Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-06-2019, 11:49 PM
janielee

Also I thank django for starting this topic; it's a valid point and one I respect [although do agree w/Altair re: use of phrase politically correct]
Old 07-06-2019, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
That's your perception

Do you really have to be so childish?

Fundamental Christians are different from Gnostics. Where does my perception come into it?

Are you trying to tell me that because I see apples differently from oranges it all boils down to my perception?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Fundamental Christians are different from Gnostics. Where does my perception come into it?

Are you trying to tell me that because I see apples differently from oranges it all boils down to my perception?

' Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. '
Old 07-06-2019, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:

Let us see what apples and oranges have in common shall we?...they are both "fruit"...they both grow on a "tree"...they both have seeds inside..

Now, had you said that you see apples differently from potatoes, I could understand that...unless I was French, of course.

As much as you don't like hearing this, it IS all due to your perception and always HAS been, ever since you made your first "I AM" thread on here many years ago.

Why does it matter to you that the Gnostics believe what they do? At very best, it strengthens your own Faith when you say "Dear Lord, I am so very grateful not to believe what THEY do" and then you move on..."Thank you for your opinion...thank you for taking the time to reply to me...thank you for rudely disagreeing with me...thank you for being as a$$hole... THANK YOU... because you have made my own position that MUCH clearer to me".

...and I have been watching WAY too many Matt Kahn videos:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh8mZxAkScw

What does it matter to you if the Gnostics overrun the Christian Forum?

I mean, I used to get cranky when ISKCON overran every Hindu topic on YouTube...until I realised that this is what HAPPENS when Western concepts become applied to pure, Eastern teachings...and Christianity is not immune from this either...it is pretty much why Christianity broke away from Judaism in the first place.

This is going to sound a bit crass...but stick with what you know and feel in your deepest heart of hearts.

If anybody comes along and tells you that you are wrong/stupid/delusional for believing or feeling what you do, I have two words for them...and I bet you don't need much perception to be able to tell what they are.

If they are then saying that I am being closed minded, intolerant, pigheaded, stubborn etc...I just repeat those two words they obviously didn't hear the first time.

If you liken those who try to peddle and sell you their belief systems as used car salesmen or door to door life insurance dealers or vacuum cleaner demonstrators who won't take "no thank you" for an answer, you have pretty much made it.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:58 AM
Master
Quote:
' Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. '

Childish and childlike.....

Old 07-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
That's your perception
Literally true..

I consider Gnostics very much Christian as they seem to view Jesus as the saviour. How more 'Christian' could you get..? Oh and different brands of Christianity emphasize different things. Are modern evangelicals any more 'Christian' than Cathars, Gnostics, or Catholics..? Who's to say. The bible has so many different teachings and authors you're bound to get a variety of followers..

Old 07-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Literally true..

I consider Gnostics very much Christian as they seem to view Jesus as the saviour. How more 'Christian' could you get..? Oh and different brands of Christianity emphasize different things. Are modern evangelicals any more 'Christian' than Cathars, Gnostics, or Catholics..? Who's to say. The bible has so many different teachings and authors you're bound to get a variety of followers..

By their fruits they shall be known...
I agree that Gnostics are very much Christian. I wonder do the Christian judges on here disagree that Christian Mystics/Saints are Christians

They speak of Enlightenment etc: and many different experiences that are exactly the same as Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions teach....

I wonder sometimes how some Christians cannot see that most biblical stories/myths are similar to other Ancient religion's/beliefs, just adapted to fit the time scale and culture. I think when you are comfortable in your own system you don't need to judge others but rather accept, as you pointed out there are many variations and if they have love, compassion and empathy for all sentient beings you can't go wrong regardless of the label others stick on you.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I consider Gnostics very much Christian as they seem to view Jesus as the saviour.

Now I am getting confused. Almost all the Gnostics here at SF don't view Christ as the saviour. Everyone is their OWN saviour they tell me.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Now I am getting confused. Almost all the Gnostics here at SF don't view Christ as the saviour. Everyone is their OWN saviour they tell me.

Go sweep out the chamber of your heart.
Make it ready to be the dwelling place of the Beloved.
When you depart out, He will enter it.
In you, void of yourself, will He display His beauties.

No Honza, I know it's not a Christian Quote but apt for someone who is confused
Old 07-06-2019, 01:34 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

If anybody comes along and tells you that you are wrong/stupid/delusional for believing or feeling what you do, I have two words for them...and I bet you don't need much perception to be able to tell what they are.

If they are then saying that I am being closed minded, intolerant, pigheaded, stubborn etc...I just repeat those two words they obviously didn't hear the first time.

Are these 2 words

Bless you?