Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Master

https://www.eckharttollefoundation.org/

Here is one of Tolle's charity programmes where free educational resources are given to prisoners, educators and students, aging and elderly, through book donations, free digital subscriptions, event scholarships, and free broadcasts.

Hope those who have been vilifying Tolle over here for hoarding his millions are sufficiently ashamed now.

I hope it will also serve as an inspiring example to world governments to stop their crazy trillion dollar military budgets each year and start focussing on combatting global warming, disease and illiteracy before they blow the planet up.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-06-2019, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Countries like America, EU and Russia spends trillions on weapons research and creating weapons of mass destruction each year, which can destroy the world many times over.

Don't you think that these nations should invest their trillions instead in charities which could help humanity or invest in combatting of global warming!

Obviously we can expect results with such trillion dollar investments, not with Tolle's few milllions.

What do you think !

Hello ajay. I think that we see things differently, for certain. That's what I think.

To your question of world govs, the religious institutions, and to their professed amoral counterparts, i.e., the multinational corporations -- all of these exercise great influence over millions or even billions. IMO these all need to be held accountable and responsible for what is in their purview.

Likewise, Tolle or other influential &/or wealthy public figures need to be held accountable and responsible for what is in their purview. However, unlike many figures who profess to hold clearly mainstream Western values predicated on amoral utilitarianism, egregious accumulation and waste, & unfettered gratification of desires...Tolle professes to be awakened and has made his fortune off spirituality. I'm certainly not holding him to a lesser standard, if that's what you're saying should happen.

Nor am I holding anyone or anything to a lesser standard, and this is particularly the case for public/authority figures or any gov, corporate entity, or religious institution.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hello ajay. I think that we see things differently, for certain. That's what I think.

To your question of world govs, the religious institutions, and to their professed amoral counterparts, i.e., the multinational corporations -- all of these exercise great influence over millions or even billions. IMO these all need to be held accountable and responsible for what is in their purview.

Likewise, Tolle or other influential &/or wealthy public figures need to be held accountable and responsible for what is in their purview. However, unlike many figures who profess to hold clearly mainstream Western values predicated on amoral utilitarianism, egregious accumulation and waste, & unfettered gratification of desires...Tolle professes to be awakened and has made his fortune off spirituality.

Tolle's version of spirituality deals with understanding the psychological nature of the mind, its patterns and reasons for its emotivity and reactivity, and how to transcend them. His books are highly insightful in this regard.

Charity work may not be useful for all. I have read of a mass shooter who was involved in charity work enthusiastically and so on, but lost his cool and shot dead many in a school.

Knowledge of the working of the mind, thoughts and emotions, is necessary for transcending them, and ensuring one is not carried off by them to extreme emotive and reactive expressions.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
At 29, Eckhart Tolle suffered severe depression, bringing him to the point of suicide. In a desperate final hour, he claims hearing a voice within saying, “Resist nothing.” When he was recently asked, “Do you have any thought on the body and what happens after we die?” Tolle simply responded, “I don’t give it any thought".

His last affirmation regarding life after death "I don't give it any thought" . Does this mean he does not believe in it and sort of hiding this? What do you guys think?

This question has been lost in the general discussion of the value of cleaning one's teeth.

I don't know what Tolle's opinions are on whether there is life after death, but here is my take on his response "I don't give it any thought."

Tolle teaches that we find peace and stillness by being present with the reality of the Now. The death of the body is a future event which currently exists only in our imagination. Therefore there is no point in speculating on what may or may not happen. So Tolle does not give it any thought.

One day the physical body will die. When that happens, the process of dying will become the reality of the Now. So simply be present with whatever happens, without any resistance. Whatever does happen during and after death, we will rest in a state of peace, simply being present with whatever reality is unfolding in the Now.

Peace.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:39 PM
janielee

Quote:
You have given enough holes in your posts to show that you have no idea about nonduality/advaita.

To state that pure awareness does not know how to tie shoelaces and so on, shows that you had no idea of meditation and thoughtless consciousness in the first place.

Yuppers

God Like has never explained how Jesus, Buddha, Meister Eckhart, Sri Niz, Hafiz, Sri Auribindo etc. taught ceaselessly, functioned, ate, slept, bathed etc.

And the only example he found was debunked when he couldn’t differentiate awakening from intentional meditation.

The only interesting thing here left to see if how one person can think that they are the only correct one amongst everyone and all genuine masters, but in this age of politics, never say never.

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 08:42 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
It takes a practice of sorts .

Indeed it does, and some personages have succeeded . This is why there are Masters, and the rest of the peanut gang crew argue.

LoL
Old 05-06-2019, 08:44 PM
janielee

Quote:
You are confusing

That summarises all of his posts, and believe you me, he will never stop. (Which is fine as well)

Even if God was in front of him, he would cling to his beliefs and tell you you are wrong and deluded...

Just watch....
Old 05-06-2019, 08:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is the wisest thing I have ever seen you type on here.

If a technique is obviously not working for one, or some, they have a choice...to change their technique or just cut their losses and move on.

It is no use saying "that technique did not work for ME" when it has worked for others... because all that can be said, in the end is "I don't know what you are talking about" when any argument is born from experience, there will be "those who have experienced it" and "those who have not experienced it" and neither can seem to work out why it should be that way for the other party, when cookies can crumble in many different ways.

We were talking about surrender... actually being immersed in that love from a "power greater than oneself" and I feel that until one is ready, willing and able to let go of their beliefs, even "no belief is STILL a belief", they will forever be stuck in their minds ..their mental faculties, when the heart is where it's at.

We can look at the bowl of ice cream and think or believe "I bet that's gonna be cold...and sweet" but until they let a spoonful pass their lips, they cannot say they have tasted ice cream...they have thought about what ice cream tastes like...thought about it a LOT.

If something hasn't worked after 20 or 25 years, why bother anymore? Seriously!

Yes.......although I respect adherence, discipline, but maybe better under a genuine guide or look how wayward those grasses grow! Even using spiritual insights to go crazy about spiritual teachers and insights..

But then it takes one to know one, and judging by this thread, some people are self made authorities whereby the only person who is right is themselves. And that’s all they can accept.

Buddha had a name for these people but I can’t remember it atm.

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 08:57 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like

Cheers for your sanity as always ..

x daz x

I like how anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, deluded and insane
Old 05-06-2019, 09:04 PM
janielee

Quote:
If I may ask, why are you so sad about Tolle's wealth !

He’s confused and proud at the same time = dynamite

Probably jealous that no one recognises his self declared spirituality too...

Projection of jealousy onto Tolle..combined with paranoid beliefs about enlightenment..dynamite

Hey if the sweetest ones like Starman and iamthat and skilful Shivani Devi can’t, and oh those other famous masters’ LIVING EXAMPLES won’t, what do you think it says about the character and capability of said individual?

He believes, he really really really believes.

I guess he can’t find real life followers so is trying to drum up business on the forum.

And his limitations he equates to the worlds’ and the spiritual possibilities @narcissism?

JL
Closed Thread