Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Ascender
In the spiritual context I would say power is what I am, not just something I have. It is acquired and attained and developed and trained over time as the process of learning and growing. There is a clear pattern of growth as one gets stronger and more powerful. Perhaps it could be described as strength is how much energy you have but power is whether or not you can control it. Cos some people have the strength but their awareness of it is all subconscious so they have no control.

I know people like to think there is no objective comparable way to tell how strong someone is. But there are recognisable markers in the aura that can show how strong people are and which stage of growth they are in. And which go hand in hand with enlightenment. Which is probably how enlightened people are able to recognise other enlightened people.
Old 14-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Ascender

Hi,

This is Matt Kahn talking about power in 'How to Reclaim Your Power' on FB. I would skip the first 2 minutes completely.

https://www.facebook.com/mattkahn/vi...8771303377445/
Old 14-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Master

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
In the spiritual context I would say power is what I am, not just something I have. It is acquired and attained and developed and trained over time as the process of learning and growing. There is a clear pattern of growth as one gets stronger and more powerful. Perhaps it could be described as strength is how much energy you have but power is whether or not you can control it. Cos some people have the strength but their awareness of it is all subconscious so they have no control.

I know people like to think there is no objective comparable way to tell how strong someone is. But there are recognisable markers in the aura that can show how strong people are and which stage of growth they are in. And which go hand in hand with enlightenment. Which is probably how enlightened people are able to recognise other enlightened people.

What is seen as power has a mind behind it. What is experienced as power without the mind involved is something else entirely. If one names it, labels it, it becomes a singular thing. I suppose I have learned it is more than just one thing alone and the best kind of power comes through no power at all.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
Hi,

This is Matt Kahn talking about power in 'How to Reclaim Your Power' on FB. I would skip the first 2 minutes completely.

https://www.facebook.com/mattkahn/vi...8771303377445/
Here is the longer YouTube version:
https://youtu.be/NllANrBt1rQ

This was the first Matt Kahn video I ever saw and the first time I had heard about him.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
well ya see, i am picking YOUR brain here, so really I would like to her whatever comes to your mind about the topic...........

Alright.
The first thing that comes to my mind about power is that power is given.
What I am staying here is the social power.
Including spiritual power of spiritual leaders, their powers are bestowed by their followers.
Power itself is nothing when it can not change or will others under it.
Old 15-01-2019, 03:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Long ago I activated kundalini and it was insane. I did learn a lot and it led me to great power, miracles, and understanding. I however would not recommend this path to everyone. I spent weeks rocking back and forth in my bed while delving into the depths of insanity. A fine line.

what were you left with? i liken it to a bull ride. you hang on tell she runs out of steam. really hard for me to imagine it not being worth. but i would say was the most beautiful and crazy ride i could of ever imagined. but again. worth it for me. but can understand why somebody wouldn't hop on.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Power....well, we all have it, even if we don't realize how much we have.
Our thoughts, intentions, desires, words and beliefs have immense power.

There is power in our confident stance and in our very aura.
As there is power in our weak, confused stance and aura.

I would say..."Discover the power you have! Use it wisely for good!"

Very wise words Miss H...yes, everything matters and yes, there's nothing for it but to rise to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running
Power is in making the two into one. the male(shiva) merges with the female(shakti). kundalini. the POWER becomes you. in the form of emanating causeless joy and silence.

Beautifully said Running...

There should be another quote here, LOL...

I was also looking for someone's quote that strength is one thing but often runs out of control, whilst power is the ability to discipline and wield your strength...and to do so prudently and wisely, I would add. I missed it but I'm sure it's here somewhere.

I think that coming into the raw strength but lacking the groundedness that allows for power as defined here (discipline, prudence, wisdom) is the reason why some go mad or are imbalanced or otherwise negatively impacted.

If we cannot ground and redirect the energy, then we would be just a magnet for the lightning and one which is easily damaged and destroyed...often causing great harm to our surroundings & those near us, as well.

That's what many may not understand...the real transformation is not just gaining or accessing the strength, it is the integrity, discipline, and transformation involved in gaining or accessing the strength. Which ultimately involve conscious choices taken consistently, day-by-day. That's exactly what chop wood, carry water means, in this context.

Let me give a really clear and strong example...the spiritual strength of a man who does not get physically involved with another without engaging his whole heart and his whole mind (the Eastern tradition ideal which also used to be the Western tradition ideal)...versus one who works on physical feats and meditative skills but who often exempts himself from discipline and integrity in his sexual relationships (and they are just that, when there is no authentic love and integrity.

For the one who exempts himself from integrity and honourable intention in his sexual relationships, he indulges his desires more freely. His passions may then flare and end up controlling him -- and then in seeking to re-exert dominance over his unruly fire, some may disassociate or detach...damaging his own spiritual and emotional integrity and well-being.

When we take in the aura and presence of these two, one is much more whole and consistent to the core. One is much stronger and purer in spirit, in the sense of integrity, of consistency of intent and action. One has balanced and integrated his fire much more deeply. He can choose when to engage and to engage wisely, fully, deeply, and truly. This is true power, which the other will lack regardless of physical prowess...or the fire in his belly...or how long he can sit in meditation...or the philosophical things he can manipulate in his mind.

Just some thoughts I had to add on to strength versus power, and why grounding in integrity is ultimately the key to power, or, the key to gaining strength that can be held, wielded, and enhanced safely and without end.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 16-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Just some thoughts I had to add on to strength versus power, and why grounding in integrity is ultimately the key to power, or, the key to gaining strength that can be held, wielded, and enhanced safely and without end.

Peace & blessings
7L

7luminaries,

Earlier in this thread I attempted to characterize the question as one of power vs. force.......trying to articulate that true power is seen when it is used to help others whereas force is used mainly to help one's self.

That said there exists a mutual aspect to the nature of true power. Power is largely based on having the confidence, allegiance, respect, etc. of others. It should be apparent in government, work environment, the military and the family. It is a matter of dynamics. These dynamics apply to the ones with 'power' and the ones who bestow this power. When one with power loses the confidence of others then the genuine amount of power in his/her possession begins to either decline or evaporate. For example, if I believe in my boss I will be a productive worker......if not, the reverse will be true. If my parents, my family believe in me I will be empowered. I could continue with supporting evidence.....:) but lengthy postings are abhorrent to me.

In matters of spirituality and religion it seems that those whose belief in such(either God or religion or englightment) benefit the most and experience power based on their degree of confidence and/or belief in such.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Molearner

In an attempt to be more concise;

Power is the ability to instill confidence in others so that common goals can be realized.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah but control over another can lead to great things and great outcomes. I practice control over others, and I have made bad people into good people. Control is power indeed, and I wonder why you ave given it a negative light. All power can be used for good or bad and that is the choice the wielder must make. I use it for good mostly, although i do have a lil dark side I indulge in as well. Nothing evil. Just fun.

The one who wields the most power, absolute power, is akin to becoming pure will. Pure will/intent, has no true volition. It is indifferent and raw. It has no desire and does nothing. It needs a volition to be moved into action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Kerubiel,

I would mostly disagree. Control of self is good.....control over others not so good. Control over others is not really power it is more accurately described as force. A dictator rules by force rather than power. "Omnia vincit amor"......love conquers all....the power of love.......the power of prayer....the power of faith to move mountains..etc. This is real power....it serves the good of many. Force is used to serve the self. When you say you have control over others you are implying that you have taken away a measure of their freedom.
Molearner, I found your earlier post...I missed this

Yes, agreed full stop...IMO it is as you say.
Control over others is misaligned with What Is and thus must be constantly (re)imposed and continually (re)asserted with self- or group-based shows of force, propaganda, aggrandisement, and so forth.

True power is centred and right-aligned with Source, and from this centre, authentic love is shared and can be made manifest in each moment.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke