Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 05-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Deactivated Account

oh Soulie, no pressure at all

it was just an idea, you have to paint whatever is speaking to you ! I am just here to listen and appreciate .

really very easy, just slap on some blue paint for the sky, a little beigeish brown for the sand and a different shade of blue for the ocean, not a big deal ! oh wait, I should say " splodge on " lol !

you still have a few hours left tonight

I will patiently be waiting....

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Prokopton

Very nice job on birches, Simon!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
Very nice job on birches, Simon!

Thanks a lot mate !! ...... much appreciated again !!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
oh Soulie, no pressure at all

it was just an idea, you have to paint whatever is speaking to you ! I am just here to listen and appreciate .

really very easy, just slap on some blue paint for the sky, a little beigeish brown for the sand and a different shade of blue for the ocean, not a big deal ! oh wait, I should say " splodge on " lol !

you still have a few hours left tonight

I will patiently be waiting....

Oh !! ....... so it's that easy is it !! ....... lol

cheeky monkey !!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Suspended
Hiya Soulie

Lovely birch trees - you're really good at them!

I'm a bit confused about the blue bit with the burnt sienna colour at the top. I'm assuming the blue is sky (that bird is rather huge considering how far away the horizon is! ) but what's the sienna? Is it the top of the trees in the foreground or is it more trees in the disance? I'll tell you why I'm confused when you let me know what it is.

Oh and I have a tip for you...one of the things I learned when I went to a local art group (he was a landscape artist) is to avoid putting your horizon halfway up (or down) the paper/canvas. It's something to do with where the viewer's eyes rest and it looks better if the horizon is either one-third up (if you want to paint more sky things) or one-third down (if you want to paint more ground things). Of course, this isn't a strict rule but I've noticed that it does look better.

Hope you don't mind me sharing that with you.

Squiggle
Old 06-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Master
Hi Squatch !!

Thanks for the tip about the horizon ...... I've had no art lessons (not since I was a nipper ...... if I can remember that far back ) ....... so any hints, tips or advice are most welcome !!

I have to admit to getting a bit confused myself when I was painting it. The photo I was using as a reference had three trees close up, right at the front as though you were looking through them to see all the rest. I decided though to leave them out in my painting ...... the sky is seen through the tree trunks, underneath the leaves.

The leaves are meant to be on the back trees, you dont see the ones on the front trees as they are closer to the viewer, but ...... here's where it went a bit wobbly ...... I didn't put enough trees in at the back, hence it looks a bit like the leaves are floating in mid air ...... Doh !! ...... still, it's all a good learning experience !! ....... I enjoyed painting it all the same !!

I'm toying with the idea of repainting the top half, but I might just leave it be, and chalk it up to experience ......
Old 06-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Searching
I have to admit to getting a bit confused myself when I was painting it.

That's a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulie
hence it looks a bit like the leaves are floating in mid air ...

There's my confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulie
... still, it's all a good learning experience !! ....... I enjoyed painting it all the same !!

And that's the main thing.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Searching
Hi everyone !!

Finally managed to find time to "Splodge" some paint today ........

Here's my latest offering ....... a Birch Tree wood scene.

I got the idea from a photo I found on the net last week ...... this painting is a bit larger than the first 3 though, as I thought it needed the extra size to get all the trees in.

It measures 16 x 12 inches, painted on canvas board ...... I'm well pleased with the result ...... not bad for an afternoons work !! ........

Hope you enjoy it ........

Simon.

GLAD you are enjoying this, and by the way, i just love the taste of birchwood trees.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
....... and by the way, i just love the taste of birchwood trees.

.................. Huh ? ............. to quote Gollum in "Lord Of the Rings" ....... "are they tasty precious ?" .............

Hey Gracey ...... is this a US custom we Yorkshire Puds know nowt about ? .............. lol