Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 14-05-2024, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Miss Hepburn, how are you relating being powerful in one's profession with Sri Krishna?
Honza was looking for something other than being a warrior God in Krishna, (sorry, I forgot the Divine Lover part!
Went back to read it again)...I was looking for something other than a powerful professional woman in a mom.
Sorry for that confusion.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-05-2024, 02:55 PM
Ascender
Oh maybe i see, that your mom was a powerful person in her profession but that was irrelevant to you 'cause for you she was a gentle, caring, loving mother. Makes logical sense. Sri Krishna did personally kill a few people when required but professionally he wasn't a warrior Nor he's known as a warrior God. We do have destructive / warrior Gods in Hinduism if someone resonates with or looking for that. Oh and when Sri Krishna did the killings, in the instances i remember he didn't fight with them, just one shot kills, mainly by employing his divine discus.
Old 15-05-2024, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Surprising given ur love avatar. But anyway can you please share which Hindu scripture are you referring to?
I'm not sure it is in a scripture. I'll try and find the source.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-05-2024, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Can u elaborate what u r looking for in God.
Something more like Faith, Hope and Charity.

Old 15-05-2024, 06:47 AM
Master
People get annoyed at Yahweh because He kills. I guess the same objection applies to Krishna.

Old 15-05-2024, 07:24 AM
Ascender
If not in scripture then yeah internet does allow anyone to write any random article, truth or lie.

Honza all our dead ancestors are a proof that God kills, whether people die due to old age or tsunamis. I personally have no annoyance / objection with that. You prefer that your white blood cells stop killing the viruses and bacteria in your body? If yes then you can pray to Lord Krishna that he stops doing that killing.

I guess "Faith, Hope and Charity" is common to all gods of our world, any religion.

You already have Jesus Christ, don't you?
Old 15-05-2024, 11:25 AM
Master
The fact that death is God/God is death has been creeping into my consciousness. I guess it cannot be any other way. Without death reality would be stagnant.

Old 15-05-2024, 12:30 PM
Ascender
So in context of "Faith, Hope and Charity" it would become death of doubt, death of apprehension, death of deprivation
Old 15-05-2024, 12:37 PM
Ascender
"Out of compassion for them, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance." - Sri Krishna
Old 19-05-2024, 12:07 PM
Master

Gita on Faith, Hope and Charity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Something more like Faith, Hope and Charity.

Hi ,

I try to share my understanding of Geeta with respect to Hope , faith and donation. May be it's not an exhaustive .

Hope

Seeker sustains in seeking and endures hardships if there are eternal infallible assertions and guarantees from the God.
In the absence of any promise/undertakings , devotee has no hope to continue in his/her penance.

Here are certain promises from Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita which gives eternal hope to seekers.

BG 4.8: To protect the righteous, to annihilate the wicked, and to reestablish the principles of dharma I appear on this earth, age after age.

BG 6.40: The Supreme Lord said: O Parth, one who engages on the spiritual path does not meet with destruction either in this world or the world to come. My dear friend, one who strives for God-realization is never overcome by evil.

BG 9.22: There are those who always think of Me and engage in exclusive devotion to Me. To them, whose minds are always absorbed in Me, I provide what they lack and preserve what they already possess.

BG 9.30: Even if the vilest sinners worship Me with exclusive devotion, they are to be considered righteous because they have made the proper resolve.

BG 9.31: Quickly they become virtuous, and attain lasting peace. O son of Kunti, declare it boldly that no devotee of Mine is ever lost.

BG 15.15: I am seated in the hearts of all living beings, and from Me come memory, knowledge, as well as forgetfulness. I alone am to be known by all the Vedas, am the author of the Vedant, and the knower of the meaning of the Vedas.

BG 15.7: The embodied souls in this material world are My eternal fragmental parts. But bound by material nature, they are struggling with the six senses including the mind.

Faith
Everyone has faith . Having faith is very natural to everyone . Only that kind of faith differ from people to people.

BG 17.3: The faith of all humans conforms to the nature of their mind. All people possess faith, and whatever the nature of their faith, that is verily what they are.

BG 17.4: Those in the mode of goodness worship the celestial gods (people with virtues,charitable , just , benevolent etc) ; those in the mode of passion worship the yakṣhas and rākṣhasas (with worldly name/fame /power / knowledge like celebrities devoid of any generous , benevolent, just,charitable qualities) ; those in the mode of ignorance worship ghosts and spirits( superstition based illogical beliefs for material gains )

Donation /Charity

Charity is one of virtues which must not be left any time . Giving money as a duty to deserving people for deserving cause without any expectations (even of photograph/publiicity) without any strings attached / stipulations / restrictive conditions is a offering direct to God .

BG 18.5: Actions based on contribution to community work, charity, and penance should never be abandoned; they must certainly be performed. Indeed, acts of contribution to community work, charity, and penance are purifying even for those who are wise.

BG 18.9: When actions are undertaken in response to duty, and one relinquishes attachment to any reward, O Arjun, it is considered renunciation in the nature of goodness.

Do let me know if you still have any query . I will try to answer it if possible.