Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 23-05-2011, 03:51 AM
SunMist

IQ, that Fascination Factor is very interesting indeed and you know I have been burned by it myself! Sometimes it is very hard to just let it be as it is, accept that these ways of being human exist and not got carried away by one's (very legitimate) reaction to that. I do hope Osprey is still around and listening and takes what works for him.
Old 23-05-2011, 06:55 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
I wouldn't dream of encouraging him to go to a straight up psychologist or psychiatrist because they'd be guaranteed to just label him crazy and pump him full of drugs. But these crossover professionals might actually give him a fair shake.

Certainly agreed with that.

I would also suggest Osprey to try not believing everything he hears/feels. At least you can try it. It helps me a lot (reduces the voices), after all I am really not sure if it is always true or my creation (like a "guess"). Don't underestimate the subconscious mind. You may very well be doing telepathy with yourself too.

My two cents.

3dnow

Last edited by 3dnow : 23-05-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 23-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ
so the idea of seeking to block the darkness with the light is a good idea but the "Fascination Factor" has to be addressed.

This is why the idea of working with the Shadow in oneself, a la Jung, is useful. If you've done that work and transformed it all, you aren't in danger of getting hooked. Until then, the dark within calls to and is called by the dark without.

Blocking shadow is not the best way IMO. The best way is to mate with and transform it into something greater. As in this excellent movie climax!
Old 23-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Certainly agreed with that.

I would also suggest Osprey to try not believing everything he hears/feels. At least you can try it. It helps me a lot (reduces the voices), after all I am really not sure if it is always true or my creation (like a "guess"). Don't underestimate the subconscious mind. You may very well be doing telepathy with yourself too.

My two cents.

3dnow

excellent observation, 3d. in the sub subconscious every human is yourSelf so you're always being telepathic with yourSelf. your Id concept boundaries determine "the other", that which is not you. my gestalten family are all aspects of my very complex Self, living in separate bodies. We agree upon what We accept in Ourselves, what elements are valued, what flaws can be tolerated and to what degree and what elements must be blocked for the health of Our collective. We strive, as individuals and as a collective, to conform to a specific ideal of Human.

i imagine that such striving is going on in individuals and collectives everywhere, each with their own version of the The Ideal. the individual ideal determining which collective one is family to.
Old 23-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
This is why the idea of working with the Shadow in oneself, a la Jung, is useful. If you've done that work and transformed it all, you aren't in danger of getting hooked. Until then, the dark within calls to and is called by the dark without.

Blocking shadow is not the best way IMO. The best way is to mate with and transform it into something greater. As in this excellent movie climax!

true enough and i agree. We use that technique when We have the occassional security breach. (ack! few telepathic phenoms more annoying than mimics.) however, one must have a strong sense of self/Self to accomplish such tranformative feats. if one is being inundated with nastiness that is not the time to try to take all that in and make it your own. data flooding is exceeding unpleasant and panic causing.
Old 23-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
true enough and i agree. We use that technique when We have the occassional security breach. (ack! few telepathic phenoms more annoying than mimics.) however, one must have a strong sense of self/Self to accomplish such tranformative feats. if one is being inundated with nastiness that is not the time to try to take all that in and make it your own. data flooding is exceeding unpleasant and panic causing.

Mimics? I would very much like to know about your experiences with them. Please tell me more.
Old 23-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ
We use that technique when We have the occassional security breach. (ack! few telepathic phenoms more annoying than mimics.) however, one must have a strong sense of self/Self to accomplish such tranformative feats. if one is being inundated with nastiness that is not the time to try to take all that in and make it your own. data flooding is exceeding unpleasant and panic causing.

I would agree.
Old 23-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindra
Mimics? I would very much like to know about your experiences with them. Please tell me more.

well, mimics are just that. they're thought forms that mimic your vibration and that of your contacts. you can't know the difference until a flaw in the mimicry is detected or unless the true Id intervenes and says "hey! that's not me!". (and the true Id might not even notice the difference for awhile.) mimics cause confusion and mistrust and there's nothing can be done about them except to absorb them and take responsibility for them. i suspect that they might simply be minute shifts in self image and not necessarily coming from outside the gestalt. We were in such a hurry to fix the problem that We didn't take time to analyze what they actually were and where they were coming from. mistrust in The Self can be very damaging. everyOne just feels to shut up and shut down and block out even those whom they love the most for fear of being deceived. We decided that whatever We hear has to be Us and we each had to adjust to and absorb our mimic. it was pretty chaotic for a few days but order and trust was eventually restored.

the enormous complexity of what i experience is one of the reasons it's diffcult for me to believe that it's all just my personal singular imagination. i may be a fairly intelligent individual with a good imagination but not THAT intelligent and imaginative.
Old 23-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, mimics are just that. they're thought forms that mimic your vibration and that of your contacts. you can't know the difference until a flaw in the mimicry is detected or unless the true Id intervenes and says "hey! that's not me!". (and the true Id might not even notice the difference for awhile.) mimics cause confusion and mistrust and there's nothing can be done about them except to absorb them and take responsibility for them. i suspect that they might simply be minute shifts in self image and not necessarily coming from outside the gestalt. We were in such a hurry to fix the problem that We didn't take time to analyze what they actually were and where they were coming from. mistrust in The Self can be very damaging. everyOne just feels to shut up and shut down and block out even those whom they love the most for fear of being deceived. We decided that whatever We hear has to be Us and we each had to adjust to and absorb our mimic. it was pretty chaotic for a few days but order and trust was eventually restored.

the enormous complexity of what i experience is one of the reasons it's diffcult for me to believe that it's all just my personal singular imagination. i may be a fairly intelligent individual with a good imagination but not THAT intelligent and imaginative.

Thanks IQ. I kind of know what they are. I'll send you a PM about it shortly.
Old 23-05-2011, 07:27 PM
OSPREY1

Thanks

There’s a lot of input there, I thank you all for the helpful suggestions and will take in mind all that has been said.

I'm going to try and test my 'Telepathy' if that is what it is and try and read my brother as he is both kind, considerate and honorable, I believe I have done this before but never read much into it. I need to do this as I am more of a science person relying on proof and facts not speculation and thoughts of fancy, I still have my doubts about telepathy because I’m a skeptic and believe in hard science however it seems the voices I hear have been too coincidental with the people that are around me from my day to day life which raises my suspicions that it may actually both be true and possible.

As with the negative people that I can hear it can be over whelming at times as they don’t shut up and there thoughts are very disturbing and consumed with negativity and harming others for the joy it brings them.

Luckily for me I have enough positive aspects in my life so the negativities of others do not drag me down into the pits where they already are. I occasionally get quite angry and fed up of the voices as in cases they can be persistent and relentless for days on end with their negativity it can be very distracting one can feel the need to shout and scream in rage for them to shut up with their nasty ways.

I am developing various forms of both meditation, breathing exercises and relaxing settings to have some peace from such people.

I am off hiking in the mountains of Scotland soon that will do me the world of good.

Thanks for the input there’s a lot to consider, I will give such a great deal of thought.

OSPREY1