Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 25-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator
Just a thought....
Becoming vegetarian in a relationship with spirituality is not really about being 'pure' of body, or looking and feeling younger, being healthier, and isn't a fad or a fancy, or a 'diet'.

For many people becoming vegetarian is to do with not wanting to be a part of the lifestyle, or slaughter conditions of farmed animals. Or wanting to take the life in order to eat the flesh of another Being with intelligence, emotions, a complex nervous system, and a Soul purpose for entering Earth life.
Do these Beings enter this life to live in abject misery (as many farmed animals do), in a form of slavery, and then to end their days in sheer terror? Just for us to eat? Do they really?
Any real knowledge gained about the fact that all animals have Souls, and are spiritual entities just as we are, will completely change the viewpoint about that.

A sudden realisation of those things, and that we and the animals are not actually as far removed as we would like to think, is often the cause of no longer eating the flesh of any creature, and not wanting to be a part of any creature's exploitation (in the form of anything these animals produce...young, mother's milk, eggs, etc)

That's what vegetarianism and particularly veganism, have to do with spirituality.
Old 26-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Guide
Spiritual receptivity is enhanced by keeping your body clean and eating a natural diet. This is because the body has fewer toxins to deal with. For some people that might mean avoiding things like dairy but not everyone. Organically raised meat, eggs, and dairy have a lot of nutrition difficult to get from only plant/fungus sources. I said difficult, not impossible. That is not debated. I'm not telling people they are wrong for being vegan or vegetarian. That's their choice. I'm sure there are plenty who are doing just fine eating this diet. But for a lot of people it's a struggle to stay healthy. I know vegetarians that occasionally eat meat just for this reason. All I'm doing is recommending the OP that she continue to eat fish and eggs. She asked for a response and I gave her one.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Kiran65

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
Spiritual receptivity is enhanced by keeping your body clean and eating a natural diet. This is because the body has fewer toxins to deal with. For some people that might mean avoiding things like dairy but not everyone. Organically raised meat, eggs, and dairy have a lot of nutrition difficult to get from only plant/fungus sources. I said difficult, not impossible. That is not debated. I'm not telling people they are wrong for being vegan or vegetarian. That's their choice. I'm sure there are plenty who are doing just fine eating this diet. But for a lot of people it's a struggle to stay healthy. I know vegetarians that occasionally eat meat just for this reason. All I'm doing is recommending the OP that she continue to eat fish and eggs. She asked for a response and I gave her one.

If you "occasionally eat meat" you are a meat eater, not a vegetarian. That is not a debatable statement, that is a fact. OK, if you want to be really obnoxious about it, you can call yourself a "flexitarian" lol. And there has been plenty of information presented here that can help the OP if they'd like to be vegetarian of vegan. I do hope it isn't too confusing!! In the end, everyone has their own opinion, and I'm sure you have gotten/will get lots of conflicting ones. You need to go with what your conscience tells you (but I need to point out here, the population of India is 1.2 billion people, and they say a vast majority are Hindu and vegetarian--they survive quite well there .
Old 26-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Everly

Quote:
Spiritual receptivity is enhanced by keeping your body clean and eating a natural diet. This is because the body has fewer toxins to deal with.

Why do you think a veg*n diet isn't natural? In other words, where did you get this "information"?

Quote:
Organically raised meat, eggs, and dairy have a lot of nutrition difficult to get from only plant/fungus sources. I said difficult, not impossible. That is not debated.

Seriously, this is preposterous. Where on earth did you ever get such a notion? It's simply not true. It's not difficult at all...not in the least. And I just have to ask: What nutrients, exactly, do you think are difficult to get if one doesn't eat the dead muscles and organs of other sentient beings?

Quote:
I'm not telling people they are wrong for being vegan or vegetarian. That's their choice. I'm sure there are plenty who are doing just fine eating this diet. But for a lot of people it's a struggle to stay healthy. I know vegetarians that occasionally eat meat just for this reason.

- If someone isn't healthy on a veg*n diet, it's not because they're veg*n.
- Please cite a few reliable and reputable sources for your claim that it's a struggle for a lot of people.
- Anyone who eats meat (flesh of any kind) is NOT a vegetarian. If they call themselves vegetarian, they are liars.
- My 60+ decades on this planet have taught me many things. One is that eating the rotting flesh of other beings is hardly a path to spiritual receptivity. That flesh is the muscle that was a living, breathing being with a very rich emotional and mental life. It lived in abuse and died being tortured mentally, physically, emotionally.

I note with interest, inspirit, that you haven't really answered any questions asked of you. It's hard to take anyone seriously when they state opinion as fact, even when it flies in the face of common sense as well as undisputed science. So, really...where do you get your information (links, citations, etc., please).
Old 26-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Master
What we eat has zero impact on spiritual receptivity.....whatever that even is. The idea that the physical somehow has causal capacity in relation to the spirit is a farce. Spirit is the cause and the physical universe is the effect, it can never be otherwise. Any problems with channelling energy, or manifesting as spirit in the physical is based 100% in the spiritual, has a 100% spiritual cause, and has 0% to do with diet. Nearly all of the most enlightened people I know pay little to no attention to diet. Most of the people I know who diet for spiritual reasons have not even begun to awaken.

In my experience and based on my research, there is 0 correlation between diet and spiritual mastery.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Kiran65

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
What we eat has zero impact on spiritual receptivity.....whatever that even is. The idea that the physical somehow has causal capacity in relation to the spirit is a farce. Spirit is the cause and the physical universe is the effect, it can never be otherwise. Any problems with channelling energy, or manifesting as spirit in the physical is based 100% in the spiritual, has a 100% spiritual cause, and has 0% to do with diet. Nearly all of the most enlightened people I know pay little to no attention to diet. Most of the people I know who diet for spiritual reasons have not even begun to awaken.

In my experience and based on my research, there is 0 correlation between diet and spiritual mastery.

The most spiritual people I know understand that the torture and murder of animals is senseless, unnecessary cruelty, and would never consider consuming the product of such acts--that you know anyone who would makes me question their spirituality, and your understanding of it. And that anyone who has ever looked at a scientific or medical study can pretend to think it is healthy to eat meat, or "healthier"?? Ludicrous! But as you said--not debatable--just facts I'm listing
Old 26-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Master

Quote:
This whole conversation hinges on the idea that plants are not sentient beings who are suffering just the same as animals when they are killed/harvested and eaten; a conversation that we were having about animals not too very long ago.

Personally I feel that a plant and an animal are no different. They are both alive as we kill them and eat them. Tell yourselves whatever you like to feel good about your chosen diet but vegetarians/vegans are no better than meat eaters. They are not being more conscientious or compassionate, they are not reducing suffering in any meaningful way.

I say this as a former vegetarian, before people jump down my throat. I don't have anything against it, I just don't see anything for it either, except the benefits of a possibly healthier diet. Its the idea that the animals suffer but the plants don't that I take exception to........total hogwash.

This sounds to me like someone, who subconsciously feels guilty about eating animal flesh, trying to 'justify' eating meat by saying vegans 'kill' carrots, therefore if I kill cows it's no different and therefore okay.
But killing a cow and uprooting a carrot is hardly the same.

And following this same logic through to another angle, an ISIS terrorist who beheads a defenceless prisoner is on a par, no worse, no better, than a gardener who harvests a head of broccoli...

If you believe plants suffer the same as animals, fine, but then the only ethical response is to become fruitarian.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Master

Quote:

On the contrary, there is no greater bar to spiritual progress than hardness of heart.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
On the contrary, there is no greater bar to spiritual progress than hardness of heart.

And that is a quote worth remembering.

As I was reading the last few posts my attention was focused entirely on the issue of eating other animals. And then I saw this and while it applies so beautifully to the issue at hand, it also applies to all of us in all areas of our lives.

Wow.

There is no greater bar to spiritual progress than hardness of heart. --knightofalbion
Old 28-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Master

http://www.cowspiracy.com/