Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-07-2016, 04:43 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
What is "they", is this the person or belief won't exist. This suggests to me a concept of total fear and how it attaches the characteristics to everything. Where we think belief is one thing it is elsewhere. We take the property and that is what is hidden.

"They" is that which is aware of the belief, the entity which is attached to it as if the belief is who or what they are.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:42 AM
Pathfinder
In 2013, I was asked: "What is the use of spending all one’s time on things that don’t last? The drama of life has for its moral the fact it is merely that: a drama, an illusion." I replied: What then is your need of playing in this illusion, and spending all your time enlarging your human mentality when you, as [your name], will not last?

The individuality of thoughts classified as spiritual or carnal are who we are. And all of life has meaning. If this was not true, then existence would not exist as individual selves. We do not comprehend this truth because we cannot, have not, and refused to look into the invisibility of ourselves.

Individuality of thoughts does not die. Individuality of thinking does not die. Individuality of anything a man/woman/child does cannot die when mother earth reclaims the thought skin which formed in her womb, and became the outward flesh of the individual. All thoughts seek that magnitude which is their level, sphere, realm dimension, degree, and the thought form which gives them life to live and become an activity of living within that life. It is a truth, and a present truth the earth is alive. Thought never dies..

The realm of flesh is the interval which moves the 'id, ego and mind' to project interpretations of that which it knows not of. Thoughts are the recycled relativity which is the base for understanding relativity. But to our individual thinking, thoughts are the exactness of the touch which objectify our senses to see, hear, taste, and smell the subject of the earth matter. Flesh is the matter of the earth. All our thoughts can be found within the bound of the space of earth matter. This is the reason we can recall the suppose beginning and place this beginning on parchment for other such selves to relate to.

Thoughts are free and alive. We were born into thoughts because of thoughts. The thoughts we think and accept, in vain as personal, were free and alive before our introduction into earth matter. Those same thoughts we took with our first breath into our-self as ours, are still free and alive in the space of the matter of the earth whether comprehended or not.

The earth is not the infinity of thought, only a space which keeps the thought of the invisible a metaphor. What is stupefying is that we lives in the invisibility of infinity. Thought manifest out of the invisible into the invisibility of all thinking individual awareness. We lives, and moves, and have our being in the infinity of thoughts. It makes no difference what we thinks. What makes a difference is our elimination of the space of thoughts which formed our outer covering and shaped itself to be the form of the matter of a divided earth. Should we, individually learned to take no thought to be personal, and succumbed not to the thought body of earth's dual matter of recycled thoughts, the light of our Christ Aura of thought will no longer be hide under a bush. Instead, we will have allowed the Aura of Christ's Individual Spirit light to shine as a beacon for all to see, in hope His aura, through us, will inspire someone forward to find their Christ Aura shining out of the darkness of their human mind."

"The Aura of the Christ's Individual Spirit" - by Julius Fann
Old 05-07-2016, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
How much of what we think we know do we actually know? I put forth the proposition that most of what we think we know is actually what we believe. Belief plays a major role in our life as it is what we put faith in, and we live our lives based on our beliefs. Proof of something is usually arrived at based on either inductive or deductive reasoning which involves a modicum of beliefs. Reality is based on what we believe it to be; truth in this world is often validated by how many people believe that it is true, but quantity is not a very good measure of quality.
Yepsie. I always find it totally amazing how people try to argue with me, sell me their beliefs and try to influence my reasoning up to the point where I tell them I am certified. Amazing how they drop everything like a hot potato then and leave me alone in my own blissful ignorance where I prefer to be. Good thing about being crazy is you get to do whatever you bloody want without restriction...bad thing, you're the only one who's ever gonna understand you...and as a result, a 'god entity' must surface to fill the void left by almost total ego annihilation and existential isolation.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Master
It was much easier back in the day when I did not hold strong beliefs because I was pretty flexible and I could believe anything was possible, which meant I could go along with any unusual idea. I didn't embrace it but I would consider it.
Now I know a bit more but I try to hold on to my pragmatism. I have guardians and they have taught me many things, but we have our own legends and beliefs so now I can't go along with a belief that I feel is completely wrong for me. I won't entertain it, or discuss it.

However it is important to respect the beliefs of others because our experiences differ greatly and we have different stories and legends. Nobody has the right to dictate another person's truth. That goes both ways. I wouldn't tell somebody they are wrong but I don't want a lecture about how they are all knowing and I am misinformed.

I believe everybody's experiences, but the interpretation is where I have a problem. I have to try to follow my own rules and accept and not offend.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yepsie. I always find it totally amazing how people try to argue with me, sell me their beliefs and try to influence my reasoning up to the point where I tell them I am certified. Amazing how they drop everything like a hot potato then and leave me alone in my own blissful ignorance where I prefer to be. Good thing about being crazy is you get to do whatever you bloody want without restriction...bad thing, you're the only one who's ever gonna understand you...and as a result, a 'god entity' must surface to fill the void left by almost total ego annihilation and existential isolation.
Wonderfully said my friend.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer

I will second Starman's response. Well said. And, as I see it this statement is the absolute truth; "you're the only one who's ever gonna understand you"

"leave me alone in my own blissful ignorance" thus the teaching, the highest knowing is knowing you don't know.

“Wisdom tends to grow in proportion to one's awareness of one's ignorance."

In the words of Adyashanti; "Nothing appears to be something. The human experience is a sensory organ for the divine self. Through these eyes, the divine gets to see itself in form."

"As you peel it back, in the heart of nothing, that is love. You are what you are seeking. Life is a set up so that each of us can actually see in ourselves the truth for ourselves. What gets taken away are all the exterior means we thought we wanted love to come to us. You have the choice to notice the perfect set up to see love is exactly what you are."

“Only when the pursuit ceases, is it possible to recognize what comprises you: pure being.” <I find this pointer to be radically important.

"When we really start to take a look at who we think we are... we start to see that while we may have various thoughts, beliefs, and identities, they do not individually or collectively tell us who we are. [And yet] it is astounding how completely we humans define ourselves by the content of our minds, feelings, and history."

“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the façade of pretense. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.”

“In the end it’s all very simple. Either we give ourselves to Silence or we don’t.”
Old 05-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
How much of what we think we know do we actually know? I put forth the proposition that most of what we think we know is actually what we believe. Belief plays a major role in our life as it is what we put faith in, and we live our lives based on our beliefs. Proof of something is usually arrived at based on either inductive or deductive reasoning which involves a modicum of beliefs. Reality is based on what we believe it to be; truth in this world is often validated by how many people believe that it is true, but quantity is not a very good measure of quality.

Yes. Rigid belief can be just as much a self-made prison as anything else. Better to be fluid. (While of course always remaining vigilant and aware, and not falling into ego-based traps, wishes and thought-loops)
Old 07-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Master
Hello,

Perhaps going out on a limb here, but isn't saying one should do this or that with "ego" or blaming "ego" in a way "egotistical"?

I mean perhaps in some practices it may make a difference, but I normally don't speak like that. I don't say "Ego made me do it". When something is recognized with in it is all me. So, it breaks down to what is working, what is not, what is blocking me and what is not.

Sure, there is a part of me that tries to hang on to certain things and get that aspect of "ego", but when it's broken down even further find it is the self and what may make this self.
The thinking, observing, emotions, decision, perceptions, and interaction.

So, then look at what needs to be done or is realized, then go from there.

I venture to guess it is what one may find value in. If it has some value to one then it seems it makes a difference. If no value is held for it, then it seems it doesn't matter. Doesn't mean it is not happening, just its impact isn't as strong or just noticed and passed on by

This is just my current take on this.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Master

There are many branches to a tree. Each has its purpose and its place.
The same with faiths ....

If your belief system helps you to 'blossom' and grow in wisdom, kindness, humanity and love, then you have found something precious, and it's the right path for you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 07-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Experiencer
Never mind. I had an explanation, but what's the point?