Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 29-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Listen guys, just take it or leave it, I'm not explaining myself anymore.
Old 30-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
But we all believe something -- so do you -- you believe twin flames don't exist and you believe those who think they do are delusional. I understand your former belief in twin flames -- and the thoughts you had and have about your experience -- caused you misery. So for you it's helpful to let go.

I think sometimes what happens is people put old paradigm beliefs on their experiences and THAT is what causes the misery -- not the existence of a twin flame in their life.
I think misery is caused by attachments placed on the idea/beliefs that our happiness depends on the behaviour of someone else.

What is it we are trying to understand exactly? Are we trying to form a concept that fits in with the ideal relationship? Or are we really wanting to know the truth? Physical life is about duality, we cant have pleasure without experiencing pain, this is what we signed up for to experience emotion...energy in motion. We choose before incarnating whether our experiences come from amnesia or remembrance of our spiritual origins. Either way does not make anyone better than the other, whatever we do here is not judged as good or bad, only our limited viewpoint judges that.

However, pain lessens when we gain a modicum of understanding of who and what we really are, and I believe this is what Scarlett was trying to do, not to upset some any further but to make you question, we need to question. By forming beliefs we stop questioning that which is blinding us, we just build on the beliefs until we become so blind it becomes painful. There is a lot of pain here on this forum which indicates there are beliefs that need to be addressed before there can be any relief. If whats she's written has disturbed you then good, because now the belief is in the open and can be addressed.
Old 30-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Lakshmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
I think misery is caused by attachments placed on the idea/beliefs that our happiness depends on the behaviour of someone else.

What is it we are trying to understand exactly? Are we trying to form a concept that fits in with the ideal relationship? Or are we really wanting to know the truth? Physical life is about duality, we cant have pleasure without experiencing pain, this is what we signed up for to experience emotion...energy in motion. We choose before incarnating whether our experiences come from amnesia or remembrance of our spiritual origins. Either way does not make anyone better than the other, whatever we do here is not judged as good or bad, only our limited viewpoint judges that.

However, pain lessens when we gain a modicum of understanding of who and what we really are, and I believe this is what Scarlett was trying to do, not to upset some any further but to make you question, we need to question. By forming beliefs we stop questioning that which is blinding us, we just build on the beliefs until we become so blind it becomes painful. There is a lot of pain here on this forum which indicates there are beliefs that need to be addressed before there can be any relief. If whats she's written has disturbed you then good, because now the belief is in the open and can be addressed.

It does disturb me when someone comes on here and tells people they are delusional for believing in twin flames. This for many is the only "safe haven" they have in their lives for discussing an experience that has turned their world upside down -- if Scarlett is really trying to alleviate suffering, then I suggest she not insult people and tell them they are delusional for trying to sort through a unique experience. If people stick to sharing their own experience without judging, criticizing, or telling others their beliefs are wrong or crazy, this forum would be a much better place.

Many good, kind-hearted souls have left this forum because of the threads just like this one, telling them they are crazy for believing in twin flames. These kinds of threads drive people away. This is an experience that makes people very vulnerable -- gentleness and kindness go a long way.

If you don't believe, fine, but please don't criticize others and tell them they are practically crazy who do.
Old 30-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Master

I have learnt from being on here a while , there will always be people like scarlett hayden, who will never be open enough to accept others beliefs ....I will always question , how they know for a fact that souls do not split ? ....funnily enough , i never seem to get an honest answer , why is that , is it because , they really have no idea , just like the rest of us ?....Like i have said before , i don't believe it either but i would never , ever say it doesn't exist just because i have that belief ....Always reminds me of the playground bullies when i see this stuff .
Old 01-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Deactivated Account

From what i read she only spoke about the split soul theory, twin flames are i believe based on like energy which is more akin to what i personally felt at the time and still havent ruled it out.

The experience is very real I agree with you there and everyone else, its unusual and I'm not denying it. What is not helpful though is building some kind of belief system over it ...before long we have another "religion" with only a select membership and that is dangerous. It causes more separation not unification.

By all means talk about your experiences, talk in honesty what is happening but be careful about what we are creating here. Maybe the word delusional wasnt an apt choice of wording but non the less accurate if you look it up. I dont think she implied though anyone is actually crazy, just building a belief on an idea....foundations built on sand and all that.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Lakshmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
From what i read she only spoke about the split soul theory, twin flames are i believe based on like energy which is more akin to what i personally felt at the time and still havent ruled it out.

The experience is very real I agree with you there and everyone else, its unusual and I'm not denying it. What is not helpful though is building some kind of belief system over it ...before long we have another "religion" with only a select membership and that is dangerous. It causes more separation not unification.

By all means talk about your experiences, talk in honesty what is happening but be careful about what we are creating here. Maybe the word delusional wasnt an apt choice of wording but non the less accurate if you look it up. I dont think she implied though anyone is actually crazy, just building a belief on an idea....foundations built on sand and all that.

But Emm, to some it IS helpful to have a belief system around this experience! I will speak from my experience -- within two days of meeting my twin (and I had never heard of the term before) I had gone through such strange and life-altering experiences and googled the heck out of my "symptoms" (like others on here have :-) and found out about "twin flames." It helped me enormously to have a label and some guidance around my experience.

Three years into the journey, I still find it incredibly helpful. It has not been a hindrance to me at all -- in fact I credit finding out about twin flame theory at the very beginning helped me navigate the experience in a way that avoided the "runner-chaser" dynamic, getting majorly caught up in the pain body, etc. I knew what I was in for, based on others' experiences and sharing their theories and ideas.

It was everything but "a foundation built on sand" for me. Again, that is your assumption that the theory is harmful and that the sooner everyone "wakes up" to the fact that this is a false theory, the better. NOT TRUE!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Lakshmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwigirl11
I have learnt from being on here a while , there will always be people like scarlett hayden, who will never be open enough to accept others beliefs ....I will always question , how they know for a fact that souls do not split ? ....funnily enough , i never seem to get an honest answer , why is that , is it because , they really have no idea , just like the rest of us ?....Like i have said before , i don't believe it either but i would never , ever say it doesn't exist just because i have that belief ....Always reminds me of the playground bullies when i see this stuff .

Me too Kiwi...
Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Twins are not the other half of your soul. That's delusional.

Prove it. You can't. So it's not. Go preach elsewhere.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Deactivated Account
So a twin flame is like a diffrent wave pattern or wave length? I always like the river channels theory but that too is still pretty vague.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Master

People make these declarations like they know the mind of god--or even that god exists. I don't know. That is the best I can do. Sometimes I get a sense, a sensation, a knowingness and then I doubt it, struggle with it, try to integrate it into my 3D world. It is a struggle, no doubt about it. Struggle is part of the path because individual experience of some truth is unique and subject to doubt from well-meaning others.