Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Master
The Watchtower Society.

"The position of God's name is unshakeable in the Hebrew Scriptures... With the Christian Greek Scriptures, the "New Testament", the situation is different... no ancient Greek manuscript that we possess today of the books of Matthew to Revelation contains God's name in full." .........'The Divine Name that will Endure' . Watchtower Publications...
Old 01-03-2023, 05:07 PM
Master
A scripture can be quoted in the New Testament in which the quote comes from the Old Testament. The scripture from the Old Testament should read the same in English as it should read in English in the New Testament. If it does not, there is something wrong in the translation. As I previously mentioned, in Koine Greek there is not a word for the Hebrew word Tetragrammaton. But the translators from Hebrew to Greek ignored this anomality and proceeded to 'translate' which has caused the problems we have today.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
. the problems we have today.
The problems we have today are the problems we have always had. John 5:39-40….we rely on scriptures that have been filtered by man yet refuse to come to Jesus/God on the spiritual level. Jesus said you MUST be born again…..it was not a suggestion…….
Old 02-03-2023, 02:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
"The position of God's name is unshakeable in the Hebrew Scriptures... With the Christian Greek Scriptures, the "New Testament", the situation is different..
Jerome had the originals,he told the Catholic leader Gods name belonged in the NT, every spot the OT was quoted( over 200) and the name was in the OT.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:23 AM
Master
Interesting point(s).

If one reads John the Fifth chapter, will they appreciate what is written if they have no background on the subject?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-03-2023, 07:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The problems we have today are the problems we have always had. John 5:39-40….we rely on scriptures that have been filtered by man yet refuse to come to Jesus/God on the spiritual level. Jesus said you MUST be born again…..it was not a suggestion…….

I think the problem is that the church promotes a literal understanding of the religious texts, while they are meant to intuitionally reach every adept at his own level. Like this "born again".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Jerome had the originals,he told the Catholic leader Gods name belonged in the NT, every spot the OT was quoted( over 200) and the name was in the OT.
Hearsay is inadmissible in a Court of law but the Original Ancient Greek Manuscripts of 'The New Testament' would be accepted as proof.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

Exactly
Old 02-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Hearsay is inadmissible in a Court of law but the Original Ancient Greek Manuscripts of 'The New Testament' would be accepted as proof.
Are you saying the five or so texts used for Bible translations are hearsay?

If you look at those texts, they are all virtually identical.

Old 02-03-2023, 05:28 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Interesting point(s).

If one reads John the Fifth chapter, will they appreciate what is written if they have no background on the subject?

BigJohn,

A good question……the short answer is that they can appreciate if they are open-minded. An odd thing is that, in many cases, the more zealous many followers become the less they are open-minded. In an effort to fit in and to be accepted they can easily gravitate to endorsing the ‘party line’…..they ‘go along to get along’. In doing so they relinquish freedom. If certain verses seem to challenge what they believe is foundational they gloss over the message. The verses that I cited seem to fall in this category……certainly if they are entrenched in believing that the Bible provides every answer.

I think the steady decline of church membership reflects a recognition of this dynamic. With a mobile society and increased exposure to other cultures one moves outside of the ‘tribe’. It certainly happened to me. When I moved to a different area there were no churches of my former denomination. I now regularly attend a denomination that is much more fundamental. I will continue to attend it but have no intention of joining it. I do not want to be expected to accept all that they believe and practice….it would be hypocritical to not be true to myself. The value for me is witnessing these discrepancies and see a clearer vision of what is genuinely relevant. I can see more clearly the hidden wisdom that a different understanding and interpretation of any given scripture can reveal deeper truths.