Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 10-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Oh, that is a good one!! I thought that those terms just popped into my head!
I must have plucked them out of the "collective consciousness". And what I am trying to say, is if you have no INTEREST in fairies or elementals, WHY even go to a thread to look? If you are sure that they do not exist,why bother, if not to pick and jab? As you told me on the "matrixing " thread, since I challenged that those are rock elementals, the onus of proof is on me. The issue is this: I don't care if you or anyone else believes that these are photos of elementals or not. I and others do believe and we are not here asking you or Chrysaetos to prove us wrong.This thread is for fairy photos. This is a spiritual forum and spirituality cannot be proven. The soul cannot be proven to exist, neither can god or heaven, nor demons and devils. When it comes to the realm of SPIRITUALITY nothing at all CAN BE PROVEN!! The belief in fairies is both spiritual and cultural; no one said that it is a scientific certainty. I have never seen the far points of the universe with my own eyes, but I have seen PICTURES. I know that it is there. I know that air exists and I don't need anyone to prove that to me either.
Amethyst does not put photos here to prove anything; she puts them here to share with others who believe in them; not to defend those photos or analyze them for those who cannot see all the magic in the world around them. You don't believe in fairies; we got the message, loud and clear. So now that you all have posted your disbelief, you have made that explicitly clear. Why do you have the driving need to keep going at it over and over every time someone starts a thread that you have no faith or belief in? There is no obligation for you to convert everyone to your scientific way of looking at the world. If we choose to believe in magic, that is our right to be able to believe it in peace, without contention.

The short answer:
This is a forum for discussion, part of a discussion can be presenting opposing viewpoints for consideration and polite debate. I think it's healthy and intellectually stimulating to present multiple facets of a topic for discussion, mine just happens to be on the scientific side of the spectrum.

I do not understand why you seem so threatened by this, and seem to take the hostile stance you do. You, and anyone else here, has the right to believe in fairies or magic, that is your choice. But it is my right to disbelieve and question the assertions presented when I disagree with them -- Providing I do so politely and according to the rules -- Which I have.

Disagreement does not mean disrespect.

If you wish to present things wholly without contention, then an open forum is not the place for that. Private blogs and live journals are much better options if you truly wish there to be no contention/questioning/debate about issues such as the existence of magic and/or fairies.

If my posts offend you, there is the option to disregard them or to ignore me all together. However the OP, Amethyst, has taken the stance to engage me in a respectful debate over the matter which I thoroughly look forward to.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
The short answer: This is a forum for discussion, part of a discussion can be presenting opposing viewpoints for consideration and polite debate. I think it's healthy and intellectually stimulating to present multiple facets of a topic for discussion, mine just happens to be on the scientific side of the spectrum.

I do not understand why you seem so threatened by this, and seem to take the hostile stance you do. You, and anyone else here, has the right to believe in fairies or magic, that is your choice. But it is my right to disbelieve and question the assertions presented when I disagree with them -- Providing I do so politely and according to the rules -- Which I have.

If you wish to present things wholly without contention, then an open forum is not the place for that. Private blogs and live journals are much better options if you truly wish there to be no contention/questioning/debate about issues such as the existence of magic and/or fairies.

If my posts offend you, there is the option to disregard them or to ignore me all together. However the OP, Amethyst, has taken the stance to engage me in a respectful debate over the matter which I thoroughly look forward to.

Scibcat, I stated my feelings on this matter. In the past history of being here, many members have given up on certain topics due to being asked repeatedly over and over , to the point of absurdity, for proof of a thing which can not be proven. Eventually the believer is worn down by the constant demands of PROOF POSITIVE and either leaves the forum or draws into their self, . If you do not undertand what I mean by now, no matter how much we can discuss this. then you simply do not see it from the believers point of view. Members have actually left this forum because of this constant demanding stance for proof.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Scibcat, I stated my feelings on this matter. In the past history of being here, many members have given up on certain topics due to being asked repeatedly over and over , to the point of absurdity, for proof of a thing which can not be proven. Eventually the believer is worn down by the constant demands of PROOF POSITIVE and either leaves the forum or draws into their self, . If you do not undertand what I mean by now, no matter how much we can discuss this. then you simply do not see it from the believers point of view. Members have actually left this forum because of this constant demanding stance for proof.

I am not sure how to respond to that, it is certainly not my intent to see people leave the forum. On the other hand, it is also not my responsibility if they choose to do so because they cannot handle a little scrutiny of their beliefs and refuse to ignore a skeptic like me and my questioning. I could understand people becoming annoyed, upset, even hostile if I were rude, disrespectful, mocking or belittling of their beliefs, but I have been nothing but civil, polite and respectful.

Regarding this topic, again, Amethyst has replied to my posts and indicated a willingness and interest in debating the issue further and I am keen to hear what she has to say.

I repeat what I said previously, if asking for credible proof upsets people so, then they should simply ignore the question and/or ignore the user (In this case, moi.) and continue the discourse as if I weren't there. No one is forced to discuss the matter, or even reply to my (or anyone else's) posts here. As long as politeness and respect is maintained, I still fail to see the problem and as long there is a discussion that I am interested in participating in, I will continue to do so.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Summerland

Scibacat, I would have to commend you on your willingness to listen to Amethyst's research, if you are truly interested. It is not the asking for credible proof(even tho, there can not be any credible proof of these matters, just as there is no credible proof of god) but the persistent, wearing down, repetetive "show me the proof" statements.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:27 AM
pictoriale1

I have the highest respect for Amethyst being willing to come to SF and show to the forum what she has herself photographed and discovered.

I would encourage anyone who has any interest in this phenomena to go and take their own photographs and discover the wonders of nature for themselves.

The responsibility of proof resides with the one who is seeking it.
If you truly desire to know about something, reading books, taking in someone elses theories is not enough.

If you are the one who desires proof of anything, then you are the one who should be doing the legwork and finding out these things for yourself.

What we are being shown in these photographs is something more than the normal photographs show us.

Amethyst is trying to demonstrate what she has observed and much kudos to her. She is also giving her reasons and thoughts of how these things can occur.

These are not the normal, run of the mill photos, they require a certain way to look at them and to understand them.

Fake they are not, blurry yes, some of them are, but when you understand the reason for the blurring, then the phenomena becomes clearer and easier to understand.

I for one am waiting for her to post more of her photos.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat

The short answer:
This is a forum for discussion, part of a discussion can be presenting opposing viewpoints for consideration and polite debate. I think it's healthy and intellectually stimulating to present multiple facets of a topic for discussion, mine just happens to be on the scientific side of the spectrum.

This post has been certified as truth. It deserves a stamp of approval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pictoriale1
I would encourage anyone who has any interest in this phenomena to go and take their own photographs and discover the wonders of nature for themselves.
The responsibility of proof resides with the one who is seeking it.
If you truly desire to know about something, reading books, taking in someone elses theories is not enough.
If you are the one who desires proof of anything, then you are the one who should be doing the legwork and finding out these things for yourself.
I have done my homework and done my fieldwork. I have come to a different conclusion. We humans are good at anthropomorphizing nature..
I have paid close attention to this phenomena and I know what my mind is capable of..

We can find some of the most reclusive rainforest animals. Why have we no fairies in the zoo? Why has no cat or dog come home with a fairie?

Instead of blurry photo's, why not good quality video's that clearly show us fairies that move, and preferably not near plants.. ? :)
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
pictoriale1

Quote:
I have done my homework and done my fieldwork.

May I ask what was the "homework and fieldwork" you did Chrystaeos? I am curious to know.

Quote:
We can find some of the most reclusive rainforest animals. Why have we no fairies in the zoo? Why has no cat or dog come home with a fairie?

I now understand by your statement above where you are coming from with respect to your views on this phenomena.

You are expecting to see photographs of physical nature beings!!

Exactly what your impression of a faerie is, I do not know, maybe you expect to see a "tinkerbell" type with wings?

An animal is a physical being, a nature being/spirit is not of this physical dimension.

Wanting and expecting to see crystal clear photographs and videos of this phenomena is really showing you really have not put much effort into your "fieldwork and homework"

Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
mattie

Stone Circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
Examining this photo of the Avebury Stones, I get the impression the stones are crouching.

I'm reading a book that noted that the stone circles of this type were like a type of acupuncture for the planet's energies.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
I leave you with an incredibly blurred image. Some may see a total blur. Others might look into the blur and see who is there.

Hiya Amethyst and all

I've always enjoyed looking at these to see if there's anything I can see.

Sadly, I tend to miss most images unless they're pretty obvious.

However, if I scrunch my eyes and make myself blurry to match the picture, then I see a beautiful dark-haired lady in the middle wearing an ivory white dress (gosh, she has a stunning figure!). She's possibly playing a flute or reading. She stands out like a sore thumb now I've seen her!

Is it like those Magic Eye pictures where you have to look behind the first layer?

Squatch
Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Scibacat, I would have to commend you on your willingness to listen to Amethyst's research, if you are truly interested. It is not the asking for credible proof(even tho, there can not be any credible proof of these matters, just as there is no credible proof of god) but the persistent, wearing down, repetetive "show me the proof" statements.

If they are more than products of human psychology and imagination, why can there not be proof? Furthermore, there are many people who claim various things as proof of God and/or an intelligent design in the universe. When I say "show me credible proof" it is not said as a wearing down tactic, but because rarely does anyone event try.

To be fair however, Amethyst is trying. Regardless whether in the end I come around to her way of thinking or not, the fact that she has at least engaged me in this debate rather than being hostile and/or dismissive I find very refreshing and I have a great deal more respect for her now for doing so.

As I quoted before, from the late Carl Sagan:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Despite what pictoriale1 asserts, the onus of proof is on the person(s) making the extraordinary claim, not on the person disputing that claim -- Simply because it is nearly impossible to prove a negative (i.e. X doesn't exist).

You cannot simply shift the burden of proof just because you make a statement declaring such. A person making an extraordinary clam is under the obligation to defend it from it's detractors, assuming s/he cares about what they say/think about the claim itself.

This is the universally accepted methodology in nearly all forms of science and research.