Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-03-2013, 01:58 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Out of curiosity,talking about the spirit world......anyone know where this world is supposed to exist?
That is the odd if not creepy part to this whole subject of spirit, afterlife, heaven, nirvana... where is it?

Being physical we're accustomed to space, location and distance... so when we think about some "place" we also think of "where". I know that we're not eternally bound to being locked into a physical format..I've stepped out of my body while awake and saw that there are other layers to all this... but that doesn't' address this "where?" issue.... So here's how I'm currently considering the subject... that as long as we're physical this subject of "where" won't make sense... that it's observably likely that consciousness is not souly contained within physical atoms so consciousness itself is thus able to occupy an experience that isn't subject to "location". This is my best guess so far... so when we're no longer bound to physical matter (which we decouple ourselves from when we die) at which point our experience will then be flexible in such a way that simply doesn't make sense in this current physical format...

So, as I'm currently seeing it, as long as we're physical we gotta wait to find out where our higher self resides... I suspect that once "there" it will totally make sense... :^)
Old 13-03-2013, 04:54 PM
deepsea

Good explanation. I understood that the spirit world was not like other planets.
To put it as it was explained to me,it was not a solid planet but a sort of shadow that could not be seen through a telescope.

It was on the edge of our world,slightly apart but did at certain times overshadow the earth and that was the times it was easier to communicate with
To contradict this,it was also more dimensional than earth.
Now not sure whether that means anything but more dimensional more solid.
Deepsea
Old 13-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
That is the odd if not creepy part to this whole subject of spirit, afterlife, heaven, nirvana... where is it?

Being physical we're accustomed to space, location and distance... so when we think about some "place" we also think of "where". I know that we're not eternally bound to being locked into a physical format..I've stepped out of my body while awake and saw that there are other layers to all this... but that doesn't' address this "where?" issue.... So here's how I'm currently considering the subject... that as long as we're physical this subject of "where" won't make sense... that it's observably likely that consciousness is not souly contained within physical atoms so consciousness itself is thus able to occupy an experience that isn't subject to "location". This is my best guess so far... so when we're no longer bound to physical matter (which we decouple ourselves from when we die) at which point our experience will then be flexible in such a way that simply doesn't make sense in this current physical format...

So, as I'm currently seeing it, as long as we're physical we gotta wait to find out where our higher self resides... I suspect that once "there" it will totally make sense... :^)

Brilliant! I think you've got it.
Old 13-03-2013, 11:44 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings StephenK:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
And that is the punch-line isn't it! This "loving" god makes us a mess and then blames us for it... and when we try and rectify this mess by actively helping others and by actively addressing our own issues, then this god curses us for being even more of what "he" made us to be..... curses us to the point where we'd spend an eternity in a horrifically hell (that he created out of his own inner turmoil).... sounds like this curmudgeon/god has serious emotional issues...

So why would we spend even a moment worshiping such a seriously deranged monster.... let-alone a lifetime of fearful servitude to this idea?

I actually ~enjoy~ getting angry over this issue.... religion is designed to essentially prompt us to feel fear.. it pushes us in that direction, it demands we feel something of it's own making... pacivity and indifference in response to this is strategically okay, but not nearly as much fun... anger and disgust allows for more latitude to explore the true nature of this nonsense... and there truly is deep and distributing implications within this subject of religion that deserves active untangling... :^)

If it helps any--in my Tradition--Hel is the Crone Mother and the Goddess of the Underworld and I think She would like you a lot!
Old 13-03-2013, 11:53 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
oh dear, a million and one really sad reasons. Insecurity, defensiveness, inability to accept they may be wrong. It's not a happy list.

I want to bash people on the head who can't see outside their remit. But really, they are at an unhappy place. Well, it may be unhappy just displayed as a mean place.

I'm very very careful in what I say to whom - well mostly.

Absolutely. And the beauty of the mystery, the allure of uncertainty, the joy of knowing there is far, far more than we can every comprehend - at least in this lifetime. May be we will know it all in the next.

I love you--Belle!

I think I will keep searching for a least another 2 (or 3) lifetimes...

I just love to go exploring!!!
Old 14-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Out of curiosity,talking about the spirit world......anyone know where this world is supposed to exist?

Deepsea

Some feel that it is right here--just another dimension vibrating at higher frequencies...
Old 15-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Some feel that it is right here--just another dimension vibrating at higher frequencies...

That's how I've come to understand it as well. Heaven and the spirit world are all around us, kind of like an overlay to the physical world. We usually can't feel it or see, but sometimes when we are tuned in enough, we get a glimpse of what lies beyond.
Old 16-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkroses
That's how I've come to understand it as well. Heaven and the spirit world are all around us, kind of like an overlay to the physical world. We usually can't feel it or see, but sometimes when we are tuned in enough, we get a glimpse of what lies beyond.

You've got it girl--finally, someone who truly understands......
Old 27-03-2013, 01:47 PM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite
What I understand is that there is no set period of time, it comes down to the personal spiritual power of that passed over loved one and of course the ability of the individual wanting to call out to them as well. Some people are able to commune with the ethereal world more efficiently than others, and this would have a direct impact on whether or not deceased relatives could even hear the messages in the first place. In regards to them coming down, I believe spirits have a differing level of capability directly correlated to their level of God-self realization. The more conscious and realized the Being, the easier it will be for them to come down to the physical plane more readily. Other will have to learn how to do this, whether or not their energy can sustain this is also another story.

So to answer your question, it entirely depends on the soul/spirit/Being/Angel you are talking to. You manifested quite a quick result, so there doesn't seem to be any problem at all on your end.

Thanks your answer makes a lot of sense, this is what I think as well.
Old 27-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I love you--Belle!

I think I will keep searching for a least another 2 (or 3) lifetimes...

I just love to go exploring!!!

Sorry LadyTerra I missed this. I love me too - not as much as I should.

Keep searching but don't wait 2-3 lifetimes, if you expect what you are looking for to rock up sooner, who knows!