Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-07-2011, 12:03 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Koans are useful. what they are designed for is to given you that instant knowing - instant enlightenment, if you will.

All it really takes is one moment of looking, true looking. Then you see through yourself into the void. You become the void.

This is the purpose of koans, too. to help you achieve this state. It is all about losing the mind and simply being.

You shall burn in eternal fire, the flames lick you as you bathe.

A sufi quote; "A fish unto water, a bird unto air, a man unto himself."

Buddha's enlightenment was instant, enlightenment always is. You may take a whole lifetime searching for that single moment when you 'get' it. When it clicks and you are enlightened.

And he did in fact do this.

Blessings

Enlightener (sorry for the name guys, totally pun )

I love em & the zen stories as well. Not sure why I'm just drawn to them. They just really communicate & they're fun too ,
Old 29-07-2011, 12:04 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
...and you never will again....

dododododododododo....theme from the Twilight Zone
Old 29-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Master
This is instant enlightenment nh...............

You know you live in Queensland Australia when....

1. The best parking space is determined by shade, not distance.

2. Hot water comes out of both taps.

3 . You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

4. The temperature drops below 35c and you feel a little chilly.

5. You discover that in February it only takes two fingers to steer your car.

6. You discover that you can get badly sunburned through your car window - even on a very short trip.

7. You develop a fear of metal car door handles.

8. You break into a sweat the instant you step outside your house in the morning.

9. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

10. You realise that asphalt has a liquid state.

11. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard-boiled eggs.

12. The cows are giving evaporated milk.

13. The trees are whistling for the dogs.

14. While walking back barefoot to your car from the beach, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park.

15. You catch a cold from having the aircon full blast while you sleep during the night.

16. You pray that your train/bus will have air-conditioning, and if it doesn't, waiting an
extra 15 minutes for one is worth it.

17. You'd rather be at work in the air-conditioning than anywhere else in the world.

18. If you have no air-conditioning at work, you take an unpaid day off to stay home in the
air-conditioning.

19. The thought that you have no air-conditioning at work or at home reduces you to tears.

20. You're tears evaporate before they hit your cheeks.
Old 29-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Master
Anywho why do you think these avenues for instant enlightenment are appearing? NH

People are turning to spirituality these days (the world has let them down) and the attractiveness of such instant enlightenment roads, to the young in body and spirit, is hard to resist.
You can easily spot them, being of mature body and spirit, by the fact that they come trying to change everyone else.
It's simple immaturity IMO topped with the arrogance of youth and it tends to rub people the wrong way, which immaturity sees as a win convincing itself that others don't want to see.....lol
It really has nothing to do with spirituality..........it's just a sign of the times.
IMO
James
Old 29-07-2011, 12:23 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Anywho why do you think these avenues for instant enlightenment are appearing? NH

People are turning to spirituality these days (the world has let them down) and the attractiveness of such instant enlightenment roads, to the young in body and spirit, is hard to resist.
You can easily spot them, being of mature body and spirit, by the fact that they come trying to change everyone else.
It's simple immaturity IMO topped with the arrogance of youth and it tends to rub people the wrong way, which immaturity sees as a win convincing itself that others don't want to see.....lol
It really has nothing to do with spirituality..........it's just a sign of the times.
IMO
James
I know what you mean James but I can't help thinking maybe if it gets bums on seats it's not a bad thing. Or that may just be me with the rose coloured glasses on
Old 29-07-2011, 12:26 PM
not human

Quote:
This is instant enlightenment nh...............

You know you live in Queensland Australia when....

1. The best parking space is determined by shade, not distance.

2. Hot water comes out of both taps.

3 . You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

4. The temperature drops below 35c and you feel a little chilly.

5. You discover that in February it only takes two fingers to steer your car.

6. You discover that you can get badly sunburned through your car window - even on a very short trip.

7. You develop a fear of metal car door handles.

8. You break into a sweat the instant you step outside your house in the morning.

9. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

10. You realise that asphalt has a liquid state.

11. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard-boiled eggs.

12. The cows are giving evaporated milk.

13. The trees are whistling for the dogs.

14. While walking back barefoot to your car from the beach, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park.

15. You catch a cold from having the aircon full blast while you sleep during the night.

16. You pray that your train/bus will have air-conditioning, and if it doesn't, waiting an
extra 15 minutes for one is worth it.

17. You'd rather be at work in the air-conditioning than anywhere else in the world.

18. If you have no air-conditioning at work, you take an unpaid day off to stay home in the
air-conditioning.

19. The thought that you have no air-conditioning at work or at home reduces you to tears.

20. You're tears evaporate before they hit your cheeks.
In the voice of Joh Bjelke Peterson ...now, now ,now Night Spirit don't you worry about that. You let me worry about that & you, you ,you just worry about....not that
Old 29-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

IMO
James

Everyone's learning experiences are unique ... I respect that ...
Old 29-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
In the voice of Joh Bjelke Peterson ...now, now ,now Night Spirit don't you worry about that. You let me worry about that & you, you ,you just worry about....not that

LOL...good likeness nh
Old 29-07-2011, 12:30 PM
not human

Quote:
LOL...good likeness nh

Ah takes me back to the days of pumpkin scones & over zealous police
Old 29-07-2011, 12:32 PM
not human

I'm going to read bedtime stories now guys. Good night & sleep tight zzzzzzz