Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-07-2011, 04:49 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Yes, that is my understanding

That's interesting. Thanks for your candid thoughts.

In other threads some wouldn't even go as far as ascribing the capacity to experience to a baby. Not you, but others.

They concluded that capacity for experience isn't possible without a sense of "I".

I take it that you don't understand it in that way?

Or is it your understanding that rocks have a sense of "I"?
Old 15-07-2011, 05:12 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
That's interesting. Thanks for your candid thoughts.

In other threads some wouldn't even go as far as ascribing the capacity to experience to a baby. Not you, but others.

They concluded that capacity for experience isn't possible without a sense of "I".

I take it that you don't understand it in that way?

Or is it your understanding that rocks have a sense of "I"?
The rock has its own unique perspective, whatever that is, and so do we.. the rock may very well have a sense of 'I', but 'I' don't know.. the great differences in our levels of awareness do not permit confirmation.. they are an integrated and symbiotic member of our environment..

Be well..
Old 15-07-2011, 05:34 PM
LIFE

Quote:
they are an integrated and symbiotic member of our environment.

Absolutely.

Quote:
The rock has its own unique perspective, whatever that is, and so do we.. the rock may very well have a sense of 'I', but 'I' don't know.. the great differences in our levels of awareness do not permit confirmation.. they are an integrated and symbiotic member of our environment.

I can appreciate that.

Honestly, I would have to say that these great differences do not even permit confirmation of whether or not they have a perspective or, for that matter, any level of awareness at all. I would echo what you said- "I don't know"- just only in a broader sense. Respectfully, I just can't submit to that degree of speculation. But, that's just me.

Old 15-07-2011, 05:47 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Absolutely.

I can appreciate that.

Honestly, I would have to say that these great differences do not even permit confirmation of whether or not they have a perspective or, for that matter, any level of awareness at all. I would echo what you said- "I don't know"- just only in a broader sense. Respectfully, I just can't submit to that degree of speculation. But, that's just me.

I have studied crystals with some interest, and even some rock formations that hold specific energetic resonances.. there are some fairly interesting relationships within the community we know as rocks.. there are many attributes assigned to rocks that i understand as projected fantasy, but others are difficult to explain away.. regardless, i agree, i don't know with certainty, i simply apply science and my own reasoning to support theories i favor..

Be well..
Old 15-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Does this imply that the rock experiences?

If rocks are conscious and aware, then is it reasonable to assume they experience in some capacity?

LIFE... Here's another approach to answering this sort of question, rather than theorizing. Get really close to a rock and ask it. It's pretty mystical, I know, but it is possible.

But rather than a rock I would go for something living yet doesn't have the sense of "I" that we humans do... such as an animal or a plant.

Xan

Old 15-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Gracey

one time my daughter gave me a rock. a few days later i sat it on my forehead and meditated. i saw visions of what was going on in her life that i was not aware of. when we pick up rocks, our energies go into them. and one day our bones themselves will turn into rocks.
Old 15-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Master
It is a very common thing for certain cultures to be able to "hear" rocks and to hear differences from rock to rock.