Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:46 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Not meaning to sound my own trumpet here..and without any disrespect to either your kind self or iamthat..

I sorta mentioned Patanjalis Yoga Sutras and Yoga Chittick Grotto Nirodha some 15 pages ago:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=435

Now, I can see that it takes a while for others to catch up to the whole page that I was on..

Meanwhile, I just go on, waiting for others to reiterate stuff I said days ago...thinking they have thought about a whole new thing..

This used to annoy me... doesn't so much anymore...but I just thought I would mention it, so that others may get an inkling into how my internal processes work.

Yes, dear Shivani Devi, I actually thought of you when I posted that. I had NOT read iamthat yet.

1. You introduced me to that phrase - there was immediate appreciation and resonance - Buddhism similar... For that reason it stuck. I couldn't remember the words when I thought of it before so had to google the full phrase.

2. iamthat is familiar and well versed lol (independently ;))

3. I thought of mentioning you when I posted but didn't think it was important

Blessings,

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Yes, dear Shivani Devi, I actually thought of you when I posted that. I had NOT read iamthat yet.

1. You introduced me to that phrase - there was immediate appreciation and resonance - Buddhism similar... For that reason it stuck. I couldn't remember the words when I thought of it before so had to google the full phrase.

2. iamthat is familiar and well versed lol (independently ;))

3. I thought of mentioning you when I posted but didn't think it was important

Blessings,

JL
Ah, I see you quoted the unedited version...when my phone's automatic spellchecker went "what is this weird language you are trying to feed me? Let me give you the closest English equivalent...that will do".

I have since corrected it, much to the chagrin of my mobile phone saying "if you WANT to type in Sanskrit...then get a bloody Sanskrit keyboard!"

It is an ongoing issue we have..
Old 05-06-2019, 07:04 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
That you mentioned peace and bliss is there in the scriptures showed to me that it was not a tangible experience for you otherwise you would have worded it yourself.

No one talked about the scriptures over here.

No, again, this is your speculation . I can equally say that non attachment is written in Tolles books, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to what I have realized about attachments and it doesn't mean I have read his books . You are jumping to your own conclusions and you know nothing about me . You have speculated and concluded that I haven't meditated lol . You cannot be further away from the truth . It's really odd that you can try and defend yourself from something you are speculating about .

Quote:
These were duties Krishna performed in life. He has clearly taught about the dangers of attachments in the Gita.

While contemplating on the objects of the senses, one develops attachment to them. Attachment leads to desire, and from desire (when obstructed) arises anger. Anger leads to clouding of judgment, which results in bewilderment of the memory. When the memory is bewildered, the discretion gets destroyed; and when the discriminating intellect is destroyed, one is ruined. BG 2.63

https://www.hinduwebsite.com/attachment.asp

Krishna killed his uncle Kamsa because he was a tyrant ruler. Same with respect to Duryodhana. It's not a matter of belief but direct perception.

You don't need belief to understand that the Nazis with their destruction of german democracy, invasions and concentration camps need to be fought at.

In regards to krishna you are not understanding the thought processes and judgements that one has to have in order to carry out certain actions and these are beliefs associated with attachments . It's no good writing about the dangers of attachments when one has a sound judgement that tyrants must die .

How can anyone come to that judgement unless one had a sound foundation of what is right and wrong .. When one kills another in reflection of their beliefs then they are strongly attached to those beliefs .

But of course you don't want to see that do you .

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
You're wrong again.
I'm not stopping my thoughts.I recognize that i'm not my thoughts.
This is something you have to experience on your own,otherwise you can't understand what we're talking about.

Who does the thoughts belong too if not who/m or what you are?

Quote:
It's like trying to banish darkness,while all you have to do is to turn on the light.
And no it's not a mind trick.It's about ''using'' the mind.

You keep talking about peace and bliss,like they're the ultimate goal of everything and everyone.
They're just ''feelings'' and every kind of feeling or experience,fades away.

I have spoken about Peace and bliss as a result of being beyond the mind and that it doesn't become you simply by trying to stop the mind cogs from turning .

Quote:
That's why i was trying to make understand the transition from A-B.
It's not only about bliss.It's the east-west of everything.
And when an experience fades from your mind,the only thing that remains is you.

Sorry but i think you're unexperienced.Maybe stop reading books and start to practise a little?
Just a thought.

I have said more than once I don't understand what you are talking about .

For the record I don't read books .. so here we have you putting me down through pure incorrect speculation and I have another forum member putting me down saying I don't meditate even though I have 25 years under my belt lol .

Peeps need to stop speculating and putting others down . It's not a good look and from what I have heard said it is completely untrue .

What a nice combo .

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
No, again, this is your speculation . I can equally say that non attachment is written in Tolles books, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to what I have realized about attachments . You are jumping to your own conclusions and you know nothing about me . You have speculated and concluded that I haven't meditated lol . You cannot be further away from the truth . It's really odd that you can try and defend yourself from something you are speculating about .

In regards to krishna you are not understanding the thought processes and judgements that one has to have in order to carry out certain actions and these are beliefs associated with attachments . It's no good writing about the dangers of attachments when one has a sound judgement that tyrants must die .

How can anyone come to that judgement unless one had a sound foundation of what is right and wrong .. When one kills another in reflection of their beliefs then they are strongly attached to those beliefs .

But of course you don't want to see that do you .

x daz x

I wonder why Krishna had to kill.... couldn't he just imprision him.
It has to be attachment to his beliefs that killing is justified and the only solution. Beliefs can be blinding.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:21 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
While other teachers say that you can stop thoughts from arising and remove the mental chatter.

Patanjali's second sutra sums up Yoga:

Yoga chitta vritti nirodha

Yoga is the silencing of the modifications of the mind.

You can't stop thoughts by trying to stop thoughts . You focus on something else .

I did yoga for 10 years . When you pay attention to the yoga through the heart the chattery mind will cease and peter out 'eventually'.

What I was emphasising is that there is no quick fix to stopping the chattery mind and allowing pure consciousness and peace and bliss become you .

It is a process involving many things .

Yoga is a science I am well aware about and the union that it creates ...

There is no immediate on and off switch for thoughts arising .

It takes a practice of sorts .

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It has to be attachment to his beliefs that killing is justified and the only solution. Beliefs can be blinding.

Yes absolutely it is attachment based upon his beliefs .

People don't seem to understand or they don't want to understand that attachments are rife in all judgemental instances .

I would say only Krishna could answer why he had to kill certain people and demons .. Why not love them instead, why not forgive them instead, why not turn the other cheek instead?

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 07:36 AM
Master

Quote:
No, again, this is your speculation . I can equally say that non attachment is written in Tolles books, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to what I have realized about attachments . You are jumping to your own conclusions and you know nothing about me . You have speculated and concluded that I haven't meditated lol . You cannot be further away from the truth . It's really odd that you can try and defend yourself from something you are speculating about .

You have given enough holes in your posts to show that you have no idea about nonduality/advaita.

To state that pure awareness does not know how to tie shoelaces and so on, shows that you had no idea of meditation and thoughtless consciousness in the first place.

All this are just theoretical to you, and you are idly playing with words without any experiential understanding of your own.

Quote:

In regards to krishna you are not understanding the thought processes and judgements that one has to have in order to carry out certain actions and these are beliefs associated with attachments.It's no good writing about the dangers of attachments when one has a sound judgement that tyrants must die .

A policeman who does not do his allotted duty of preventing crime and arresting criminals out of cowardice, lethargy or indifference will be creating karma for himself.

Same is the case of a doctor who fails to administer medicine to a patient promptly at time as part of his duties, and he will be incurring karma for himself.

Krishna was a Kshatriya prince in those times, whose duties including ruling, administering, maintaining law and order, and soldiering.

For Krishna, ending the tyranny of greedy despots, was a duty on his part, and he had performed it.

It's hard to understand what attachments and beliefs you are talking about here in relation to Krishna.

If police-man sees a thief trying to rob a woman, he will not try to reason it out as 'attachments and beliefs' as you stated. He will stop the robbery or he will be failing in his duties and can even lose his job and reputation.

Quote:
It's no good writing about the dangers of attachments when one has a sound judgement that tyrants must die.How can anyone come to that judgement unless one had a sound foundation of what is right and wrong .. When one kills another in reflection of their beliefs then they are strongly attached to those beliefs .

Krishna, as a Kshatriya prince, only prevented despots from carrying on with their tyrannical rule selfishly, and slayed them in battle.

If a policeman shoots dead a murderer on the verge of committing an another murder, he is not doing it out of attachments or beliefs, but in consideration of his allotted duties.

If a policeman shoots dead a non-violent protester campaigning against unjust government or social policies , that would be a violation of his allotted duties.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-06-2019, 07:43 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
You have given enough holes in your posts to show that you have no idea about nonduality/advaita.

To state that pure awareness does not know how to tie shoelaces and so on, shows that you had no idea of meditation and thoughtless consciousness in the first place.

All this are just theoretical to you, and you are idly playing with words without any experiential understanding of your own.

I am talking about peace and bliss and attachments and the differences between self and no self .. All that which I have experience / realizations of.

What you have been speculating about is completely false . You are simply making it all up to suit your agenda here .

Please discuss the holes that you see ..

x daz x
Old 05-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Krishna was an underdog figure against the likes of Kamsa and Duryodhana. In the first case, he did not have an army of his own, and had to execute a coup, and in the second case, Duryodhana's army was numerically superior to Arjuna's.

Krishna had endeavoured as a diplomat to create peace between Duryodhana and Yudhisthira, but failed in his attempts. The war came about later on.

The point I am making here is that Krishna was established in Self-awareness while performing his allotted duties, as a warrior, administrator, diplomat,general, charioteer and spiritual teacher. In fact, it was his state of awareness that is considered to be the source of his intuitions and efficiency in work.

It was not, as God-like stated, that he did not know toothbrush or how to brush his teeth or tie his shoelaces in Awareness.

All this shows deficiency in understanding of advaita/nonduality.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Closed Thread