Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I don't have any doubts, I know what attachments are in reflection of beliefs and actions .

For Krishna to have thoughts about reality and about dying or not dying then there is an attachment to those beliefs .

It's not about what is right or wrong as a belief system, it is a matter of fact that there is a belief system in tact and acted upon .

This is attachment .

x daz x
Have you ever heard about Brahman?

It is the ONLY thing which does not require a belief in it to be self-existent in and of itself.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Absolutely and this is the ironic thing and the hypocritical thing I have tried to point out about what has transpired in certain cases .

Being in the so called now- pure-awareness beyond the thinking mind moment has turned into a point scoring circus act full of insults .

I can disagree and have respectful conversations / debates with most folk incorporating such differences, it's all good on that score, everyone is entitled to see things as they see things and in reflection of how they actually live .

When you get a mixture of disagreement fuelled with other energies at play there for myself is no foundation to engage with or work with .

It is like flogging a dead horse or trying to speak to someone who has made there mind up from the start and this is why such conversations go on circular mode, never actually addressing what was originally asked nor addressing the actual topic at hand or what was actually said lol .

That type of energy is not for me and it no longer serves me now .. Good for a bit of self reflection if nothing else tho, but one would have to be entirely honest with themselves and know their objectives / intentions .

x daz x
There's always more to the Spiritual debate than Spirituality, and I suspect there's more to this debate than this debate. The ones who seem to know so much about ego clearly are still attached to it and until the 'groundwork' is done the theory is always going to be theory. The Spiritual debate isn't the Spiritual debate any more.

"God made man, man made religion" as the saying goes.

All this talk of 'advanced consciousness techniques and understandings' yet it all stands on flaky ground, and I'll put my hand up to that too. I know for me personally there's been a long and frustrating history of it, and it begs the question of "Is it worth it?"

It doesn't serve me either Daz, perhaps the Universe is telling us both to move on.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Master
@God-like
If you insulted by me,i apologize:
It was an ego release from my side.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
This is not attachment but adherence to morality and ethics.

If Krishna did not perform his duties in adherence to moral value systems and ethical understanding, the likes of Kamsa and Duryodhana would have continued with their tyrannical regimes with the notion of might being right rather than the other way around. The law of the jungle would have prevailed instead of civilization and virtue.

Abraham Lincoln fought for the abolition of slavery similarly when the south refused to abolish it inspite of the laws the government had legislated in this regard.

Where does the sense of duty come from?

Pure awareness itself doesn't have a sense of duty, only self does through means of the ego expression / association .

It's like superman taking a day off from saving the world .

He doesn't because he is attached to the world and the people of it .

If he wasn't attached he wouldn't bother saving them ..

Peeps that have morales and values, value them greatly .

Peeps kill for them, peeps save peeps for them .

If they wasn't self associated with them as an attachment he would save the world one minute and not give a damn the next .

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Master

Quote:
What are you implying that I have said regarding teeth brushing?

I have said that pure awareness itself cannot brush teeth or know what teeth is .

Pure awareness requires the mind-body-self combination to know teeth and brush teeth . Such action are ego driven through attachments .

Pure awareness or the Self uses the mind-body complex as a physical instrument to carry out its duties in the material world, to ensure its material well-being.

However these actions are not ego driven through attachments. This exposes again the holes in your understanding.

The Self does not need the ego and attachments to brush its teeth. It does so on the understanding that brushing the teeth ensures sound oral hygiene, and so does it as a duty, and to prevent the ills of tooth decay.

Quote:
Pure awareness doesn't entertain ego or attachments , only self does .

Precisely. It is false self that is the ego and its attachments. Attachments come from a want of security and not because of love as a motive.

Relationships based on mere attachments will have quarrels and conflicts as a byproduct while those based on love will be harmonious.

The false self or ego is always calculative and craving for more pleasures endlessly, while the Self is content with bliss and joy within.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
@God-like
If you insulted by me,i apologize:
It was an ego release from my side.

No worries ..

I think there is a little misunderstanding about what I have said and you have said and I have said as much ..

In fact with all the insults of late regarding a multitude of people I think misunderstanding is a bit part in all of it .

It's not only myself that is misunderstood it is the actual meaning of certain key actions / reflections / expressions that are also .

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00

Precisely. It is false self that is the ego and its attachments. Attachments come from a want of security and not because of love as a motive.

Relationships based on mere attachments will have quarrels and conflicts as a byproduct while those based on love will be harmonious.

The false self or ego is always calculative and craving for more pleasures endlessly, while the Self is content with bliss and joy within.

So when Tolle is teaching he is not pure awareness itself . When Tolle is cashing his cheques he is not pure awareness itself .

He is in expression of the mind-body-ego construct .

I haven't said any different from day one .

So when Tolle or any spiritual teacher brushes his teeth and charges £1000 dollars for a retreat he is doing so through ego construct .

He is brushing teeth through ego construct plus his attached conditioning to have healthy clean teeth .

So for the life of me I can't understand what you are disagreeing with me about or why you have gone to extreme measures to make me out to be an idiot?

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
There's always more to the Spiritual debate than Spirituality, and I suspect there's more to this debate than this debate. The ones who seem to know so much about ego clearly are still attached to it and until the 'groundwork' is done the theory is always going to be theory. The Spiritual debate isn't the Spiritual debate any more.

All this talk of 'advanced consciousness techniques and understandings' yet it all stands on flaky ground, and I'll put my hand up to that too. I know for me personally there's been a long and frustrating history of it, and it begs the question of "Is it worth it?"

It doesn't serve me either Daz, perhaps the Universe is telling us both to move on.
This is the wisest thing I have ever seen you type on here.

If a technique is obviously not working for one, or some, they have a choice...to change their technique or just cut their losses and move on.

It is no use saying "that technique did not work for ME" when it has worked for others... because all that can be said, in the end is "I don't know what you are talking about" when any argument is born from experience, there will be "those who have experienced it" and "those who have not experienced it" and neither can seem to work out why it should be that way for the other party, when cookies can crumble in many different ways.

We were talking about surrender... actually being immersed in that love from a "power greater than oneself" and I feel that until one is ready, willing and able to let go of their beliefs, even "no belief is STILL a belief", they will forever be stuck in their minds ..their mental faculties, when the heart is where it's at.

We can look at the bowl of ice cream and think or believe "I bet that's gonna be cold...and sweet" but until they let a spoonful pass their lips, they cannot say they have tasted ice cream...they have thought about what ice cream tastes like...thought about it a LOT.

If something hasn't worked after 20 or 25 years, why bother anymore? Seriously!
Old 05-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Yes there is a lot more to than meets the eye here and what is actually said .

I think many who have been reading along who are unbiased about Tolle or any other teacher or of me, will see the energy behind the scenes .

I am a dude that likes to get to the heart of things and I can work with most energies even the darker one's but certain folk are not ready to listen because the angry mist is still covering their eyes ..

These type of people I have only a certain tolerance for nowadays ..

Cheers for your sanity as always ..

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Master

Quote:
So when Tolle is teaching he is not pure awareness itself . When Tolle is cashing his cheques he is not pure awareness itself .

If I may ask, why are you so sad about Tolle's wealth !

What he does with his wealth is his business and concern. No one helped him out with money and shelter when he was out on the streets. If you had helped him with money and shelter, I would have been sympathetic to your concerns.

Krishna,worhipped by millions of Hindus as an Avatar, handled much greater wealth and power than Tolle. And he did so totally in pure awareness.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Closed Thread