Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 16-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Master
The one pallet with crystals from Tucson they had flown over has arrived :)
A few things will be in the shop this weekend, but not everything as they have to unpack, weigh & price.
The rest they bought will be another month before it arrives.
Unsure when to go over.
It's usually unbelievably busy when these crystals from Tucson are in and I want to go with my mum. She needs a walker so when it's very busy it's not going to work out.
Yet I don't want to wait to long lest some things sell out fast...
Old 17-02-2024, 07:14 AM
Master

Oh and I can't tell you how exciting it is when a pallet of new stock arrives .
Even for the vendor it is the most wonderful time opening all of the boxes and crates because even though you know what you ordered it's still like being a kiddie at Christmas because every single crystal is different and unique .

For example , unwrapping and opening a large crystal geode is amazing.
They had already been opened in half but packaged back together as a whole . So to then open each one up to see the beauty inside, and to what scale is just too exciting for words .
Same with amethyst caves/ cathedrals ...
You might order a pallet of 2 dozen, but each and every one is so different and beautiful in its own right .
And YES the vendor DOES have to rein themselves in or they would never sell a single piece.
It's just too tempting but I admit it's lovely to have first choice to keep any and at cost , and as a result i own some lovely pieces.
Old 17-02-2024, 10:32 AM
Master
Yes such things are wonderful!
So you've had your own shop?

I've experienced that when I had my webshop and ordered all my things abroad from UK, US, AUS, Germany.
But with crystals it's different of course as none is the exact same.

From what they write in their blogs they are always very excited and they have tons of crystals themselves too.

When it comes from Tucson they have already seen them as they handpick the crystals. Sellers allow them to do that. In exchange they often help unpack the Tucson sellers so both sides gain something from it. They don't just buy an entire drum for instance.
They only buy the best and highest quality & vibrational pieces.
Except with things like sweet water pearls I suppose. I doubt you'd handpick each and every one, hihi.
But they're back in the shop, happy about that as I wanted a few more and gift one to my daughter & mum, too but they were out.
Old 17-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Master
To be honest, this time I'm not sure there's anything in particular I'd want from their trip to Tucson, bar for the freshwater pearl and the hyalite opal they bought.
The quality of hyalite opal was fantastic! I want one, hihi.
Old 18-02-2024, 03:02 AM
Master
The shows are over with.

As it was, the shows lasted 2 days short of being one month for the general public whereas the wholesale sections, in many cases, were open around about 2 weeks earlier. As it is, it appears that the bulk of the money transactions happen during this time period.

As for new 'stuff': there appears to be nothing 'really' new. There was a lot of stuff that was high quality and presented in new formats. Selenite has followed that pattern for numerous years.

As in previous years, new 'items' do show up. Generally they are 'items' that have been around for some time but now go by a new name.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-02-2024, 10:39 AM
Master
That might be your experience, it isn't mine.
New, never before found crystals come up all the time, which is quite logical really.
And sometimes entirely new versions of an already known crystal which also makes it a new find.

But this year they didn't get much of that from Tucson, unfortunately. Could be because during the pandemic they found different ways of obtaining those and maybe they only wanted to restock in Tucson what they couldn't get elsewhere.
Old 18-02-2024, 11:25 AM
Master
What new crystals where found?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-02-2024, 02:10 PM
Master
If you claim to be well acquainted with crystals I don't understand how you don't know.
If no new crystal had been found over the years, and continue to be found, we would only have clear quartz, amethyst, and rose quartz.
Even things like opals had to be newly discovered at some point.

If you really want you can easily find out by Googling. I'm not going to make an extensive list, way too much work, just to convince you. I don't have to convince you, if you don't know, you don't know, if you don't want to 'broaden your mind' as the Joker once said that's your choice.
Nevertheless a few for your convenience
Natrolite - 2020 Indonesia
Pink Amethyst - introduced in 2018 at Tucson
(golden) richterite - in 2002 in Koksha Valley, Kuran wa Munjan District, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
Stellar beam calcite - Atlas mountains Morocco. Entirely different look AND energy from the other "older" version
Sunset sodalite - Canada
Yooperlite - 2017 Lake Superior in Michigan
Caribbean blue aragonite- 2019 Pakistan

And there are hundreds, maybe thousands, more.
Many from Madagascar, but also African countries, these days also from Pakistan & India but even in Brazil they keep finding new crystals.

Since crystals are such a booming business it's logical that people are on the lookout for anything new.
Old 19-02-2024, 03:50 PM
Master
Natrolite was named over 2 centuries ago. Sure, it was found in Java in 2020, but it has been found in a lot of other places before that.

Versions of Pink Amethyst have been around for some time.

Richterite got named in 1865. Golden Richterite is just another version of Richterite.

Stellar Beam Calcite is typically known as Dog Tooth Calcite.

Sunset Sodalite is just another version of Sodalite. It is a version I am not attracted to.

Yooperlite is a trade named mineral for Syenite which contains fluorescent Sodalite. Erik Rintamaki, the 'namer', didn't know the mineral's real name.

Today, some of the better specimens of Yooperlite seem to be reconstructed.

Caribbean Blue Aragonite is another marketing version of Aragonite. Aragonite amazes me in the various forms/formats it comes in. I love the crystal forms while at the same time are amazed by the free form versions.

In Tucson, many 'new' minerals were introduced this year just like they have been introduced previous years. Generally they are trademarked, are given some interesting properties and rarely are associated with their common name. When this is done, the "trademarker" might have an asking price 100 times or more over that of the common known name.

Old 19-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Master
It's not about you liking it or not or it being marketed under a certain name.
It's about crystal being new.
Richterite may have been around but not this. Doesn't even look like richterite, looks more like golden tektite, but it isn't.
In that sense it's a new find, a new variety.
The fact that you don't like that, or maybe don't agree or whatever, has no bearing on it.
New is new.
That goes for new combination crystals as well btw.

And the stellar beam calcite being known under another name, what's that got to do with it? You're creating arguments that aren't arguments.
They can call it dolphins tooth for all I care. It's a new variety :)

And those were just a few. Tons more on the shop's website -and on the net. I'm not going to find them for you.
You're just seeking conflict and wanting to deny everything even though it's true & factual.
Not my cup of tea.