you do get to where you already are through a so called technique, you would have got there anyway despite the technique. The only thing you can do is inquire to who you are, are you the mind body ?, are you the ego ?, who are you ?, when you realize this from deep within, then tell me who you are ?.

But aren't you aware of thoughts? It seems so as you write all this.
Old 23-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Master
Ramana Maharshi was the early 20th century true master who gave us the all-important question, "Who am I?"

He also said, "Let the mind subside in the heart."

Xan

Old 23-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
But aren't you aware of thoughts? It seems so as you write all this.
Hi Gem, yea there are thoughts and there is the one writing all this, but its still not who I am, the sharing I give is from a deeper so called level of Consciousness, the mind that this sharing arises from is now just an instrument, a tool, there is now no story of someone owning it.
Old 23-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Gem, yea there are thoughts and there is the one writing all this, but its still not who I am, the sharing I give is from a deeper so called level of Consciousness, the mind that this sharing arises from is now just an instrument, a tool, there is now no story of someone owning it.

This is why 3D's comment was so valid... the watching of thoughts is exactly what you do, I do, Xan does... or as you might say... watching happens... and what 3D said is not so much a method as it is being realistic.
Old 23-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
This is why 3D's comment was so valid... the watching of thoughts is exactly what you do, I do, Xan does... or as you might say... watching happens... and what 3D said is not so much a method as it is being realistic.
Yea you could say that as long as you don't try to own the watcher, because even the watch as to be dropped, pure Being or Consciousness doesn't do anything its just pure silence and not even that, all else is of the mind, the watcher, the one who is apparently Awakened, all these are not what IS.
Old 23-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Yea you could say that as long as you don't try to own the watcher, because even the watch as to be dropped, pure Being or Consciousness doesn't do anything its just pure silence and not even that, all else is of the mind, the watcher, the one who is apparently Awakened, all these are not what IS.

For the life of me, 'what is' has never meant anything to me, 'what we really are' seems ridiculous to me.

I'm only saying that 3D made a very relevant point and to watch your thoughts is a realistic approach...

I feel we should accept there is nothing permanent to grasp on, so our nature is to accept things as they come and go, not to value them as better or worse, merely have some preferance toward pleasure over pain, to enable love to flow in compassion through sorrow and joy, and understand our feelings reflect those of all others, in empathy.

I know what you're saying PS, and life is a journey, but to seek the love follow paths that lead there is the belief that it not already this, and people feel unworthy of it, undeserving, thinking something greater lies in the future, and that comes from placing value on what is merely in passing, deeming its worthiness.

I like one not the other, each will come and go, and that just happens regardless of my preferance, all things being equal.
Old 23-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
For the life of me, 'what is' has never meant anything to me, 'what we really are' seems ridiculous to me.

I'm only saying that 3D made a very relevant point and to watch your thoughts is a realistic approach...

I feel we should accept there is nothing permanent to grasp on, so our nature is to accept things as they come and go, not to value them as better or worse, merely have some preferance toward pleasure over pain, to enable love to flow in compassion through sorrow and joy, and understand our feelings reflect those of all others, in empathy.

I know what you're saying PS, and life is a journey, but to seek the love follow paths that lead there is the belief that it not already this, and people feel unworthy of it, undeserving, thinking something greater lies in the future, and that comes from placing value on what is merely in passing, deeming its worthiness.

I like one not the other, each will come and go, and that just happens regardless of my preferance, all things being equal.
Yea i think we are saying the same thing really, like we all express what IS through the mind, whatever your nature or mine is, well that's how it will be expressed. Its the same with all these beliefs systems, religions and all, they have all come from the mind of whoever but they all point to the source in the end. Just as my signature says......If each would attend to his own business (of seeking
Realisation) there would be no quarrel

Oh yea thats why I asked about your Avatar, it reminded me of my first ever portrait I did, it was a portrait of me, but the one you have reminds me of the side view, sort of lol.