Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-03-2022, 05:24 AM
Master
I thought this Forum was about Mediumship but it seems from your answer it is the SNU version of Spiritualism.

No big deal.......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-03-2022, 05:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
I have looked into the practice of Shamanism where spirit comes through and the shaman may talk in tongues or go into a trance, I have also looked into the ESSENES teachings and methods, plus the Rosicrucians society plus the Theosophy movement which i joined decades ago.
As I have indicated elsewhere, mediumship isn't dependent on any particular faith/belief/religion/organisation. It does not need any of them to be effective in its aims.

Some so-called natural mediums may feel/find they have neither the need nor the desire to be associated with any of them. But others may be drawn to one or another and choose to demonstrate their spiritual gift in a formal setting such as a church or centre. None is wrong and all are right when they work to serve The Great Spirit.

blessings
Old 29-03-2022, 04:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I thought this Forum was about Mediumship but it seems from your answer it is the SNU version of Spiritualism.

No big deal.......
Thank Bigjohn mediumship is what i was sharing which is my personal experiences I was not aware that this was to be referenced as being SNU version, the version that i have always used BIG JOHN is my own self arising version. I have been to many Spiritualist church's in my time and have taken something of value from them all, but the way it works for me is unique to me alone and has nothing to do with the SNU whatsoever,

regards michael.
Old 29-03-2022, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Mediumship is what i was sharing which is my personal experiences I was not aware that this was to be r......m all, but the way it works for me is unique to me alone and has nothing to do with the SNU whatsoever,
I regularly point out that mediumship does not need religion/faith/belief or churches.(see my most recent posting #62) I'm sure you know that but others following this thread might not have appreciated the point.

If churches are under consideration, though, I hope it's remembered I had also pointed out a Spiritualist church might anyway be independent and not affiliated to the SNU or it might even be a Christian Spiritualist church. The situation in the USA - where I presently am - is very different but we don't have any American Spiritualists to explain how their own churches work. As I don't have relevant knowledge I won't try to write about the situation here. I am an English Spiritualist and I stick to what I know about Spiritualism - and its mediumship - in the United Kingdom.

Spiritualist churches are germane to your situation though, Michael, because you mentioned you attend one (posting #40) and spoke to a long standing medium there. It was surely not unreasonable to draw the conclusion your hoped-for return to mediumship might happen/begin at that or another church/centre?

I acknowledge though that you might intend to try to develop your former mediumship in some other scenario or location.

blessings
Old 29-03-2022, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank Bigjohn mediumship is what i was sharing which is my personal experiences I was not aware that this was to be referenced as being SNU version, the version that i have always used BIG JOHN is my own self arising version. I have been to many Spiritualist church's in my time and have taken something of value from them all, but the way it works for me is unique to me alone and has nothing to do with the SNU whatsoever,

regards michael.

I have been to several Spiritual Churches where I have had shared experiences and my own personal experiences. I prefer the personal experiences. I have had some very unique experiences but I find your experiences with transfiguration to be very intriquing. Can you itteriate more on that?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-03-2022, 10:35 PM
Ascender

Mediumship and Meditation unity.

Thanks Big John for your interest in my transfiguration experiences, sometimes when I was being Transfigured I would disappear from the observers view and all they would see was empty space, this was one phenomena that occurred sever times over a few years. As far as i was concerned I was still there but was not being seen.

When the phenomena first started in around 1975 it was as though my entire face was covered in spiders webs, ecotplasm extruded out of my eyes nose ears and mouth and covered entirely my face, then an onlooker would see a pinkish blank screen completely empty of any features, then as a being approached their features would appear in the blank pink space, and would be recognised by the onlooker.

When this occurred it could happen outside in broad sunlight or inside in a room it could occur anywhere without any special effects whatsoever. This faculty would automatically arise when the time and place were in the
right reference frame to occur sometimes spontaneously.

I have intuitively been given by spirit that what i was demonstrating was a low level configuration of what is actually possible, that transfiguration can completely tranfigure the one who is doing this in a brilliiant white LIGHT exactly the same as was reported to occur with Jesus. and the same thing is
possible for any one of us,if we surrender deeply enough to the universal
will.
I was also intuitively given that there is also a higher state than that transfiguration of Jesus, and that this state is trasnscendent of transfiguration and is called instead that of the complete TRANSLATION of the flesh into pure spirit energy where you become evaporated from this relative dimension and enter into the Absolute which is your true home.
I have written about this and am also writing a book about humanities four rites of Passage.

regards michael.
Old 30-03-2022, 01:42 AM
Color

Quote:
my transfiguration experiences, sometimes when I was being Transfigured I would disappear from the observers view

When the phenomena first started in around 1975 ..
Oh. Me too. 1974...pure, clean diet, meditating 2 hrs a day, ha, not even coffee.
Yes, I began to disappear and to the observer friend.
I, then, understood Jesus' apparent ''Ascension". My atoms (and his?) were just growing,
floating farther apart...I was actually dematerializing.
It was like yesterday. (This must sound pretty far -fetched for some people, Lol. I know!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-03-2022, 04:29 AM
Master
Ohhh my God, she is truly........ crazy like many of us. Don't give her the 'fruit' for she will become like one of us. LOL!

But then, I remember there was a time I could 'make' myself sorta fade so my physical features would disappear.

Old 30-03-2022, 10:19 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh. Me too, 1974...pure, clean diet, meditating 2 hrs a day, ha, not even coffee.
Yes, I began to disappear and to the observer friend.
I, then, understood Jesus' apparent ''Ascension". My atoms (and his?) were just growing,
floating farther apart...I was actually dematerializing.
Thanks Miss Hepburn for your input here, actually it was in the summer of 74 that wonderful things started to happen to me, but really took of in 1975, I understand exactly what you are saying Miss H because the same things happened to me, my dense physical atoms were being replaced by finer Ethereal atoms as the basic atomic structure of the body was being upgraded.
Several times i vanished from the observers sight and one when sat in an armchair with another friend sat on another armchair we both vanished to each other,.

regards michael.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:08 AM
Master
In my opinion, the above examples, in many ways, mimics the Charismatic movement.

Even though this is the Mediumship forum, some of the 'stuff' brings to my mind of Cabinets that some, especially Spiritualists, used for Materialization(s). And once again I am once more east of where Modern Day Spiritualism began, but a few decades before 1848. I see Joseph Smith, Jr. sitting behind a curtain, as was used to bring forth the Book of Mormon. My mind drifts northward about 1 mile to Clinton's Ditch, now known as the Erie Canal, and noticed the roads leading eastward to the Fox family home weaves back and forth for a little over 10 miles but is ..... about 1 mile north of the canal. For me, the canal was what helped to promote these two religions but I ponder if the canal did even more.

People traveling westward on the canal passed by a community near Albany, NY that was started by a woman born in Manchester, England. The woman is know as Mother Ann Lee. She founded the Shakers. Some of the beliefs Spiritualist believe, seem to have originated with the Shakers and another group is the Quakers especially the break off group called Hickites.

To me, the World seems to be getting 'smaller', and hearing of people experiencing 'gifts of the Spirit' does bring joy to me. Every once in a while, people are 'allowed' to share their experiences in what some call 'gifts of Spirits' and in other 'religions', that expression goes by different names. But to me, they all seem to be the 'same thing'.