Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
There is no difference, just mishmashed views!

You can place a boundary when you care for someone's safety, yet if someone is pigheaded enough they'll do it anyway!

Within families, letting be or allowing is different!

You care differently with regards to families as you do with people outside of your family! We love and support our families throughout!

Letting ousiders be is easy, you can have your say and walk away if the need arises! Let them decide who and what they want to be in life! Where you use your free will to be you, let them be them. That's all.

What will be, will be!

Your first post about honesty didn't indicate the relevance within a family.

So I took it to be a generic comment.

This is where the confusion has set in!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Thanks for clarifying Jo. I agree that it is easier to let those outside of a family be and I also have experience of putting in a boundary only to have it completely disregarded :)

Take care,
Andrew
Old 10-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
I know exactly where your coming from Saggi, but not sure I understand what andrew is getting at. It doesn't really matter though, as long as I know where I'm coming from. That's what counts

In summary, I have been illustrating that there are times when the most intelligent, loving and peaceful approach to situations is to allow and say 'yes', and in other situations the most intelligent, loving and peaceful strategy is to not allow and say 'no'.

The point behind that was that being flexible in our approaches and strategies is helpful.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Words are the thing. Case in point I was driving to work the other day just looking around at the world. Tears came......cried like a baby...no reason. Always surpressed that stuff up until recently ...they were tears of ( I don't even know the word ) wonder is the closest I can come to. Then I go to work & bang wood together all day. It's purely cognitive & all sqiggely lines....

I have to second Psychoslice's motion:

"Beautiful...just beautiful."

Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
In summary, I have been illustrating that there are times when the most intelligent, loving and peaceful approach to situations is to allow and say 'yes', and in other situations the most intelligent, loving and peaceful strategy is to not allow and say 'no'.

The point behind that was that being flexible in our approaches and strategies is helpful.

Thanks andrew...I can go with that
Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
not human

I am not quite ready to let this thread slip away into obscurity. I think I'll keep it active as a sort of humanesque log book. I know it has also resonated for a couple of others as well.
What I have been noticing as a byproduct of my human experience lately is how intention is becoming more authentic.
I am finding that the more I trust my intention the more freedom is created through certainty. Trusting yourself.
It means you can say exactly how you feel as long as you know your intention for doing so. How the recipiant interprets it ...is how the recipiant interprets it.
Its 2.39 in the morning this may not make sense to me later on but hey.......stick a fork in it...it's done......
Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Suspended
Quote:
It means you can say exactly how you feel as long as you know your intention for doing so.

I like this.

However, knowing your intention is one thing.

Would it be even more transparent to let the recipient know your intention behind the statement as well?

Therefore all is in the open? The recipient can only interpret it within the boundaries of your intention. If that makes sense.

That transparency scares the bejesus out of me. I'm going to hide behind being British, polite and hiding my emotions...
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Just jumping aboard to say really nice thread...really resonates with me too.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I like this.

However, knowing your intention is one thing.

Would it be even more transparent to let the recipient know your intention behind the statement as well?

Therefore all is in the open? The recipient can only interpret it within the boundaries of your intention. If that makes sense.

That transparency scares the bejesus out of me. I'm going to hide behind being British, polite and hiding my emotions...

What I'm thinking S...is that the intention should be as it is.... I don't know if it's possible to create the desired effect on the other side seems a bit needy & dishonest if that makes sense.
What I'm finding is that the pain of transparency only exists if your itention is blurred & confusion arises. I can only speak for what I am finding at the mo. Quite frankly I find the British stiff upper lip very appealing with the right shade of lip gloss
Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Suspended
Quote:
What I'm thinking S...is that the intention should be as it is.... I don't know if it's possible to create the desired effect on the other side seems a bit needy & dishonest if that makes sense.
What I'm finding is that the pain of transparency only exists if your itention is blurred & confusion arises. I can only speak for what I am finding at the mo.

Can you give me a working example nh? I understand so much better with examples/analogies.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
not human

Sure S. I have an intention to communicate love & friendship. I am intuitively certain in my intention, Same could be said of humour, concern, compassion etc. So my side is cool. It gets to the other side & thought patterns & beliefs of the recipiant may abbhorate the intention or try to redesign it to fit their working reality. God it sounds like a mind bonk when you try & put it in words. I think I failed miserablely,,,,,,