Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 09:07 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
So, My Higher Self thinks that shower time is a great time to chime in..so I sit here like a drowned rat.

Somebody might be meditating for an hour a day for 20 years and have not reached anywhere.

They may even say "In my last ten births, I ALSO meditated for an hour a day for 20 years and...nothing"!

Another may say..."well, I meditated for two hours a day for 25 years for a hundred births...then another hour a day for 20 years for another hundred births...for the past 50 births, I have been meditating twice a week for half an hour each time and only NOW am I starting to get somewhere..."

Another may say "Oh, I am just an incarnated Deva, popping in to see how you are all doing..Id really like a cup of tea and some scones if you got any".

Is it worth it? only you can answer that in your honest heart of hearts.

Applause

Old 05-06-2019, 09:11 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes I'm big on self-awareness, and I'd bet a dollar (well, maybe 50 cents) that Tolle would be as well, and really, fundamentally speaking, it is our common oneness which validates our responsibility to a mutual duty of care.

All the power craving you mentioned is obviously harmful - of course hatred and greed manifests in harmful activities creating untold misery. I know I state the obvious, but can we say it is obvious when people still persist?

Well said...and the words are obvious but inner manifestation / realisation and transformation appears to be rare. It’s not possible without an awareness practice, imv. And look here once unguided it can run rampant off the rails too.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:12 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00

Obviously this shows intellectual dishonesty and sophistry.

+1 just look at what happened with Ramana eg.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:16 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like

This is the ridiculous nature behind all of our conversations plus the added agenda .

Notice how you demonise all who won’t bow down to your poorly conceived and inexperienced logic?

Ajay00 has been responding to all of your “ridiculously” confused questions but hey if a conversation with you is an agenda, let’s look at yours...

Do you want to start?
Old 05-06-2019, 09:16 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Which shows your attachment to your beliefs.

Knowledge isn’t a belief.

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 09:19 PM
janielee

Quote:
It is true that Advaita/nonduality has more to do with experiential understanding rather than mere intellectual understanding. Mere intellectual understanding is bound to be deluded and productive of more ignorance.

But advaita/nonduality also have a theoretical framework to it, erring which one is bound to get into deluded confusions.

As Michael Jordan stated, " “You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.”

As Michael Jordan stated, " “You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.”

Exactly, and who cares (as muffin might say) if someone can’t shoot straight.

But then this person is telling everyone else the ball was never the point,only egos shoot balls, and demands everyone bow before his infinitely wise opinion - after all he was a basketball player 18000 years ago

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 09:21 PM
janielee

Quote:

And I am writing this here for those who are genuinely interested in Tolle so that they can profit from his works which is freely available on the internet.

Trauma and addiction expert Gabor Mate himself had stated that he wished he had gone through Tolle's works at a younger age and had not underestimated them when he first came across them.

Yes they are free and much better than the garbage posited on here
Old 05-06-2019, 09:25 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hello ajay. I think that we see things differently, for certain. That's what I think.

To your question of world govs, the religious institutions, and to their professed amoral counterparts, i.e., the multinational corporations -- all of these exercise great influence over millions or even billions. IMO these all need to be held accountable and responsible for what is in their purview.

Likewise, Tolle or other influential &/or wealthy public figures need to be held accountable and responsible for what is in their purview. However, unlike many figures who profess to hold clearly mainstream Western values predicated on amoral utilitarianism, egregious accumulation and waste, & unfettered gratification of desires...Tolle professes to be awakened and has made his fortune off spirituality. I'm certainly not holding him to a lesser standard, if that's what you're saying should happen.

Nor am I holding anyone or anything to a lesser standard, and this is particularly the case for public/authority figures or any gov, corporate entity, or religious institution.

Peace & blessings
7L

Well I say thank God Almighty that no teacher or priest is subject to your moral constrictures 7L, I’m sure you’d love to be God, but your judgements are just one of many, and won’t hold sway.

With respect

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 09:27 PM
janielee

Quote:
Tolle's version of spirituality deals with understanding the psychological nature of the mind, its patterns and reasons for its emotivity and reactivity, and how to transcend them. His books are highly insightful in this regard.

Charity work may not be useful for all. I have read of a mass shooter who was involved in charity work enthusiastically and so on, but lost his cool and shot dead many in a school.

Knowledge of the working of the mind, thoughts and emotions, is necessary for transcending them, and ensuring one is not carried off by them to extreme emotive and reactive expressions.

Yep. So long as that person is masked in ego, good or bad, it can change,

Hence we have and have had the spiritual masters to teach that which is unchanging, eternal and Love.

JL
Old 06-06-2019, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If it is sunny outside, yes it is sunny regardless of belief.

This is what I have also been saying all along...that one does not need to have the belief that the sun is shining for it to do so.

Although, the quantum theorists will all posit that the sun is only there because we believe it is there. I have had a hard time wrapping my head around that one.

Not really. Some quantum theorists interpret the measurement data as implying that observation (measurement) is a facet of field collapse, but as to cause, no one can say. Does observation cause a quantum field collapse, or is an observation a probabilistic collapse in the quantum field? Whatever the case, the probability of a particle being here or there is very consistent, so, analogously, even if the sun appears 'while' being observed, it does so in a very particular way.

Quote:
If I were to go into it, then NOTHING exists without the belief that it does...so if I stopped believing, would everything just stop existing?

Would daz disappear? Would Shivani? Would SF? and what, if anything, would be left in its place?

If you are looking for an agreement, I will agree with you that Enlightened Masters are not beyond belief. Most of them believe in the Gunas (the modes of material nature) they have the belief that many are stuck in either ignorance/suffering and or both and the only way out of that is self-introspection leading to realisation.

Now, just as the sun shines, whether their beliefs are true or not is left up to the discerning individual...all they know is that whatever beliefs they do/not have, it is only true for THEM and seeing as how self-realisation or enlightenment is a totally subjective and PERSONAL experience, what matters to them, is ALL that matters!

The endeavour to find a cause of 'stuff' seems to be an infinite regress.