Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 22-11-2023, 05:00 PM
Guide

This thread is bringing back so many memories.

Hey Angel Blue,i remember riding an old trolleybus in Hull,with wires above the road and everything.Just before they got rid of them.Now that is giving my age away. (I was about 4).
Old 23-11-2023, 05:47 AM
Master
In the last decade, the city where I live, bought some trolley cars that have wires up above. Some of the local people actually think this was a move forward.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-11-2023, 07:01 AM
Master

Don’t remember Rip Torn at the cinema but I do remember Rin Tin Tin at the Saturday afternoon matinee.
Old 23-11-2023, 07:04 AM
Master

Hey Hazzard are referring to the Trams. So I remember riding on one with my gran. Also about four or five.
Old 23-11-2023, 07:50 AM
Master

Hi guys...
JOHN and RED... I couldn't stop laughing watching the "chase" yesterday as a question came up about some robot or other and one of the options was " Flash Gordon" LOL.
Anyway, the answer was "Buck Rogers" but then the chaser started going on about Buster Crabbe LOLOLOLOLOL.... Couldn't believe it !!!!!!

PODSHELL... So funny ... What a daft name "Rip Torn " LOL, But I DO actually remember the name !!!

HAZ... I don't remember that but then again I didn't live in Hull as a child. I grew up in a tiny little pit village on the outskirts of Leeds. We were lucky to have a 'oss n cart , never mind a trolley bus LOL...
( And we never ventured forth abroad into the big city so not sure if Leeds had them still ..)
Old 23-11-2023, 09:24 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I also remember the girls and boys different entrances into school. We had to all line up in front of our own entries .

We had to trek through snowdrifts for a couple of miles and were frozen solid but sat in our class with no heating wearing our coats and gloves that were wet through.

I don’t remember having boys and girls entrances at school, but I do remember having to sit in assembly in a boys row and a girls row. One particularly temperamental teacher took umbrage to this, stormed off in a luvvy’s huff, and wasn’t seen again. She was a bit of a twit anyway.

I didn’t have to trek too far to school in wind and rain because I was quite lucky. All of my schools were within a 10 minute walk. I do remember being sent home once because the central heating at the school had broken. It was annoyed because I actually wanted to go to the lesson I was due to have.
Old 23-11-2023, 09:40 AM
Master

Hi Neil....LOL... Teacher went off in a hissy fit !!!!! ( Quick, someone brings out the smelling salts, the teacher is having an attack of ones vapours!) Neil, you will notice I'm putting on my "posh voice " here , wot wiv you being a Sir and all that !!
Now come on , be honest , we won't judge, but when you say no more than a ten minute walk , was this through the grounds of Oxford or Cambridge ???? You really don't need to be embarrassed LOL...
Old 23-11-2023, 05:33 PM
Master

Ok , so how about this one....
Do you remember when the film "Jaws" first came out and did any of you queue up outside the pictures to see it ?? I went with my brother and can remember in the queue thinking that I couldn't believe I was going in to see a film about a shark eating people , and I felt quite sick. But I still went in anyway !
But I've got to say I was a little under-whelmed and disappointed at the lack of victims .
Only a hint of an attack for the most part and didn't actually see the shark till 5 seconds before the end . Talk about an anti climax , or is that just me being "picky ?"...
On a plus side, the film score from the fabulous John Williams cannot be denied and the opening scene of the young woman walking into the sea to her doom was promising .
But all in all it was iconic and a moment in my life that is etched in my memory box.
Old 24-11-2023, 04:16 PM
Master
Remember when there was a lot of activity on this forum? I miss that. Should be about 50+ more active members to get things going on here.
Old 24-11-2023, 04:28 PM
Master
I tried to get on when I can but I'm busy my mediumship because I want to help people not completely charged people because it's wrong god gave me this gift I use it for nothing go give me kindness I like to be kind of thoughtful
Yeah but I remember it was so active on a one time but in paint what's good new things to do in life
I often wonder where is all members gone and was some stuck time out some as took time out and might come back later on to believe if you're doing that's something you forget your password
But I have been learning a cards into a bit more and get some good answers
But yes there was a lot of activity on time especially again games even the ones I invented was a good fun even though once it invented like linen a third one her what is for dinner was a good one I'd want so much activity on that one either
But they were a long time ago

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔