Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-03-2017, 05:36 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
i'm not sure that a guru creating bliss and silence in someone is directly related to removing karma, do you think these are equivalent though?
Where was that karma before you learned that concept 'karma' through hearing or seeing the empty word 'karma' and associating ideas with it?
Children are anxious about ghosts only after they have learned the concept 'ghost' because before learning the concept 'ghost' ghosts did not exist.

Look inside where bliss and silence originate from. you won't find a guru creating bliss and silence. 'guru' is just a concept like 'ghost' or 'karma'. Even bliss and silence do not exist independent of conceptual imputation.

Once karma exists through conceptual imputation in the affirmative there are the effects of karma. Once this is seen both, karma and its effects, vanish. If one conceptually imputes 'guru' to this seeing then there is a guru involved, if not then not.

If this is still too difficult to digest for you then there are a diversity of so called 'practices' to cover the meantime, like the one you have mentioned yourself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
What if someone were to practice Tonglen, would that be a possible mechanism?
Old 15-03-2017, 06:05 AM
Suspended
Hahaha, ghosts are everywhere but not all are bad . I go to the town or to the jungle or take bath in the river , anywhere are full of ghosts. Only others can't see them. I go to temples then I see the Gods there. And others don't say again, there's no God because they didn't see any.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 15-03-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 15-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Maybe Westerners belief of karma is different from the Eastern Buddhism belief. What I can see from your post is: you want it high then karma will go high or want it low then it will go low. It seems that you're better than Buddha.

Maybe you've not talking of karma here just the feeling of the mind. But karma is not like that and I don't know much of it, just let shiningstar to teach you I think she knows more than I know about it.

doesnt matter what one believes karma is. what matters is are you going to let anything stand between you and the bliss and silence. whether it be gossip or fear. either will hold you back.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
No grocery shopping anymore, or doctor visits?

shiningstars

Just keep chopping wood
Old 15-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
doesnt matter what one believes karma is. what matters is are you going to let anything stand between you and the bliss and silence. whether it be gossip or fear. either will hold you back.

Question is I need it or not? If I need it is OK, but if it isn't then thanks. Maybe not many people think that's the best or that's other's choice. I think so far, I'm bliss and more than silence or bad Gods or aliens do disturb me a bit. Never mind that one will soon be over.

I can control over my mind very easily. "Bliss" to me is I've many Goddess wife and my Cupidsons, my Cupidsons make me proud and honorable, that's bliss. Quiet is my favorite and priority to deal with my assignment and that's a tough one. I have to handle tons of my works everyday.

I even don't do meditation. I only do what I feel right or sleep four or five hours a day and (with separate sleep not one sleep) that's every morning from three to five, and evening from eight to eleventh or twelve. The other time is working on checking my work in the universe or on earth and teaching my Cupidsons dharma........

But I believe what you have said about bliss and silence for a few months already. Hinduism is practicing by a lot of people especially by Westerners. But sometimes it does hurt people that's why when others think of the bad side of it they're afraid. It's because in fact it's not sure to be very safe when practice I suppose.
Old 15-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Question is I need it or not? If I need it is OK, but if it isn't then thanks. Maybe not many people think that's the best or that's other's choice. I think so far, I'm bliss and more than silence or bad Gods or aliens do disturb me a bit. Never mind that one will soon be over.

I can control over my mind very easily. "Bliss" to me is I've many Goddess wife and my Cupidsons, my Cupidsons make me proud and honorable, that's bliss. Quiet is my favorite and priority to deal with my assignment and that's a tough one. I have to handle tons of my works everyday.

I even don't do meditation. I only do what I feel right or sleep four or five hours a day and (with separate sleep not one sleep) that's every morning from three to five, and evening from eight to eleventh or twelve. The other time is working on checking my work in the universe or on earth and teaching my Cupidsons dharma........

But I believe what you have said about bliss and silence for a few months already. Hinduism is practicing by a lot of people especially by Westerners. But sometimes it does hurt people that's why when others think of the bad side of it they're afraid. It's because in fact it's not sure to be very safe when practice I suppose.

i was speaking from my perspective. i respect yours and what you want. everything i say here is from my perspective towards bliss and silence.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 16-03-2017, 03:47 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

And this is where your philosophy detracts significantly from Buddhist philosophy.

In Buddhism, we are not after "bliss and silence" - fearing things will hold us back.

Experiences come and go, including bliss and silence. What goes up must come down.

We all experience joy, treasure, Dhamma, Truth.

We've all lit up with the Light of the Treasure Eye, and seen the beauty in others and this world.

Bliss is a part of the jhanas in Buddhism, but not something to become attached to because in Buddhism the prize is not this or that, that or this, it's beyond the conditioned: it's the Deathless, the Unconditional, The Buddha/Dharma/Sangha which is Also the One Jewel.

IOW, even experiences are nothing but a pointer towards the Ultimate Truth. It accentuates the teachings that guide all practitioners to compassion, and wisdom brought forth from clarity of knowing things "As they are".

With respect for your path, and my concurrence with you of the possibility of very real Masters on this Earth today who can support, but who cannot replace, one's own spiritual mastery and progress.

shiningstars
Old 16-03-2017, 10:41 AM
Deactivated Account
[quote=shiningstars]And this is where your philosophy detracts significantly from Buddhist philosophy.

In Buddhism, we are not after "bliss and silence" - fearing things will hold us back.

Experiences come and go, including bliss and silence. What goes up must come down.

We've all lit up with the Light of the Treasure Eye, and seen the beauty in others and this world.

Bliss is a part of the jhanas in Buddhism, but not something to become attached to because in Buddhism the prize is not this or that, that or this, it's beyond the conditioned: it's the Deathless, the Unconditional, The Buddha/Dharma/Sangha which is Also the One Jewel.

IOW, even experiences are nothing but a pointer towards the Ultimate Truth. It accentuates the teachings that guide all practitioners to compassion, and wisdom brought forth from clarity of knowing things "As they are".

With respect for your path, and my concurrence with you of the possibility of very real Masters on this Earth today who can support, but who cannot replace, one's own spiritual mastery and progress.

shiningstars
[/QUOTE

im sorry your buying it. bliss is endless in growth. again. if it comes and goes your not there yet. if somebody tells you it comes and goes they are not there yet. circumstances and personality come and go.

it seems they got you brainwashed. bliss does not come and go once you become it. it builds upon itself. as i said it is what you become. im a witness to that. thousands upon thousands of others as well. the same. find out for your self though.

do your own thinking. dont let others do it for you. then the sky is the limit. good luck!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 16-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

im sorry your buying it. bliss is endless in growth. again. if it comes and goes your not there yet. if somebody tells you it comes and goes they are not there yet. circumstances and personality come and go.

it seems they got you brainwashed. bliss does not come and go once you become it. it builds upon itself. as i said it is what you become. im a witness to that. thousands upon thousands of others as well. the same. find out for your self though.

do your own thinking. dont let others do it for you. then the sky is the limit. good luck!

If you mean joy, peace, clarity, then that is there.

As to your offer, I do do my own thinking. Everything I talk about is through pure experience and practice, not imagination or "understanding". It is consistent with Buddha's and many teachings across spiritual traditions not because it is a coincidence, but because the path as laid out, is as described as I walk it.

"sky is the limit" - where do you want to go?

shiningstars
Old 16-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
And this is where your philosophy detracts significantly from Buddhist philosophy.

shiningstars

Bliss is part of our divine nature. Just like the Buddha warned one should not get lost in the bliss.

Also, running is not talking about a meditative state. He is sharing what his daily experience is. You can get to a point where it is a state of being and not an experience

I would also agree that the goal isn't silence. It is the non attachment to thoughts, emotions, feelings be they silent or not.. Not a witnessing of them either.